Comments

• Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HandsClean wrote: »
    Hey guys

The new chapter begins here!!!

I have a brand new label home and an amazing new album to shout about! It's finally finished and I am so excited!

The album is called Music To Make Boys Cry and the first single is called Cinderella - which is due to be released on 21st July.

Here is a clip of the track: http://soundcloud.com/sorecordings/cinderella-preview-clip

To celebrate my new single being available for pre-order I want to invite all of you with a creative eye to come up with some cover artwork for the single - inspired by Cinderella!

Anything goes, and my favourite will be used as the digital single cover! So get doodling and submit the entries to: cinderella@sorecordings.com

Thanks so much for all your support and for being so patient, it will all be worthwhile!

Just recieved this email from the official website. So single out July 21st

So glad she is keeping the Tile it's one i have always loved :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    I've been wanting to hear the studio version of this for some time!

I have to say - as much as I love it, it does lack 'something'.

The chorus when performed live is an absolute belter - see below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGftzkqRjCQ

This was the gig I was at last Feb when I first heard it and I loved it so much. I still love the studio preview, I just wish the chorus was as explosive as it is in this live performance.

Can't wait for the full version!
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got the email too. :) excited.

I did just post this in XF forum, but the conversation seems to be here really. As excited as I am for this album, is anyone else a little bit concerned that her new album might contain mostly tracks that have emerged in the last year or two? I do love those songs, but I'd kind of like mostly new material too. :p

I think ill hold of from listening to Cinderella until the final version emerges. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 221
    Forum Member
    Aneres11 wrote: »
    I've been wanting to hear the studio version of this for some time!

I have to say - as much as I love it, it does lack 'something'.

I think once the full song has been released, the missing 'something' will hopefully appear.

In the live version where she hits the big note halfway through on the word 'sunrise', I reckon that will be amazing on the studio version! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Hey over on the popjustice forum theirs talk that the album was actually up for pre order for a while before being taken down. Well thats the story anyway...someone has uploaded a screen shot with a supposed track list and album cover. If this is true then it does not include "Kiss Of A Bullet" but does include a song called "Break My Fall" which may be a cover of the Lana Del Rey song that she performed live recently. Im not saying its true it may be fake but if anyone wants to have a look follow the link bellow:

http://www.popjustice.com/forum/threads/21336-Diana-Vickers-Second-Studio-Album-Discussion/page69
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :mad: Kiss of A Bullet is brilliant.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kiss Of A Bullet is fantastic. I hope its on there somewhere.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
  • Options
    gavin shipmangavin shipman Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    I think Diana could make top 10 easily with some promotion.

I think her album could make top 10 too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rH3J7WL6er0

The full single is here! Lyric video is great!!

I am absolutely so in love with this song and even more in love with Diana - if that were even possible!!

This has number 1 written all over it. If this does not get promoted properly it will be a travesty as she deserves so much success. Brilliant writer and understands music so well - even if you care for her voice or not.

So happy!! :D
  • Options
    SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He4vgqumVKE

the video is here didn't know it was out today, saw it by chance ..
  • Options
    Carly_ThompsonCarly_Thompson Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a nice enough song but doesn't scream lead single or smash hit at all. 3rd or 4th single at best. She's been off the radar for far too long to come back with something like this, she needed something that grabs people's attention more and has a bit of oomph and I just don't think this single does. I may end up eating my words but I really don't think this will be a success, even with promotion.

Her diction is getting better though.
  • Options
    LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She really is a very pretty girl.

Anyway, back to the music, I love Diana and I've loved the majority of leaks so far, but to be honest both 'Colours' and 'Music To Make Boys Cry' scream more of a lead single than 'Cinderella'. It's nice, it's catchy, but it just doesn't WOW, and I doubt it'll get playlisted.
  • Options
    superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is beautiful, I love it. The video is very Made in Chelsea too. I really want her to smash!
  • Options
    SparklySwedeSparklySwede Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like the song, and hope it does well although I can't help thinking maybe it's not the best choice for a lead single. Then again I remember thinking similarly about Once, so I could be proven wrong, and I hope I am. I would like Diana Vickers to have more success.

The video's pretty good too. Nothing amazing but I enjoyed it. She really could have chosen a better dress than that nude coloured one she was wearing though, it was completely unflattering and I doubt it would look good on anyone! Overall though, she did a decent job with the video and I just hope it gets more views!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    over 100,000 in a day is pretty good for somebody who hasn't really set the music world alight! Going independant is the best thing she could have done :D
  • Options
    Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    over 100,000 in a day is pretty good for somebody who hasn't really set the music world alight! Going independant is the best thing she could have done :D

Unfortunately, I think it's because Harry Styles retweeted the video. He has over 13 million followers on twitter :o

I don't really like the song, like others have mentioned, Kiss From A Bullet is awesome!! I do hope she does well with this album. At least she's putting in the work and doing it how she wants to
  • Options
    VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    I hated her on X Factor! Loved her on hearing BWML
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The people who say this isn't a lead single - I say lol to you.

Seriously. As if this isn't a lead single.

It's brilliant. It's catchy, it's fresh, she sounds fantastic. She looks amazing.

I hope you do all eat your words.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a good song but a bit cheesy and I don't think will reach the top 20 but hope I am wrong because I think Diana is one of the best all round artists to come from the X Factor
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its not doing well at all on iTunes :(

Hope if it flops it doesn't effect the album release.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ considering she's on an independant label and had virtually no promotion except This Morning, #49 on itunes is pretty damn good!
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aneres11 wrote: »
    The people who say this isn't a lead single - I say lol to you.

Seriously. As if this isn't a lead single.

It's brilliant. It's catchy, it's fresh, she sounds fantastic. She looks amazing.

I hope you do all eat your words.

It's not a lead single it's a good single but lead no. Once that was a lead single a left hook from nowehere and a killer chorus to boot.

Cinderella is nice, pretty but nothing exciting.
  • Options
    WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow! I'm surprised how well it is doing on iTunes (she is on an independent label)! She will be quite happy I would imagine.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The song is too weak.
  • Options
    LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Music To Make Boys Cry is the better song, I don't know why that wasn't used as the lead. Maybe because it leaked about 100 years ago... But still.