The Saturday's New Single What About Us ft Sean Paul

Comments

• JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I simply adore this song. Prefer the one without Sean Paul though, as I simply cannot fathom why he has been included on it.
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    I'm hoping they'll release the sean paul -less version during the week or next week
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely this will give them that elusive #1 they have craved for 5 long years.
    It would be a nice "feel good" story if they managed it.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »
    Surely this will give them that elusive #1 they have craved for 5 long years.
    It would be a nice "feel good" story if they managed it.

I hope it does get No 1, but I guess we won't know until next week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope it does get No 1, but I guess we won't know until next week.

I think it will get Number 1...

But if this gets number 1, I do think they will continue with the dance type songs.
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope this is their first #1

I love it :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still #1 on the singles and albums chart. They've got a pretty big lead over #2 as well.
  • avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really hope they Get no 1, it's been a long time comming and its a pretty good song!
  • MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    I love the song but there is no need for Sean Paul! I only listen to the version without him.

Would be nice if they got number one :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does the official chart count sales from Sunday onwards or Monday onwards?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lulz77 wrote: »
    Does the official chart count sales from Sunday onwards or Monday onwards?

Sunday 00:00am - Saturdays 11:59pm
  • javjamoll84javjamoll84 Posts: 15,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do have to say it has regrown on me once again after a slow start then decline. I got a bit bored and hated the Sean Paul version. But I find it amusing when they do interviews and keep saying 'Sean D'Paul'.

I'm honestly surprised it seems to be doing so well and was even put on Radio 1's playlist. But I'm so glad its doing well. :)
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God I hope it get's to number 1, I'll be content with top 5 but after all this time a number 1 would just be amazing, it may even gain them more fans thus earning them more album sales, stranger things have happened.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    Still #1 on the singles and albums chart. They've got a pretty big lead over #2 as well.

There's hope for them yet! Come on Team Sats! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    I'm honestly surprised it seems to be doing so well and was even put on Radio 1's playlist.
    All their singles have been playlisted by Radio 1 and Capital FM.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope the girls stay quiet on twitter and don't do a "Nicole" with celebrating a #1 after just one day of sales!
    They don't need to jinx it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    I hope the girls stay quiet on twitter and don't do a "Nicole" with celebrating a #1 after just one day of sales!
    They don't need to jinx it

:confused: All Nicole did was tweet to say it was number one in the midweeks and to thank her fans for that. That really won't of affected sales.
  • ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a nice catchy pop song. I really like Rochelle's vocals. It's a shame it didn't have much impact in the US though.
  • Steady40Steady40 Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even if it gets to No1 I reckon it will be a non-number one as it will fall fast like their other opening singles. Something like

1-6-14-22-32-
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would be nice if they finally landed that much needed #1 but in all honesty how many times have we been here before with the Saturdays. Soaring to the upper reaches of the charts within the first 48 hours on sale and then bombing down the top 10. I would love to see them at #1 next Sunday but sadly it ain't gonna happen.
  • PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,427
    Forum Member
    I would love them to get a number 1 but we've all seen this happen before.. They peak at number 1 at the beginning of the week and by the end of it they have dropped massively.
    Forum Member
    dory353 wrote: »
    It would be nice if they finally landed that much needed #1 but in all honesty how many times have we been here before with the Saturdays. Soaring to the upper reaches of the charts within the first 48 hours on sale and then bombing down the top 10. I would love to see them at #1 next Sunday but sadly it ain't gonna happen.

Yeah but they never spent this long at #1 (I think) + their EP is still at #1 and one remix is also charting around 150

I'm not saying it certainly is but it looks like they're heading for #1
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tyyleer wrote: »
    I would love them to get a number 1 but we've all seen this happen before.. They peak at number 1 at the beginning of the week and by the end of it they have dropped massively.

The last few times it was different.

Just Can't Get Enough was never #1 on iTunes (it sold alot of CD's because it was for charity) and Flo Rida was a new release that overtook them because it was massive worldwide.
    Missing You was never #1 on iTunes (it was #1 combined with other versions but barely) and All Fired Up was #1 on iTunes for an hour before they got overtook.

What About Us has been #1 on iTunes for about eight hours now and is still increasing it's lead over #2 (it's 40% in front of One Direction and still climbing).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    The last few times it was different.

Just Can't Get Enough was never #1 on iTunes (it sold alot of CD's because it was for charity) and Flo Rida was a new release that overtook them because it was massive worldwide.
    Missing You was never #1 on iTunes (it was #1 combined with other versions but barely) and All Fired Up was #1 on iTunes for an hour before they got overtook.

What About Us has been #1 on iTunes for about eight hours now and is still increasing it's lead over #2 (it's 40% in front of One Direction and still climbing).

I would only be too happy to be pleased wrong but look at Nicole Scherzinger last week. Two days at #1 on I-Tunes and she has ended up at #6
    Forum Member
    dory353 wrote: »
    I would only be too happy to be pleased wrong but look at Nicole Scherzinger last week. Two days at #1 on I-Tunes and she has ended up at #6

yeah but she didnt have the radio support and tv support the Sats had

Plus she didn;t have a succesfull EP either