Options

BT Sport showcase live sports events schedule

Comments

• Options
    BizmanBizman Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    29/11/2015 Sun 14:30 to 17:15 Live Premiership Rugby Union Leicester Tigers v Bath Rugby
  • Options
    clewsyclewsy Posts: 4,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Prior to BT getting these rights there was a suggestion of a small, package of FTA games, and people hoping ITV 4 would show them.

Well here we are, game 3 of 9 on Showcase.

Still think if BT wants to promote itself to a wide audience it should do a deal with ITV, show the content on ITV 4 with BT Sport logo, and be in every ad break.

They don't want it to be a success though. It's just ticking a box and ITV arnt going to sub licence and get nothing back ..remember they get money from ad sales, which in your proposed deal they get nothing back at all.
  • Options
    ArrGeeArrGee Posts: 1,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    onecitizen wrote: »
    "However, as mentioned earlier, BT will make some matches available for everyone to watch via a new, free-to-air channel on digital TV.
    Called BT Sport Showcase, this channel will show a minimum of 12 UEFA Champions League matches and 14 UEFA Europa League matches and these will be available to anyone to watch for free."

http://sport.bt.com/sport-football/news/bt-sport-the-home-of-the-champions-league-S11363984692816

Surprised they have shown so many group games; I believe next one is PSV Eindhoven v CSKA according to my Virgin guide which seems like an odd choice unless they anticipate Manchester United fans dual screening. After the next group game, that leaves just five CL games, so one last 16, one QF, two semis and the final?

I cancelled subscription after the fourth round of games. Arsenal game was good to show on 5th round and I am at Chelsea for the final game, so depending on either of them scrambling through I may start again come February/March.
  • Options
    bluesdiamondbluesdiamond Posts: 11,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ArrGee wrote: »
    Surprised they have shown so many group games; I believe next one is PSV Eindhoven v CSKA according to my Virgin guide which seems like an odd choice unless they anticipate Manchester United fans dual screening. After the next group game, that leaves just five CL games, so one last 16, one QF, two semis and the final?

I cancelled subscription after the fourth round of games. Arsenal game was good to show on 5th round and I am at Chelsea for the final game, so depending on either of them scrambling through I may start again come February/March.

That they have shown all British teams makes selection at the knockout rounds interesting.
    With last 16 spread over eight match days, i think more likely two 1st legs from last 16, then 1 QF first leg, 1 semi and final.
    Think they have 8 Europa League games.
    2 R32, 2 R16, 1 QF, 1 SF, Final. Maybe s QF matches?

Also six Aviva Rugby matches to come from next 16 rounds. Cannot see Play offs or Final FTA.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    08/12/2015 Tue 19:30 21:45 Live UEFA Champions League PSV Eindhoven v CSKA Moscow
    08/12/2015 Tue 21:45 22:00 Football Tonight 2015/16
    10/12/2015 Thu 17:30 20:00 Live UEFA Europa League Fenerbahce v Celtic
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    27/12/2015 Sun 16:15 to 19:00 Live Premiership Rugby Union Harlequins v Gloucester (Kick-off 4.30pm). Coverage at Twickenham.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bizman wrote: »
    27/12/2015 Sun 16:15 to 19:00 Live Premiership Rugby Union Harlequins v Gloucester (Kick-off 4.30pm). Coverage at Twickenham.

Whilst the football selection has not worked for British supporters used to seeing home teams get coverage FTA on ITV.
    It seems the choice of rugby had been better. Leicester v Bath and the annual Twickenham Christmas match.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone actually know the viewing figures for this channel? Never hear anyone talking about it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    09/01/2016 Sat 14:30 to 17:30 Live Premiership Rugby Union: Leicester v Northampton Aviva Premiership action at Welford Road. The Tigers, who enjoyed an unbeaten home record throughout the whole of 2015, sit four points above fifth-placed Northampton in the table.

14/01/2016 Thu 19:45 to 22:45 Live NBA London: Raptors @ Magic Action from the NBA as the Orlando Magic take on the Toronto Raptors at the O2 Arena in London.

You don't get much warning on this channel!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    European football back next week.
    We have 5 Champions League and Eight Europa. Including finals.
    Wonder if they will be first legs or second legs?

Suspect a Europa next week.
  • Options
    Howard_GilpinHoward_Gilpin Posts: 2,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    European football back next week.
    We have 5 Champions League and Eight Europa. Including finals.
    Wonder if they will be first legs or second legs?

Suspect a Europa next week.

What do you mean finals?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What do you mean finals?
    BT Sport said they will show 12 Champions League and 14 Europa League FTA.

The only stipulation when they got the rights as far as I know was that the Finals had to be FTA.

Having shown a qualifier and six group games BT have only promised 5 more FTA including in that i imagine the final. We have three rounds, r16, r8,r4.
    Round 16 is over 4 weeks.
    Maybe two R16 matches, both 1st legs, next week and week after?

8 Europa left including final.
    Maybe r32 two matches, two r16, two r8 and 1 semi?
  • Options
    a516a516 Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member
    BT Sport said they will show 12 Champions League and 14 Europa League FTA.

The only stipulation when they got the rights as far as I know was that the Finals had to be FTA.

Having shown a qualifier and six group games BT have only promised 5 more FTA including in that i imagine the final. We have three rounds, r16, r8,r4.
    Round 16 is over 4 weeks.
    Maybe two R16 matches, both 1st legs, next week and week after?

8 Europa left including final.
    Maybe r32 two matches, two r16, two r8 and 1 semi?
    Freeview matches:

THURSDAY 18th FEBRUARY
    Borussia Dortmund v FC Porto - k/o 6pm
    Valencia v Rapid Vienna - k/o 8pm

TUESDAY 23rd FEBRUARY
    Juventus v Bayern Munich - k/o 7:45pm
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a waste of a channel. Sits empty most of the year.

Why not offer some FTA sports news? Freeview misses Sky Sports News.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a516 wrote: »
    Freeview matches:

THURSDAY 18th FEBRUARY
    Borussia Dortmund v FC Porto - k/o 6pm
    Valencia v Rapid Vienna - k/o 8pm

TUESDAY 23rd FEBRUARY
    Juventus v Bayern Munich - k/o 7:45pm

As suspected. British clubs avoided.
    But with Bayern Munich a major European team.

And of course first leg.
    But means matches both weeks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

In 2015/16
    26 FTA UEFA Club competition games.
    At least 9 English Prem Rugby
    NBA London match,

Next year
    6 Australian Big Bash T20.

Just needs some promotion. Will say Rugby Prem are promoting it on their website. We have had 5 of 9 so far.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This Friday
    Harlequins v Leicester
  • Options
    rustytrawlerrustytrawler Posts: 2,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's a contractual obligation. BT could care less you watch it so promotion isn't on the agenda. I doubt the product would attract you if it already hadn't attracted you to BT.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a contractual obligation. BT could care less you watch it so promotion isn't on the agenda. I doubt the product would attract you if it already hadn't attracted you to BT.

Totally true. They may as well just make it an IP channel and then at least they could build an interface in which thebuser cpuldnpress red, purchase a subscription and then access the other channels.

Of course, BT won't do this as in fairness they are very focused on not confusing the issue. They want people to think they need the YouView box from BT to get their channels.
  • Options
    rustytrawlerrustytrawler Posts: 2,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clewsy wrote: »
    Totally true. They may as well just make it an IP channel and then at least they could build an interface in which thebuser cpuldnpress red, purchase a subscription and then access the other channels.

Of course, BT won't do this as in fairness they are very focused on not confusing the issue. They want people to think they need the YouView box from BT to get their channels.

Another delivery mechanism on yet another technology platform. Only the HD boxes and TVs can do this AFAIK. HD is another upsell as the PQ is dreadful.

Why would a subscriber try to subscribe only to be told he needs to buy another TV, or as you point out, the BT lite box or the YouView box? They are only carried on Sky to make it easy for lazy Sky subscribers to add the channel rather than have to do anything as drastic as actually contemplate moving platforms. It doesn't make people switch. Most Sky users don't even know their TV has it's own DVB-T(or 2) tuner.

There is though a realistic choice for new households with the newer BT channel pack and Netflix combined with the Sport packs and Broadband.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tuesday 08/03 19:00 CL R16 2nd leg Real Madrid v AS Roma
    Thursday 10/ 03 20:00 EL R16 1st leg Athletic Bilbao v Valencis

Certainly seeing a wide,selection of European teams.
  • Options
    Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd much rather have seen Dortmund v Spurs in the EL.

Really miss ITV's live coverage. >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess that will be on BT Sport as they want you to subscribe.

The UCL and EL must have seen a massive drop in interest with the loss of FTA regular rights.
  • Options
    UnrealUnreal Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    clewsy wrote: »
    I guess that will be on BT Sport as they want you to subscribe.

The UCL and EL must have seen a massive drop in interest with the loss of FTA regular rights.

I for one don't care about it anymore, I've watched perhaps one CL game this season. I'm also over the Premier League.

If their greed leads to mass apathy they deserve it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unreal wrote: »
    I for one don't care about it anymore, I've watched perhaps one CL game this season. I'm also over the Premier League.

If their greed leads to mass apathy they deserve it.

I think your one of many who feel the same. Can't say in botheree about the CL or EL, its just forgotten about.