Options

Fifa 15 Vs PES 2015

Comments

• Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lisa.J wrote: »
    First few nights it was fine, not played a great deal but had no problems getting a game. Tried a few times last night and just got error messages. Tbh I was too hungover to be bothered by it so I just played some offline, which is no real bad think - I need lots of game time to get up to speed. I cant play against Madrid online, I just get taken apart. I'm guessing there's no team matching, like on fifa if you picked a four star team it would match you up against similar?

Its all a learning curve at the moment, after 6 years of FIFA. I am enjoying it tho.

yeah i was dissapointed to see in online divisions that their is no class matching, i picked notts forest and someone else picked psg!

i still got a 2-2 draw mind

pes do it by risk reward it seems. if you win a match with madrid you may get 300 pts and 150pts for draw

with forest you get 664 for a win and 332 for a draw etc
  • Options
    Lisa.JLisa.J Posts: 1,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    yeah i was dissapointed to see in online divisions that their is no class matching, i picked notts forest and someone else picked psg!

i still got a 2-2 draw mind

pes do it by risk reward it seems. if you win a match with madrid you may get 300 pts and 150pts for draw

with forest you get 664 for a win and 332 for a draw etc

I guess thats the upside, always good to beat someone who is using far better team!

Its no big deal but another thing I found odd was that you can skip replays online, not sure how I feel about that! on one hand I did get pretty fed up being forced to watch every celebration and replay of a cheap cut back goal in fifa, but Ive scored some crackers online which I think I should be able to watch once straight afterwards! (I know you can watch them at the end)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah thats nothing new on pes, we are used to it.

its nice to be able to skip,but sometimes you just cant sit back and enjoy your goal.

it has probably minimised online quitting though. on old pes i used to use all 30secs replay time to spin the camera around the ball lol. alot of opponents just quit and gave me the win
  • Options
    Lisa.JLisa.J Posts: 1,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had another night of not being able to get a game online. Anyone else having issues on PS4?
  • Options
    the dourflathe dourfla Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lisa how are you finding online?

360 servers seem fine, easy to get game and stable for most part. thats great news

however online it seems like uber pressuring is in effect all over the pitch! you cant keep possesion for very long, every time you try to pass you are closed down before conencting with the ball,same with shooting.

any pass even slightly near opposition WILL be intercepted.

leading to lots of 0-0 draws i am finding. anyone else found this? is it just a 360 thing?

although i always post something like this after launch and in a few weeks im loving it, hope thats the case and i just have to get used to it.

On the demo i play on superstar difficulty and unless you are acurate and have decent power on the pass it always gets intercepted, doesn't help either when the cpu makes the pass go to the wrong player.
    Maybe the AI controlled players are set to superstar by default.

I've had most joy with the 442 diamond formation with short central passing set up.
  • Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member

No sympathy. That's what you get for picking Forest....:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Give me a job as a playtester for pes and sack the rest because they aint doing their job, i would keep the devs busy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    got hang of a game a lil better last night, won 4 straight scoring 17 conceding 0.

however then lost 3 in a row to higher ranked players who rinsed my overly attacking formation

went defesnive with wales in my last game and got a 0-0. nearly scored with a bale run though so it felt realistic

in division 9 at minute and need 400pts from last 2 games to gain promotion to division 8
  • Options
    jubalcjubalc Posts: 398
    Forum Member
    I love Fifa and was a Pes fan of the past. I love the seasons online in fifa and if its similar in Pes then I may have to pick it up.

Is it worth spending the 30 quid to pick it up?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jubalc wrote: »
    I love Fifa and was a Pes fan of the past. I love the seasons online in fifa and if its similar in Pes then I may have to pick it up.

Is it worth spending the 30 quid to pick it up?

id say so yes, as would the reviews. but reviews can be ridiculously wrong sometimes.

its 28 quid in asda btw,
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thoroughly enjoying Myclub mode on PES 2015

Already promoted from division 12 to 11, although I do keep getting lumbered with crap players due to the roulette landing on the white or bronze ball...Got Marco Reus from the top agent

Still trying to find the right mix of players and manager though as I have been hammered recently 5-1 and 6-1
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    online their is a delay on shooting,passing and moving sometimes and its just leading to dogfight games, never seems to be a game where one team dominates and plays good football

plus side i like how online divisions works, i needed big points in my penultimate game of division 9 so i picked west ham and beat barca 1-0. got promoted!
  • Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Stuck at my Bro's house this afternoon, he only has FIFA. What a pile of $hit game it is. Anyone who doesn't think that there's inherent rubber banding in this is deluded.

1-1 Arsenal against Barcelona with 2 minutes to go, score 2-1. As soon as I get the ball back after they've kicked off I'll just play keep ball for a few minutes. But no, Barcelona manage to string together about 30 passes, riding scything challenges, gravity-defying, and generally displaying a better mastery of 'the force' than Darth Vader, Obi Wan Kenobi, Yoda, and Luke Skywalker combined, before hitting a grubbed shot that just happens to go straight through the keepers legs.

Bad enough. Game goes to ET, where I pepper their goal, hitting the post, the bar, at least one cleared off the line. Then into injury time, out of nowhere, that well known speed merchant, Mascherano, runs the entire length of the pitch, evading challenge after challenge, before sprinting past a defender who I'd literally brought on a few minutes earlier and again grubbering one through the keeper's legs.

Absolute b0ll0x.
  • Options
    willrelf92willrelf92 Posts: 15,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bester wrote: »
    Stuck at my Bro's house this afternoon, he only has FIFA. What a pile of $hit game it is. Anyone who doesn't think that there's inherent rubber banding in this is deluded.

1-1 Arsenal against Barcelona with 2 minutes to go, score 2-1. As soon as I get the ball back after they've kicked off I'll just play keep ball for a few minutes. But no, Barcelona manage to string together about 30 passes, riding scything challenges, gravity-defying, and generally displaying a better mastery of 'the force' than Darth Vader, Obi Wan Kenobi, Yoda, and Luke Skywalker combined, before hitting a grubbed shot that just happens to go straight through the keepers legs.

Bad enough. Game goes to ET, where I pepper their goal, hitting the post, the bar, at least one cleared off the line. Then into injury time, out of nowhere, that well known speed merchant, Mascherano, runs the entire length of the pitch, evading challenge after challenge, before sprinting past a defender who I'd literally brought on a few minutes earlier and again grubbering one through the keeper's legs.

Absolute b0ll0x.
    These things happen, it's football. Sometimes it goes in your favour and sometimes it doesn't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Absolute b0ll0x.

lol embarassing isnt it?

but dont forget bester...games like this happen in real life ALL THE TIME, and its just your BAD LUCK
  • Options
    TunnelVision9TunnelVision9 Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fifa seasons is absolute infuriating. Played two games today, should have had two pens but then my opponent gets a pen when i fouled him outside the box. Was 3-2 up needed to keep ball for about 20 seconds but no a simple pass which really should have found its destination goes to opposition player who then proceeds to run at defence who decide to not ****ing move and every tackle would bounce off him. He then scores. Happens way too much!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member

Absolute b0ll0x.

You can fix so much of this via the slider settings. This is what I have done and you can tailor the game a great deal to be much fairer and still challenging and rewarding.

The fact is, EA don't playtest their AI for single players. They don't care, as everything is online focussed now. Personally, I have no desire at all to enter into that so it's worth my time balancing out the gameplay to suit me and how I like a football game to be.

I've said it elsewhere but for the gamer it's a case of either fixing the gameplay in FIFA manually, or updating kits and everything in PES manually. Either way, neither is perfect out of the box, but both can be a great deal of fun when fixed to suit the player.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I might get PES on X1 if there is a cheap deal after Christmas, I like to have a footy game on every console and I'm not buying on both
  • Options
    iDirtyPenguiniDirtyPenguin Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    Looks like the hands are changing... my mate has traded in Fifa for PES. He's trying to get me to do the same as we both enjoy challenging one another at games. Wether it be COD, GTA or Fifa, I'm contemplating it because lets face it, fifa is utter cack. It really is.

Penalties are unreal. Sterling is SOOO overpowered. He's almost the combination of Messi and Ronaldo lol.
  • Options
    Banana RamaBanana Rama Posts: 3,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the ps3 controller is killing my hands trying to play PES 15, i can hardly type right now, ouch. really bad wrist /fingers strain in my left hand, also having to constantly double tap x to tackle takes its toll on your thumb, its unavoidable on superstar difficulty, i hope the ps4 controller is more comfortable to use when i get the new system...
  • Options
    PES 2009PES 2009 Posts: 1,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finding PES 2015 on the PC to be a huge letdown. Gameplay is rather jerky.

PES 2014 ran perfectly fine in 1080p on my system so for me it's just basically down to being a poor port.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the ps3 controller is killing my hands trying to play PES 15, i can hardly type right now, ouch. really bad wrist /fingers strain in my left hand, also having to constantly double tap x to tackle takes its toll on your thumb, its unavoidable on superstar difficulty, i hope the ps4 controller is more comfortable to use when i get the new system...

Pressing a button twice makes your fingers sore? You must shudder at the thought of using a sky remote. Think there is another passtime which is the cause, involving something banana shaped:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    changed pass assit to 1 and enjoying online alot more now

but still on a poor run, no win in 9 :(
  • Options
    Banana RamaBanana Rama Posts: 3,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PES 2009 wrote: »
    Finding PES 2015 on the PC to be a huge letdown. Gameplay is rather jerky.

PES 2014 ran perfectly fine in 1080p on my system so for me it's just basically down to being a poor port.

my understanding is that the pc version is the last gen version, basically the version that got released on ps3 and 360, missing content such as cinematics, movie ad boards and animated pitchside staff have apparently been found in the pc data files so they were deliberately removed from the pc version post production. presumably konami would rather people buy the console versions and see the pc as a lesser important platform, which is annoying for pc gamers like myself.
    Pressing a button twice makes your fingers sore? You must shudder at the thought of using a sky remote. Think there is another passtime which is the cause, involving something banana shaped:)

i wondered how long it would take for someone to make that joke, could see it coming a mile off...
  • Options
    JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Just got PES for the PS4 (And rather lucky it was a day one edition) bonus myclub content