Gemma leaves the jungle

15678911»

Comments

• MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly I suspect garbage like This Morning and Lorraine will be fawning all over her
  • SemillionSemillion Posts: 612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Microkorg wrote: »
    Sadly I suspect garbage like This Morning and Lorraine will be fawning all over her

She should not be paid a single penny. £40,000....how the heck does she command a fee of that size? who is she when it comes down to it....who IS she!!! (said in best Nikki-BB7 voice).

What a piker she is - 3 days of whinging, 3 days of yellow poo (so she says), 3 days of roughing it on a TV set (surrounded by cameramen and production staff) and she cannot hack it? god spare us. There's been past contestants with health issues who made the effort and stuck it out...Colin Baker, David Emmanuel last year who had had cancer, Crissy Rock in 2011 had been cleared of cancer just before she went in and Laila Morse also had had cancer and health issues prior to going into the camp. And that ridiculous Collins woman with those stupid looking pigtails cannot stick it beyond 36 hours. Well she's back in Blighty so everyone lock up your pies!!!

I reckon if the bush toilet could speak it would say "Let her go, pleeeease!!!"
  • Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Microkorg wrote: »

I saw Lorraine this morning and she barely mentioned her, it was like 'what was that all about', it seemed like she did not want to talk about her at all.
    It might be different by next week though if the powers that be decide she should be on their morning show.
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems almost as if she already had a plan to leave but it went wrong when the public weren't able to vote for her since she was in the other plan. Like she was planning to be voted by the public everyday then finally quit saying she's had enough she couldn't cope with the tasks any longer and leave. So she came up with a new plan the best way she could to get out of there. Now she can talk about her "difficult time" she faced . If I was in the jungle I'd be glad she's gone she is not a team player at all along with the moaning.
    Since she was in the running to present those awards she had no intentions of staying the full duration.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    Only way to effect a change is for the whole uk population to not vote until we got what we want.
    All celebs have to stay once they sign that contract...no ifs. Nor buts unless it is. A medical emergency or in the case of Craig a close family member has died/ seriously ill whatever.

We are more powerful than we think.
  • SemillionSemillion Posts: 612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw Lorraine this morning and she barely mentioned her, it was like 'what was that all about', it seemed like she did not want to talk about her at all.
    It might be different by next week though if the powers that be decide she should be on their morning show.

Possibly - she is a 3rd rate 'zelebrity' though and not exactly a ratings-puller. I think she should be ignored by the powers-that-be. She made no effort and left with maximum profit.
  • zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She had to go straight home and wasnt allowed to say at the hotel hopefully tge plane ticket came out her own pocket
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    Thank goodness she's gone. She would have dragged the show right down to her level, which was akin to a stroppy teenager.
    I've never watched townie, I don't want to watch it. I don't know who she is. I don't want to know who she is

But...she does seem to represent everything that is wrong with this class of people who think life is all about them, that everything should be handed on a plate or for the least graft possible.

If everyone had her attitude we would never have survived two world wars.

A person like GC makes me ashamed to say I'm British. Whatever happened to the British bulldog spirit that we were once famous for.

Look at American Kendra, scared stiff of jumping out of the plane ...but she did it and the zip wire too and her countrymen must be so proud of her while right now I'm ashamed to say I'm British if GC is supposed to be a role model for young British women.

It's a crying shame and I hope to gawd the programme producers don't give this excuse any airtime whatsoever.

Than gawd for Mel Sykes and hopefully Nadia who may give young girls someone to look up to. Failing that lets hope they will fly Jessica Ennis in.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will she still get paid? And presumably she now goes to the Versace hotel for the duration of the show, living in luxury, and talking to Heat/Now/OK/etc, raking in even more cash.
    Don't think so. She has other committments
    Yvie123 wrote: »
    I wonder that they don't have a contract stipulating that aside from medical grounds, if contestants walk before doing at least one week, they have to pay back airfares, hotel expenses, etc?
    At the end of the day, it's a job, and she's taken a place that someone else could've had.
    But she had malaria AND she was dying.
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She had to go straight home and wasnt allowed to say at the hotel hopefully tge plane ticket came out her own pocket

Is that right? So has she left Australia? She does not deserve to lounge around in the hotel for three weeks.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She should be done for deception, agreeing to do a job for 3 weeks, but having no intention of completing more than 3 days, due to having another job lined up. I'm not sure that's a crime, but it's devious and dishonest. I hope the cabin crew give her a stale ham sandwich and tell her they're out of Quavers.

I suppose it depends how seriously it's taken at ITV. Obviously she's going to stick to her story that she fully intended to stay and enter in to the full spirit of the show and they're likely going to have a job proving otherwise.

I read an article a few weeks ago that said the contestants are taken through every aspect of the show before it even starts and left in no uncertain terms about what to expect so if she thought it was going to be so "hellish", why not bale out at that point?
    fredster wrote: »
    Is that right? So has she left Australia? She does not deserve to lounge around in the hotel for three weeks.

Yep, she's gone - there are pictures of her in the Mirror at the airport.
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad she has flown back she doesn't deserve a 'free' holiday!. Selfish cow
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad she has flown back she doesn't deserve a 'free' holiday!.

I have to agree here.
    I think it spoke volumes that she did not go live on the 'after show' on ITV2 last night, and we were shown a recorded interview with her.
  • stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to agree here.
    I think it spoke volumes that she did not go live on the 'after show' on ITV2 last night, and we were shown a recorded interview with her.

Don't think they usually like 'walkers' so don't give them a live interview or any other involvement
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't think they usually like 'walkers' so don't give them a live interview or any other involvement

Isn't that The Walking Dead? :D
  • solaresolare Posts: 11,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the Plus Awards website:

"Matt was due to be joined by co-presenter Gemma Collins, who gained success after appearing on ITV2′s The Only Way is Essex. Gemma has also launched her own fashion collection Gemma Collins Official, for which Gemma won the British Plus Size Award 2013 for Best Fashion Designer however she has gone into the jungle."

I hope, if she does end up presenting, that it seriously backfires on her and she gets booed. She is hoping for sympathy for her jungle "trauma" but she needs to realise that people are sick of her manipulative public persona.
  • susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    solare wrote: »

"Matt was due to be joined by co-presenter Gemma Collins, who gained success after appearing on ITV2′s The Only Way is Essex. Gemma has also launched her own fashion collection Gemma Collins Official, for which Gemma won the British Plus Size Award 2013 for Best Fashion Designer however she has gone into the jungle."

I hope, if she does end up presenting, that it seriously backfires on her and she gets booed. She is hoping for sympathy for her jungle "trauma" but she needs to realise that people are sick of her manipulative public persona.

Does anyone else think that the term "Plus Size" is hardly likely to encourage people to buy the stuff? If it's normal for people to come in a range of sizes, why would larger people want to be Plus Size? Victoria Beckham's range isn't advertised as "Stick Size", after all.
  • habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    solare wrote: »

On their Facebook page from 11th November

British Plus Size Awards
    11 November · Edited
    British Plus Size Awards 2014 - UPDATE
    Gemma Collins will now no longer be presenting the show with Matt Johnson as she has gone into ‘I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here’. This came as a complete surprise to us! We apologise for any inconvenience caused, but we are confident that Matt Johnson will do a fantastic job.

If they know she's back now, I hope they haven't changed their minds & have told her to get lost? :D