BBC2 changes tonight.

Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
Forum Member
According to tv mag. At 1045 tonight should be film. Sex drugs rock n roll about the late 70s punk.star Ian Dury.
But according to tv guide on cable tv it not on. Just has invictus games followed by film.hooper
Was hoping to see Ian Dury film but it apparers it's not on
Any reason for this change of film

Comments

• technologisttechnologist Posts: 13,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Many print magazines go to print before statutory release date ....

The BBC tries to get all its listing right at that date ...
    But in any case tonight has a lot between countdown to invictus and the hopper film

But in any doubt look at BBC PI http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/search?medium=tv&channel=&yearweek=201436&day=2
  • WutheringWuthering Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Printed TV schedules in magazines must surely be phased out soon? They are always full of out of date information and are becoming increasingly useless.

The only people I know who still rely on them are those like my dear old gran who enjoy magazines and are too stuck in their ways to adjust to an on screen episode guide.
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wuthering wrote: »
    Printed TV schedules in magazines must surely be phased out soon? They are always full of out of date information and are becoming increasingly useless.

The only people I know who still rely on them are those like my dear old gran who enjoy magazines and are too stuck in their ways to adjust to an on screen episode guide.

Times have Changed listing magazines aren't so essential, saying that I have various ways, of finding out what is on, but still buy the Radio Times because it is something I have always done.

With magazines being used less, made it easier surely for ITV and Channel 5 to have slotted in Joan Rivers programmes last couple of nights.

Years ago they would have been lambasted for ut
  • Marti SMarti S Posts: 5,788
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure the TV magazines are being used less, with most newspapers giving them away I should imagine lots are still using them, my 89 year old dad being one of them :)
  • tony-wtony-w Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    I use
    http://www.tvguide.co.uk/default.asp?thisday=&thisTime=
    Great website for TV listings, you can save a profile of you favourite channels etc so you do not have things like QVC or other channels you never watch.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    Marti S wrote: »
    I'm not sure the TV magazines are being used less, with most newspapers giving them away I should imagine lots are still using them, my 89 year old dad being one of them :)

The fact that newspapers are giving them away for free shows that the number of people bothering (or would bother) to buy a paid-for magazine would be less. And also, with no disrespect, your 89-year-old dad counts for an ever-decreasing minority that will die out.
  • simongvs70simongvs70 Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is all very well, but it deflects from the OP's original query and I have to say that I'm curious as well as to why the Ian Dury biopic was replaced.
  • GORTONIANGORTONIAN Posts: 8,673
    Forum Member
    simongvs70 wrote: »
    This is all very well, but it deflects from the OP's original query and I have to say that I'm curious as well as to why the Ian Dury biopic was replaced.

Yes so am I
    I missed it on its cinema release and was so looking forward to it
    Will Just have to keep an eye on epg 😄
  • simongvs70simongvs70 Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can only think that something in the film would have been a reminder of recent news events. We need someone who has not only already seen it, but knows it inside out & back to front.
  • RodneyRodney Posts: 4,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I for one buy my Radio Times every week. Wouldn't dream of looking up schedules online.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,699
    Forum Member
    Haven't regularly bought an RT (or any other paper listings mag) since before 2000. I have Tivo and Digiguide :)
  • GORTONIANGORTONIAN Posts: 8,673
    Forum Member
    I do buy Satelite and tv every week as the majority of my watching now is sky subscription based and it's well laid out for my needs
    Before that I religiously bought both Radio and tv times but these days find the listings in both cramped
    The radio section in the RT is more or less useless now as all the BBC local stations are lumped on a couple of pages and commercial station info is more or less non existent
    A sad shadow of its former self when it was one of the highest selling mags in the uk
    I would never NOT buy a mag as the sky epg does not give enough background info for me re programmes but fully understand why many no longer do
  • Robert WilliamsRobert Williams Posts: 2,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GORTONIAN wrote: »
    The radio section in the RT is more or less useless now as all the BBC local stations are lumped on a couple of pages and commercial station info is more or less non existent
    The BBC Local Radio listings are very poor these days, however they have never listed anything more than frequencies for commercial local radio stations. Even that is out-of-date and inaccurate, though, as they still list County Sound which changed to Eagle Extra in 2012, and they list Smooth as being on 1521kHz in Reigate/Crawley, which is most certainly is not, the 1521kHz service having closed nearly four years ago when it was Gold!
  • greengrangreengran Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that newspapers are giving them away for free shows that the number of people bothering (or would bother) to buy a paid-for magazine would be less. And also, with no disrespect, your 89-year-old dad counts for an ever-decreasing minority that will die out.

For free??? For nothing surely or just ' free'. Sorry, but this is one grammar mistake that really really annoys me.. I try to correct it whenever I can..
  • Gary_LandyFanGary_LandyFan Posts: 3,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    greengran wrote: »
    For free??? For nothing surely or just ' free'. Sorry, but this is one grammar mistake that really really annoys me.. I try to correct it whenever I can..
    I far people that nitpick far more annoying personally (damn you DS for removing the rolleyes smiley >:()

Being correct they should say 'at no extra cost' but 'free' is a commonly used term.
  • greengrangreengran Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I far people that nitpick far more annoying personally (damn you DS for removing the rolleyes smiley >:()

Being correct they should say 'at no extra cost' but 'free' is a commonly used term.

Yes, just it's free, not It's for free, that's what I'm saying.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    Some people should get out more.