Options

i know trailers are meant to make the episode look good but next weeks looks amazing

garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
Forum Member
Just stunned at that trailer
Doctor Who - Series 8 Finale - TV Trailer: http://youtu.be/zhq_iObnnPo

Comments

• Options
    Don't BlinkDon't Blink Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    Seconded.

Big wow!
  • Options
    OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was about to come on here and type those exact words. "Next week's looks amazing". I really can't wait!
  • Options
    bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No sign of k9. Must be trying to keep that bit a secret.
  • Options
    grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait for the next episode.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    It does look vary good, yes.
  • Options
    alexjones50alexjones50 Posts: 3,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    easily the best part of the episode tonight.
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Clara Oswald never existed".

She was a dalek:)
  • Options
    The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah but last week's made this week look good...you can't trust the trailers.
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice to have another reminder that "time can be rewritten" right? :p
  • Options
    garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    Yeah but last week's made this week look good...you can't trust the trailers.

No it didn't I even mentioned in last week forums how a trailer for this week's actually even made it look bad.
  • Options
    The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    garbage456 wrote: »
    No it didn't I even mentioned in last week forums how a trailer for this week's actually even made it look bad.

It was full of wolves and tigers, it looked great! Then we get one tiger and a couple minutes worth of wolves with fake wolf noises :(
  • Options
    Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    Can't wait, it looks like a S1/4 style finale.
  • Options
    JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    k9fan wrote: »

Professor Yana never existed either. People have mentioned the Rani in many a thread here, well, maybe she already came back? Yana didn't know he was the Master for decades.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Granny Oswald Sheila Reid is back!
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    I must say it does look like a big time film trailer
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    k9fan wrote: »

That seems like she is playing a logic puzzle with the Cyberman in order to confuse it.. Ex: Cyberman identifies Clara as a target Clara says she never existed so how can she be her cyberman :confused:
  • Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm expecting a bit of Moffaty shenanigans in the next couple of episodes, but overall it should be enjoyable. I'm more excited that this is the first two-part story since 2011. The cliffhanger better be bloody good to make up for the lack of two-part stories in recent years.
    :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moffat said we should expect an answer as to why the TARDIS seemed to be against her in S7. Certainly looking like there's a reason.
  • Options
    BlackTarantulaBlackTarantula Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    OK, maybe I'm way off, but am I the only one getting the impression that Clara and Missy swap bodies somehow? Very early in the trailer, there's a shot of Missy looking startled (whilst lying down?), perhaps waking up. This could be Clara waking up in Missy's body after some sort of body swap. Then there's Missy's calm 'you know who I am' - said in a way that I could imagine Clara delivering the line. Perhaps all this explains why Clara is acting so evil in the trailer. And it could be that they share some strange connection that allows Missy to inhabit Clara's body.
  • Options
    doctor blue boxdoctor blue box Posts: 7,338
    Forum Member
    The trailer mostly looks amazing and for the most part has a vibe reminiscent of the series 4 finale

but.....

Hearing the words 'time can be rewritten' rear their head in a Moffat script makes me think that this could easily be another Moffat timey wimey tangled mess where he plays with time to no real end apart from trying to look clever, makes everything complicated and leaves us with more questions or confusion than when we started, and it is for that reason that the one line has gone from making me look immensly forward to the finale to making me think it may well be as much of a mess as the 'impossible girl' storyline was, although obviously I hope to be proved wrong.

P.s as for the line 'Clara oswald never existed', on hearing that I could only think how great it could have been if that was true in the real world and the character Clara oswald had never existed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cannot wait for series 8 finale!

That railer was incredible....thus far no finale has matched the EPICness of Pandorica Opens/Big Bang...that as PERFECT, I loved Wedding and Name of the Doctor was excellent....but gosh...CYBERMEN, MISSY, UNIT and MOFF writing it looks set to be insane, epic, scary, twisty an fun! Cannot wait for this!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    Scorpio2 wrote: »
    Can't wait, it looks like a S1/4 style finale.

Come on, no way will it be that bad!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No sign of k9. Must be trying to keep that bit a secret.

You really want K-9 :p
  • Options
    Jules_ThornleyJules_Thornley Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    😵 seems a few plot theory debates on this forum may have been justified..
    Trailer looks like it's going to explain a lot. Looks amazing.
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The trailer mostly looks amazing and for the most part has a vibe reminiscent of the series 4 finale

but.....

Hearing the words 'time can be rewritten' rear their head in a Moffat script makes me think that this could easily be another Moffat timey wimey tangled mess where he plays with time to no real end apart from trying to look clever, makes everything complicated and leaves us with more questions or confusion than when we started, and it is for that reason that the one line has gone from making me look immensly forward to the finale to making me think it may well be as much of a mess as the 'impossible girl' storyline was, although obviously I hope to be proved wrong.

P.s as for the line 'Clara oswald never existed', on hearing that I could only think how great it could have been if that was true in the real world and the character Clara oswald had never existed.[/QUOTE]
    CD93 wrote: »
    You really want K-9 :p

:):):)