Options

Could Mark Wright win?

Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I never thought I'd say this, but if I were a betting person I'd put money on Mark winning. I'm sure it will be either him or Frankie, but it was always a given that Frankie would be good. Mark is what the show is all about, he's gone in there with very little dancing experience and he's grown week on week. He never fails to surprise me.

I'm so surprised by how much I've taken to him, because I thought I'd really dislike him and presumed he'd be an early casualty.

It would also be on in the eye to the odious Jordan's if Karen were to becoming a winning pro;-):D

Comments

• Options
    jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although I would be delighted if Mark won I think there is just too much competition this year and it could be any of them really (not Judy though!)
  • Options
    treetreetreetree Posts: 1,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He reminds be when Chris Hollins won never a real contender but had something about him and i hope Mark goes the same way - hes become my favourite
  • Options
    primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    enjoyed their dance tonight, he could be a contender for the final, but he isn't the best of the male dancers really, and i'd prefer to see simon there.
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. I dont think so. He is VERY divisive as a contestant. A lot of people STILL dislike him for whatever reasons (no matter how well he dances and is improving ) and others like him...with barely any middle ground.
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    primer wrote: »
    enjoyed their dance tonight, he could be a contender for the final, but he isn't the best of the male dancers really, and i'd prefer to see simon there.

I agree.
  • Options
    via_487via_487 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Either Mark or Simon for me.
    Which makes me wonder whether they are splitting a certain percentage of the vote, as I'm probably not the only person who likes them both.
    If so, it's not looking like a win for either of them. :(
  • Options
    yorkshirelass2yorkshirelass2 Posts: 2,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never thought I'd say this, but if I were a betting person I'd put money on Mark winning. I'm sure it will be either him or Frankie, but it was always a given that Frankie would be good. Mark is what the show is all about, he's gone in there with very little dancing experience and he's grown week on week. He never fails to surprise me.

I'm so surprised by how much I've taken to him, because I thought I'd really dislike him and presumed he'd be an early casualty.

It would also be on in the eye to the odious Jordan's if Karen were to becoming a winning pro;-):D

I absolutely agree with you. My feelings exactly ! Well done Mark.
  • Options
    Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not to win but I think he will have done himself an enormous amount of good. His enthusiasm is admirable-he really is living it.
  • Options
    sonic157sonic157 Posts: 982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Although he's my least favourite contestant, he could win. They are pushing the same storyline as they did with Abby Clancy and unfortunately people are going with it. Pixie, Frankie, Jake and Caroline are all much better dancers. Mark is in the same cluster as Sunetra and Steve - any of them could get there if they keep the public behind them.
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't really take to Simon, possibly because I've had the misfortune of encountering the band "Blue" in person and thought they were an arrogant bunch of tosspots. Maybe he's changed though?...
  • Options
    Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,252
    Forum Member
    I absolutely agree with you. My feelings exactly ! Well done Mark.

it is great that Mark is gradually becoming more popular every week.

He has been my favourite from week one, and he got my six votes this evening. :)
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's always one contestant other than the non-dancer who polarises opinion on here and this year it seems to be Mark. But I don't think the forum is necessarily reflective of the public vote as a whole, I suspect he's more popular than he is on here.

But I don't think he'll win - either Pixie or Frankie will. Mark may make the final, but I think only one of the male contestants will, and it's a three-way battle between Mark, Jake and Simon at the minute, especially as Simon's upped his game so much the past couple of weeks.
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    I can't really take to Simon, possibly because I've had the misfortune of encountering the band "Blue" in person and thought they were an arrogant bunch of tosspots. Maybe he's changed though?...

I had the same feelings about Mark and still do. I hope neither him or Simon win.
  • Options
    The FBIThe FBI Posts: 2,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cannot stand mark
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope not, that head is already over inflated.

"I need to bring back cheeky Mark"

- who says that?!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think he'll win.
  • Options
    daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's still in the comp so yes .. he could win of course. I don't think he will though.
  • Options
    Debz_LynnDebz_Lynn Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    Loving Mark's journey, and I've warmed to him (despite hating TOWIE and not being a Karen Hauer fan). Being an ITV celeb might hinder his vote in the end. He comes across as more genuine and likeable than Simon, so I think he'll outlast him & Kristina.
  • Options
    cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was not a Mark fan & when his dancing was average it wasn't a problem. I could say I didn't like his dancing, but it was something about him I just did not warm too.

My view has changed Because in the past 2-3 weeks he's been fantastic & he's getting better & better. I don't think he'll win unless he has gained a mass of support. Would love him to get to the final though;-)
  • Options
    JennteaJenntea Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    I hope so! He is improving so much week by week & he seems to be having an amazing time which is so infectious. It's hard not to enjoy his performances. I'd love for him to win and if not him either Simon or Jake.
  • Options
    Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    I don't know why but I expected Mark to be a hopeless dancer.

He really has surprised me.
  • Options
    zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member

I put a bet on him at the start so i hope you are right.:cool:
  • Options
    Winchester LadyWinchester Lady Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's certainly a strong contender.
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't mind if he did. For my money, he is the most improved performer. Pixie thinks she has a divine right to be there and she just irritates me for no real reason other than she does. I like Frankie (I really fancy Frankie :D ) but she has always been good as has Pixie. Simon performed well on the intro show and was always good but had a bum deal with a couple of dance offs. Mark is the one that has gone the whole nine yards as far as I can see. It has done him a load of good and shaken off the Towie nonsense image. I can't call it because everyone is a much of a muchness, or they will be when Judy finally goes.
  • Options
    Gullible PublicGullible Public Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If he can make it to the final, I suspect he has a very strong chance, even more so if it vs two ladies.