Options

Talk Talk junk

Every week I get a letter addressed to

A Super Value (that's not my name)
Ending with the postcode
CA11 2DAY (no such postcode, guess in Cambridge);)

I usually write "misdelivered send to Cambridge" on them and put them back in a postbox.

Today I chased after the postman and told him he had misdelivered. Of course he said "No, everyone gets one." I told him I didn't want it if not correctly addressed. Eventually he took it off me saying he would throw it away (is he allowed to throw away post?)

My point is this junk is a pain matched only by Virgin Media and Sky for junk post, but at least the other two address it correctly.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    Yes, it's junk mail, yes, it's annoying, but running after the postman to say it was 'misdelivered'!? Blimey, some people...

Just put it in the recycling bin.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    Any Ideas wrote: »
    Yes, it's junk mail, yes, it's annoying, but running after the postman to say it was 'misdelivered'!? Blimey, some people...

Just put it in the recycling bin.

Agreed. It is a little childish chasing after him. It is a bulk drop for the postman, he has to deliver it to every house on his round. Believe me he doesn't want to as he doesn't get any extra money for it.

If you don't want it write to Royal Mail and ask to be taken off the list then you won't get the bulk unadressed mail
  • Options
    michaelalanrmichaelalanr Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Those leaflets are delivered by Royal Mail and are in addition to the postal service. I.e. they get the delivery staff to put them through the door, when they put post through (or in my case sometimes I just get junk).

As the junk mail doesn't have a stamp on it (some say "Hand Delivered by Royal Mail") they aren't bound by the same delivery requirements as Post.

I agree running after the postman is a bit extreme, at the end of the day, they are doing their jobs. A simple Google search would have taken you to: http://www.royalmail.com/personal/help-and-support/how-do-I-stop-receiving-any-leaflets-or-unaddressed-promotional-material

Hope it helps

MichaelAlanR :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Those leaflets are delivered by Royal Mail and are in addition to the postal service. I.e. they get the delivery staff to put them through the door, when they put post through (or in my case sometimes I just get junk).

As the junk mail doesn't have a stamp on it (some say "Hand Delivered by Royal Mail") they aren't bound by the same delivery requirements as Post.

I agree running after the postman is a bit extreme, at the end of the day, they are doing their jobs. A simple Google search would have taken you to: http://www.royalmail.com/personal/help-and-support/how-do-I-stop-receiving-any-leaflets-or-unaddressed-promotional-material

Hope it helps

MichaelAlanR :)

Pretty sure that's what I said!
  • Options
    noise747noise747 Posts: 30,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh for goodness sake. I can't believe anyone run after a postman, for what is junk mail and you can tell it is junk mail. Ok, most people would be able to tell.

Every week? I get one about once every couple of months and it goes into the bin.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Winston_1 wrote: »
    That looks all very well. Does this mean the postman will carry a list of all addresses not wanting this junk? I have never seen him carrying such a list.

Why would you see him carrying a list? If you tell Royal Mail you don't want it a note is kept on his frame where he preps the mail. It only stops unaddressed mail, you will still get 'junk' addressed mail.
  • Options
    neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I signed of some 'no junk list' (can't remember what its called) and have little or no junk mail, pretty much nada junk mail.
  • Options
    richardcdonrichardcdon Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chris4817 wrote: »
    Agreed. It is a little childish chasing after him. It is a bulk drop for the postman, he has to deliver it to every house on his round. Believe me he doesn't want to as he doesn't get any extra money for it.

If you don't want it write to Royal Mail and ask to be taken off the list then you won't get the bulk unadressed mail

when i worked for them in 2007 i got paid extra for them
  • Options
    Forum Member
    when i worked for them in 2007 i got paid extra for them

Gone I'm afraid. Postal workers were bought out of it. Now have to deliver up to 5 a week!
  • Options
    richardcdonrichardcdon Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chris4817 wrote: »
    Gone I'm afraid. Postal workers were bought out of it. Now have to deliver up to 5 a week!

ah well at least they dont have them sky magazines anymore that used to kill me im sure every one on my round had sky:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Even if it is addressed to CA112DAY? I hope not.

The postcode is obviously made up by the company but it is still bulk drop mail. If it doesn't have your name on it it's not personally addressed mail
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even if it is addressed to CA112DAY? I hope not.

Call today, that is what the post code suppose to be. surly you can work out that this postal address is made up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, here you go, I got one of these today