✭✭
    NancyS wrote: »
    Very confident with my music choices.

Nice! Good luck! :)
  • Options
    Gwen 404Gwen 404 Posts: 3,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i went all the way out of my usual genre since it payed off last time, but no idea how it will do...now to dive into my bad country :p
  • Options
    dylanpartyondylanpartyon Posts: 11,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Our first songs of the contest. As I'll be helping a friend move over the next few days I'm not really gonna have time to make them fancy with info and stuff. But the song is all you really need.
    Song #1 - ENGLAND
    Lover - Sons & Lovers

Song #2 - CYPRUS
    The Queen - Ivi Adamou

Song #3 - SWITZERLAND
    Round Round Song - Adrian Sieber

Song #4 - AZERBAIJAN
    Hedef - Letife Soyuöz

Song #5 - GEORGIA
    Always Broken - Tamta ft. Xenia Ghali
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that is a fantastic find for azerbaijan. i also really like england.
  • Options
    EuanDesuEuanDesu Posts: 2,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    England
    I think this will be the end of England qualifying. Dry. I mean, it's catchy, but that's all.

Cyprus
    Ivy cannot do much wrong in my eyes. Good song. However, not great.

Switzerland
    Going round round round.... perhaps it will be a grower. So-So at the moment.

Azerbaijan
    Azerbaijan is hard... I have something planned for them myself, and this isn't bad. Quite nice, as a matter of fact.

Georgia
    Who found this?! I really like it... a pearl for Georgia. The beat in the background is kind of grating however her voice makes up for that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Georgia
    Who found this?! I really like it... a pearl for Georgia. The beat in the background is kind of grating however her voice makes up for that.[/CENTER]

its not georgian its greek. tamta is georgian by birth. i sent her in first, shes had a loooong string of unsuccesful attempts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gwen 404 wrote: »
    its not georgian its greek. tamta is georgian by birth. i sent her in first, shes had a loooong string of unsuccesful attempts.

So I see :(

All the entries I like flop or do really well. Hope this does really well.

By the way I updated the Reading Wikia page with 1 song just to see if I could do it right. XD Hope it's okay.
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really liking Switzerland and Azerbaijan so far.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hunting for my second song and suddenly I see Ya Ta Olvidé on the side bar XD
  • Options
    nick1990nick1990 Posts: 4,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Feel like these are the worst countries I have had in a while! Just so...restrictive!
  • Options
    BethnalGreenBethnalGreen Posts: 12,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In a strange way I quite like Cyprus - the caveat being there are many more songs to come? Which brings me to another question in recaps? Does anyone else want them to do them this time around? I can do them but they will be just done in moviemaker etc... I have bought some new movie editing software which I am trying to learn how to use. My plan is that I can do some variations on a flag intro etc for each country and if others want them I can share them on file upload site as an mp4 and others can share my new software that way?
  • Options
    PooleyPooley Posts: 5,062
    Forum Member
    Really happy with my 2 countries - let's bring the contest somewhere new I think
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Second, and last for tonight, batch of songs. Keep your songs coming :D:D
    Song #6 - MALTA
    Hymns of June - Airport Impressions

Song #7 - LATVIA
    While We Are Young - MUSIQQ

Song #8 - SLOVAKIA
    Be My Lover - Andrea Bučko

Song #9 - ISLE OF MAN
    And They Say - Cara Braia

Song #10 - SPAIN
    Glow - Anael
  • Options
    BethnalGreenBethnalGreen Posts: 12,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nick1990 wrote: »
    Feel like these are the worst countries I have had in a while! Just so...restrictive!

lol - I feel your pain to a degree, but I feel better with the harder countries and usual; end up having a blip with the 'good' countries?
  • Options
    TerryPTerryP Posts: 11,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    England – Their seems to be quite a lot of this indie type stuff around nowadays, it’s not my favourite genre and the verses are not really doing anything for me. The chorus is better and gives this song a bit of bite and makes it a bit different, whether that’s enough to get points from me in the contest it remains to be seen.

Cyprus – I La La Loved, La La Love, but for me this isn’t really in the same league. The start sounds a bit too auto-tuned for me and although I got more into it as it went on it sounded a little bit dated to my ears. That being said it’s catchy so that should make it stand out a little bit, but I definitely think this will suffer from being compared to its artists Eurovision entry.

Switzerland – I found the video to this to be very distracted and if I am honest, I am not sure whether I find the song either catchy or annoying, quite possibly both. He has a nice voice that’s for sure but I think the overly repetitiveness of the song may grate on me on repeated listens.

Azerbaijan – It’s a good old fashioned ethnic ballad, but with some rock twinges to make it a bit different, I have to say I do like the rocky chorus to this song, but the verses do suffer from what the majority of this type of song does and that is they just plod along and don’t really do anything to stand out, a song of two halves really for me.

Georgia – This starts rather promising and on the whole keeps it going throughout the whole song, the club beat in the chorus is a little bit overpowering for my liking but it works for the song. A very pleasant surprise from Georgia considering they usually find themselves towards the bottom of the scoreboard most contests.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Malta
    Sounds like Firelight a little. Not doing a lot for me, even if I don't really dislike it.

Latvia
    Latvia is the last Baltic country I need to complete the trio. Looking at this song, I don't know if I want to have them. Sadly it's just too clubby for me, whilst I prefer a power ballad and the likes..

Slovakia
    I couldn't ever dream of finding something this good for Slovakia! I like her voice and the music in the background. One of my favourites so far, actually.

Isle of Man
    Someone had the whole of Wales to pick from and they picked this.... :confused::confused: Seems like a wasted opportunity to me! Very dull, boring song. Worst so far, which is funny, since we had the best before it.

Spain
    I'm glad I don't have Spain/Andorra again. I admit, after Yuridia and Gloria I was stuck as to what to do. I'd like to have found this very good song, however! My kind of thing. It's up the top with Slovakia at the moment. Wonder how that'll change as we get more songs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EuanDesu's Top 12 DSFE Songs.
    10. Adelén - Olé - phil363 - 17th in SF - Spain - Sofia
    Everybody welcome Spain to the stage all the way from... Norway? In all seriousness, I loved this song after a few listens. Sure, it sounds like cheap club music, yet that's the charm of it. Like By My Side, Olé makes me feel like summer is already here, and quite frankly, this should have been the official World Cup 2014 song. Very shocked when I saw it came 17th in the Semi Final!
  • Options
    TerryPTerryP Posts: 11,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Malta – A very nice piece of easy listening guitar pop/rock here, very easy to hum and tap your foot along too, although it’s a bit late as we are going to be in July soon.

Latvia – Unlike Ivi I couldn’t stand this pairs Eurovision entry and this really isn’t much better, what on earth was that start all about and I just find the way he sings incredibly annoying and let’s not get started on the rapping.

Slovenia – Is she our allocated quirky female for this contest, she must be if she thinks that thing on her head is a good idea. As for the song, it will shock no-one that I think it’s awful. It’s basically just her talking her way through it with some incredibly intrusive club beat thumping in the background.

Isle of Man – I like how the title states this is the official video, despite it being obvious no more than a couple of quid has been spent on it. At the start of the song I thought it was quite nice, but let down but the vocal, it sounded a bit whiny to me, but by the end I was starting to get bored with it as it just never went anywhere.

Spain – I loved her song which failed to make the Spanish pre-selection a good few years back and which was also entered here a few contests ago, but I have to say, I think I prefer this ever so slightly. Like that song, this has all the ingredients a good Eurovision song should have, including a nicely placed key change and I also really like the fiddle section to the song.
  • Options
    Yugimuto1Yugimuto1 Posts: 5,047
    Forum Member
    When's the deadline for sending songs in?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    Azerbaijan and Spain were on my list of possible entries here, in fact when I asked for Azerbaijan it was thinking of this. Right choices, imo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been a bit busy this morning, but have time now for some more reveals. And deadline is Sunday!!!
    Song #11 - IRELAND
    All Works Out - The Riptide Movement

Song #12 - NORTHERN IRELAND
    Mama's Broken Heart - Miranda Lambert

Song #13 - SWEDEN
    Carry You Home - Zara Larsson

Song #14 - FAROE ISLANDS
    Someone You Love - Tina Dico

Song #15 - MOROCCO
    Tout le Temps - Elisa Tovati & Brice Conrad
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Northern Ireland is brilliant. My favourite so far.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Second set of songs today, I will do a few more batches later on tonight.
    Song #16 - GERMANY
    Avalanche - Jana Josephina

Song #17 - ALBANIA
    Tatuash Në Zëmer - Besa Kokëdhima

Song #18 - FINLAND
    Läpinäkyvä - Janna

Song #19 - ROMANIA
    Dor Sa-ti Fie Dor - Sore

Song #20 - ARMENIA
    Not Enough - Maria Cozette
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tamta is back :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EuanDesu's Top 12 DSFE Songs.
    9. Jacqueline - Catch Me If You Can - NancyS - 12th in QF - Portugal - Sofia
    It seems everybody hates Portugal in this contest. Time after time they send good songs, I'm talking to you Manos al Aire and Catch Me If You Can, yet they barely ever qualify out of the quarters! Having stared as my favourite tribute in The Hunger Games (Foxface), I was shocked when I found out a year or two ago that Jacqueline Emerson had such a good voice! She came so close to qualifying but missed out by 1 point. Well done to Nancy for finding two very good songs.