The Warm and Tranquil Room! (Part 4)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes, reminds me of Tunisia. Shame, as it just puts you off and you spend less. Yes, am pleased there is no ramadam etc at this time as twice in east Africa it was ramadam - i arrived at Stone town on Eid - all the shops were shut!

Almost done on re-writes, so making cake for work tomorrow. Then will re-read some pages ready to print tomorrow - for my dad to read! Feeling happier, glad its been horrid weather as i wanted to go to the garden centre! Oh well, there are more weekends coming up for that, i can't wait. I wish the shops were open on Sunday, but I understand why they aren't. It just bugs me that work make us open this Sunday. (We don't open on xmas day)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that was an interesting day! I got to New Beckenham20 mins before 1pm only to find that there was no one there.
    Phoned Jane's mobile, no answer.
    Phone their home and got Janes mum who was child minding. She couldnt help really jusrt said to keep trying the mobile.
    Rang mobile again and it was answered by Michael ( one of the teachers) He offered to come and get me as I was definately at the wrong venue.

John had to apologise for that, and having me wait outside in the rain.

Lesson was good and went well

John gave me a lift back to station to make up for his earlier mistake. Then he pulls up outside station on a steepish slope. I couldnt get the door to open as it is a huge door and very heavy, having to push it upwards against the gravity. Then I couldnt get out onto the slope and kept slipping back into the car.
    At least John found it hilarious.

We have decided that although the train strike is off I will still have my next lesson on Sunday to give me more time to recover. He isnt 100% convinced I will be doing lesson even then. We will see, I dont give in easily.
  • Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    elizabethjo I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone and that any time you want to talk I'm here for you -I was diagnosed with breast cancer last october and underwent a lumpectomy and 2 wide excision operations before finally having a mastectomy in January ,I was also told that mine was grade three which means the highest risk of it returning ,but it's not all doom and gloom just keep positive and take everthing stage by stage. unfortunately my sister was also diagnosed with breast cancer at the same time as me which was a huge shock but we are both staying positive and fighting this together.

Just wanted to say I hope everything turns out okay for you and your sister waltzingmatilda.

Grey and overcast here today, at least it's not raining yet. Still struggling with work - can't get enthused about it somehow.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    Thank you Force Ten for your message and also tvaddict37 your hugs were just what I needed - at a time like this you discover who your real friends are & just how many of them there are out there supporting you and it is greatly appreciated & I'm so pleased to have found some of my old chums here in the warm & Tranquil room -hands up those who are still addicted to Anton ,coz I know I am !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WM thank you for your support and I do hope you are going on ok, and your sister.

This is my second time around really as i had Non Hodgkins Lymphoma a few years ago. I survived that with a few touch and go moments along the way. I thought I was out of the wood but obviously not.

Dancing has been my way of coping and of keeping fit. The previous NHL left me with osteoporosis and I have tried to put on a bit of flesh to help the old bones but not too much, kind of a balancing act.

I will be glad when Tuesday has come and gone.

My dance lesson has been moved to Sunday to give me time to bounce back but I am determined to do the lesson if at all possible even if it is only learning the new steps for the Gold Bar exam and not any actual dancing.

It is amazing how many people this wretched disease gets to. There have been lots of people on here who have made contact over the last few weeks.

Just been to the park with Flossy and forgot my mobile phone.If I had had it I would have taken photos of the lowlife guy and his son who were stealing daffoldils. I assumed it was his son who was getting a demonstration of how to be a thief. Next thing they will be up at the cfrematorium stealing the floral tributes. it does happen. Nothing surprises me any more. Pity I didnt have the phone as I could have sent the pics to the local paper.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lJust been to the park with Flossy and forgot my mobile phone.If I had had it I would have taken photos of the lowlife guy and his son who were stealing daffoldils. I assumed it was his son who was getting a demonstration of how to be a thief. Next thing they will be up at the cfrematorium stealing the floral tributes. it does happen. Nothing surprises me any more. Pity I didnt have the phone as I could have sent the pics to the local paper.

EJ I don't mean to be rude and I don't condone steeling but to call someone a low life and say that they'll soon be moving on to steeling floral tributes is a bit harsh, it could be that is the only way he can afford to give his mum flowers for easter it's not great but that is life these days.

Years a go I picked daffodils on the canal bank my grandad was with me (he wasn't totally impressed) does that make me a lowlife?

How's everyone else doing today?

This wedding planning lark is hard work

Bunny says hi
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you Force Ten for your message and also tvaddict37 your hugs were just what I needed - at a time like this you discover who your real friends are & just how many of them there are out there supporting you and it is greatly appreciated & I'm so pleased to have found some of my old chums here in the warm & Tranquil room -hands up those who are still addicted to Anton ,coz I know I am !

hi, yes, i still love Anton, although i think last years personality transplant and foot in mouth comments have damaged his tv career - he wasn't on lets dance for sport relief at all. I enjoyed his stage show - i wish he'd go back to teaching dance. I will have to settle for Erin's classes - planning to return soon now my course is almost done. Dad should be proof reading as I type!!

then more Easter eggs....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hiua6c wrote: »
    EJ I don't mean to be rude and I don't condone steeling but to call someone a low life and say that they'll soon be moving on to steeling floral tributes is a bit harsh, it could be that is the only way he can afford to give his mum flowers for easter it's not great but that is life these days.

Years a go I picked daffodils on the canal bank my grandad was with me (he wasn't totally impressed) does that make me a lowlife?

How's everyone else doing today?

This wedding planning lark is hard work

Bunny says hi

I stand by what I said. This was a man with his son, two expensive bicycles to get away on. The father was the one leading the raid it appeared. They were not on the canal bank where daffs grow wild, this was a public park, the beds of flowers are carefully planted and arranged to be there for everyone. If everyone did that there would be no nice landscaped areas in our parks to enjoy.

Sorry if that doesnt please you but it is plain theft. I am sure you wouldnt encourage anyone to go into a public park and steal flowers from the beds? They hadnt noticed me as they had their backs turned and were busy with their task. The man took the flowers and jumped on his bike the son was slower getting his bike off the grass so I caught up with him and pointed out to him that he was a thief.

I dont make any apologies for that, my council tax goes to pay towards the parks upkeep and the gardeners do a great job keeping it looking nice, it is for all of us not just someone who feels like helping himself to public property.

I know that people do steal from the crematorium as well, I suppose you could find an excuse for that as well.
    Forum Member
    Happy Easter everyone and let's try to be Warm & Tranquil.:)

Expecting a friend for lunch and I have bought an Easter Egg for him - I hope he doesn't bring one for me as I am finally seeing some weight coming off again and chocolate is my downfall.

Bit overcast here but the sun is trying to break through. Have to go and feed friends' cat soon or she'll think she's been abandoned!

Have a good day everyone and don't eat too much chocolate!

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY Star. What is it - 24 today????:D:D I know there was a 4 in it somewhere lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to stir up the waters FT but I will not change my opinion. If you cant afford something you do without it, though I suspect it wasnt the cost but the chance to get it for free. I was so annoyed that I didnt have my phone pictures in the paper would have meant someone would know who they were. Lowlifes, yes indeed.

Hope everyone has a good Easter.

Happy Birthday Star, hope you are doing something really great today.

Oh is watching the Grand Prix, at least I think he is, he could have nodded off. Just bumped his chair, and yes he was asleep.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goodness its a bit heated in here lol. Thanks for Birthday wishes am having a lovely day so far. Saw the new DR who and am totally smitten. My dad is coming to pick me up soon to go and see him and mum and then Im off to OH's to see him and his family. Try and play nicely while Im away.

EJ I agree with you stealing public flowers is wrong and rude and shouldnt be taught to kids by someone who should know better.

Right am off before fights break out again. Have a very Happy Easter everyone !!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FT (and enyone else)
    I can always help out with chocolate!!!

I have finished the re-writes, dad found very few mistakes, so I just need to print in colour at work tomorrow - lucky I am working anyway. Also need to photocopy a few signed pages so I have a copy of everything

Yippee!!!

Can finish watching episodes of Lets dance for sport relief and dancing on wheels, and over the rainbow. (Oh so sad), but have also lined up some dance classes, will see Erin next week and have a 4 week QS course in June.

Mowed the lawn this pm, swept the deck, and put some moss killer down - half my lawn is in fact moss!!!

I just need some nice days so i can paint the fence, then get stuff growing up it.
    Any other gardeners out there?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I stand by what I said. This was a man with his son, two expensive bicycles to get away on. The father was the one leading the raid it appeared. They were not on the canal bank where daffs grow wild, this was a public park, the beds of flowers are carefully planted and arranged to be there for everyone. If everyone did that there would be no nice landscaped areas in our parks to enjoy.

Sorry if that doesnt please you but it is plain theft. I am sure you wouldnt encourage anyone to go into a public park and steal flowers from the beds? They hadnt noticed me as they had their backs turned and were busy with their task. The man took the flowers and jumped on his bike the son was slower getting his bike off the grass so I caught up with him and pointed out to him that he was a thief.

I dont make any apologies for that, my council tax goes to pay towards the parks upkeep and the gardeners do a great job keeping it looking nice, it is for all of us not just someone who feels like helping himself to public property.

I know that people do steal from the crematorium as well, I suppose you could find an excuse for that as well.

I could make an excuse for that as well!?! I really hope that by 'you' you mean people in general and not me because I would really hope you knew me better than that by now

I was only pointing out based on the facts in your first post that there could have been mitigating circumstances.

With that I'll go - I think I'll jeep clear for now

Happy birthday Star sorry it's at the end of this post
    Forum Member
    tvaddict37 wrote: »
    FT (and enyone else)
    I can always help out with chocolate!!!

I have finished the re-writes, dad found very few mistakes, so I just need to print in colour at work tomorrow - lucky I am working anyway. Also need to photocopy a few signed pages so I have a copy of everything

Yippee!!!

Can finish watching episodes of Lets dance for sport relief and dancing on wheels, and over the rainbow. (Oh so sad), but have also lined up some dance classes, will see Erin next week and have a 4 week QS course in June.

Mowed the lawn this pm, swept the deck, and put some moss killer down - half my lawn is in fact moss!!!

I just need some nice days so i can paint the fence, then get stuff growing up it.
    Any other gardeners out there?

Yes me, but I haven't been able to do any this Easter due to weather, work and visitors! I really need to get down to it as the weeds are beginning to show their heads.:( I'm glad you reminded me, my fences all need doing this year.

Sorry, but I only got one very very small Easter egg so I plan to eat that myself. I'll bear it in mind for future reference though.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can we get back to normal please this is supposed to be a nice calm place. Dont go Hiu come back at tell us about Bunny is he still getting his carrots from waitrose?

At mum and dads yesterday they had got me two chocolate birthday cakes and mum told me the cat was eyeing up one of them didnt know he liked chocolate lol.

I got two eggs and two chocolate bars yum!!

Must go please be nice to each other people.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Star glad you had a good chocolatey birthday.

The weather is windy but partly sunny here today. Just been out with Flossy, lots of people about today in the park.

OH found his car keys, dont remember if I said he had lost them again, but after losing them on Friday he finally found them today. Well to be truthful I found them when I went to put my walking boots on, one boot came equipped with a bunch of keys in it.:eek: He must have knocked them off the hall table and they had landed in my boot.

Not sure I can trust him on his own really, at least it should only be for one day.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi EJ,

Cant you get him one of those key rings that make a noise so you can find where it is? Maybe your son could come in and look after him? Doesnt one of them live nearby?
    Hope it all goes ok, thinking of you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont know if OH is really up to this Star.

He has to keep the phone with him, even if he is in the shed, so that the hospital can get hold of him. while he takes Flossy out he has to take the mobile with him. Hope he doesnt leave the phone in the shed or lose the mobile. Chances of that going without a hitch is questionable.

My son will be back at work tomorrow, DiL will be at home and has offerred her services in an emergency.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its finished!!!! My course work!!! I can't believe it. I will take it into the university tomorrow - and will be out celebrating afterwards!

thanks for all the kind words from everyone over the past 6 months.

I am so looking forward to doing other stuff. I bought 3 sacks of manure for the garden and some seeds and seed potatoes. I have painted one fence panel - dehind the grape vine as it wants to start growing! I need to try and do some every day and hopefully it will get done!

Byeee
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes Star Bunny still has Waitrose carrots he had a big one for Easter
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im back and very sore. The air bed I sleep on at OH's we think has a slow puncture or perhaps a fast one. It deflated last night fairly rapidly so was mainly sleeping on the floor in the end. OH is going to get a new sofa bed soon so that will be good. I had a lovely time, his mum had made me a chocolate birthday cake and they all sang happy birthday to me. OH's nephew and his little girl had got me a dvd about 1970 which was v interesting but obviously Im not old enough to remember it lol. OH gave me a new mobile so all I need to do now is work out how to use it. His sister and brother in law gave me a jewellery box which I am looking forward to filling and his mum gave me a new bag.

EJ I think you will need to attach the mobile to OH with something perhaps a version of an extendable dog lead lol. If DIL can help out thats prob a good idea.

Hiu hope he didnt get that carrot all at once sounds like it could last him for days lol.

TVA well done, sounds like you are going to be busy in the garden with all those seeds and manure.

Must go have to go to the bank (my exciting life lol):D
    Forum Member
    tvaddict37 wrote: »
    its finished!!!! My course work!!! I can't believe it. I will take it into the university tomorrow - and will be out celebrating afterwards!

thanks for all the kind words from everyone over the past 6 months.

I am so looking forward to doing other stuff. I bought 3 sacks of manure for the garden and some seeds and seed potatoes. I have painted one fence panel - dehind the grape vine as it wants to start growing! I need to try and do some every day and hopefully it will get done!

Byeee

Congratulations TVA. I hope all your hard work pays off. Is there anything else to do once you've handed it in to the University?

Got a friend round today doing some weeding because I've got too much work to do at the moment to get out and do it myself! At least my front garden looks respectable now. Must start working on the back garden though as I want to plant loads of veg this year.

Hiua doeesn't Bunny like chocolate? Is it only carrots?

Star sorry you're sore. You'll have to nag your OH to get that sofabed sooner rather than later lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ft it's just carrots and bunny biscuits
    Forum Member
    Is that biscuits shaped like bunnies or special biscuits for bunnies? Do their teeth keep growing? Do they have to keep gnawing things to keep their teeth down? Shows how much I know about rabbits lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a quick pop in to say I am alive and well. I am home.

They took a lot of breast tissue as well as the lump so I now dont have a matching pair;)

Will post more details of my day later.