• Options
    StigofthedumpStigofthedump Posts: 3,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Massive CBB contestant
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,122
    Forum Member
    agree, i don't think he was ever a MASSIVE hollywood star. and the biggest arsehole is james.
  • Options
    Janette800Janette800 Posts: 13,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gary Busey.......Oscar nominated Hollywood Legend

GARY FOR THE WIN.......HONK HONK
  • Options
    ValerianValerian Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janette800 wrote: »

I crack up when he does that honk :D
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His CV is not that impressive
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    Exaggerations on both counts imo

He IS a Hollywood legend. You know how many people know his name if not his face? Lots. There are tons of parodies of him. He is a legend because of how well known he is and the fact he's known worldwide. Say the words "Gary Busey" to someone and 50% if not more of the people will know exactly who you're talking about.
    Valerian wrote: »

I want it as my message tone :D
  • Options
    ValerianValerian Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He IS a Hollywood legend. You know how many people know his name if not his face? Lots. There are tons of parodies of him. He is a legend because of how well known he is and the fact he's known worldwide. Say the words "Gary Busey" to someone and 50% if not more of the people will know exactly who you're talking about.

I want it as my message tone :D

I was thinking of that too :D
  • Options
    dialecticdialectic Posts: 6,949
    Forum Member
    I'd say he is more known for his antics in interviews or his behaviour in reality shows, at this stage.
  • Options
    GeorgeMarshGeorgeMarsh Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »

It's alot more impressive then any of the others.
  • Options
    flower 2flower 2 Posts: 13,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It is better than mine.....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janette800 wrote: »

Gary- Massive hollywood star

James- Massive arsehole

Gary is a hollywood legend, how many people would have loved to do what he did, even if in supporting roles

A lot of people make comments along the lines of if he didnt have the main roles, it means hes not a big star

Bulls*it
  • Options
    Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    Seems a bit harsh.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    I was thinking of that too :D

LOL great minds think alike ;-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    He sure isn't the former but is one hell of the later.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Are you serious?
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    Are you serious?

DD68 is daniel day lewis's username
  • Options
    sqvsqv Posts: 185
    Forum Member

LOL.... Seriously...... musician, actor, artist !!!!
  • Options
    jeanettexjeanettex Posts: 1,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

it better than all the rest of the HMS >:(>:(
  • Options
    Phil O'SopherPhil O'Sopher Posts: 1,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ... and one gigantic pain in the proverbial, who imagines he's had 42 reincarnations. ;):)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 465
    Forum Member
    to me he is famous, I love the films he ahs been in

I must admit I would rather come out of the BB experience having met and listened to his stories, than sided with Dee over his annoying habits. in all honesty, I would probably be running around for him and being a creep getting his food and coffees etc, LOL- I would rather come out saying I lived with Gary Busey for a few weeks having sopped up some of his fascinating stories- has he written an autobiography? than realising I have sided against him, lost that experience in favour of siding with a person like Dee!

but then, it seems different these days - no body shows respect, as they deem themselves as more important as anyone else, everyone demands that people earn their respect - yet the words "are you dissing me" seem to be bandied around for the slightest thing from others, they are so pumped up with an air of self importance, and no humility.

My kids- in their mid/late 20s and younger haven't ever heard of anyone I know, they haven't a clue who this Elvis, Frank Sinatra, They havent a clue who any of the older actors are who I count as legends etc etc.
    the only people they have to look to is reality, x factor people - shame really.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    He's no Marlon Brando - but he's probably a better actor than I've given him credit for. The few films of his that I've seen haven't been ones I really enjoy so he hasn't really registered with me.

Loads of Hollywood legends had the reputation for being arseholes or a bit do lally in the past. I don't think legendary status protects you from that possibility.

However, Gary is crowded out with spirit guides and angels guiding and protecting him apparently.
  • Options
    KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    Gary is someone who COULD have been a massive Hollywood star if he hadn't completely derailed his own career. Most people would have gone from the Oscar nom for The Buddy Holly Story to other high profile films, But even before he hurt himself on that motorcycle, he just didn't manage to land any great roles after Holly.

Then Busey, started partying and driving recklessly, got in his serious accident, had enforced time off, and came back barely functioning to lesser and lesser supporting, and then later cameo roles (with his substance abuse getting worse and worse).

Busey's career has been all about wasted potential.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 465
    Forum Member
    he is far form alone in that, so many go off the rails - he was lucky to survie the accident-
    many Hollywood names have ended their lives in reckless behaviour young, when you thought they were living the dream

I have enjoyed the films gary has been in,
  • Options
    pope_tartpope_tart Posts: 3,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gary is an actor who has been in a few popular films. If he was a British actor with a similar CV he might be considered to be a reasonable actor but not a legend.....people just hear the word Hollywood in front of the word actor and go OOOOOOHHH!...all a bit sad really.

Don't think he's a massive arsehole, apart from his terrible hygiene issues and that american spiritual bollox he spouts, he seems a nice enough person.
  • Options
    mrsdidimrsdidi Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Your very easily impressed then:)