Options

Sky+HD box switching itself off

Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
Forum Member
✭✭
I have recently got a Sky+HD box.
When I go to bed, my Sky+HD box is left switched on, but when I get up, it has switched itself off and I have also lost my internet connection.
I get a screen on my laptop which says "Oops " Your connection has dropped"
After about 45 minutes (:o), my internet comes back on.
How do I stop this from happening ?

Comments

• Options
    NsewellNsewell Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Go to: "Services > Options > Sky+ Setup > Standby Mode" and change it to None. That'll stop the box going into standby automatically, but your internet shouldn't be dropping out just because it has.
  • Options
    BOOTHY2905BOOTHY2905 Posts: 1,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Set top box won't dictate what happens to your internet connection.
    When you say your internet is off is it, A.\ the Wifi has gone off?
    B.\ The internet light has gone off on the Hub?
    If the broadband has gone off then maybe a fault on the line. If it's the wifi stopping check settings on Laptop or make sure the Wifi light is illuminated on the hub still

Wifi and broadband are completely different things so is important to know whats what.
    You haven't plugged the phone lead from your old sky box into the Ethernet port on your new HD+ box have you? This knocks phone and Broadband off sometimes. un-plug this if so.
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BOOTHY2905 wrote: »
    The Set top box won't dictate what happens to your internet connection.
    When you say your internet is off is it, A.\ the Wifi has gone off?
    B.\ The internet light has gone off on the Hub?
    If the broadband has gone off then maybe a fault on the line. If it's the wifi stopping check settings on Laptop or make sure the Wifi light is illuminated on the hub still

Wifi and broadband are completely different things so is important to know whats what.
    You haven't plugged the phone lead from your old sky box into the Ethernet port on your new HD+ box have you? This knocks phone and Broadband off sometimes. un-plug this if so.

The Internet light on my Hub (Router) was ORANGE, not Blue and I had no Internet connection for about 45 minutes.
    When I first connected my Sky+HD box up(on Saturday night) , I did connect the phone lead into the Ethernet port, then we discovered that the phone was dead. I unplugged the phone lead and the phone worked !
  • Options
    BOOTHY2905BOOTHY2905 Posts: 1,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Internet light on my Hub (Router) was ORANGE, not Blue and I had no Internet connection for about 45 minutes.
    When I first connected my Sky+HD box up(on Saturday night) , I did connect the phone lead into the Ethernet port, then we discovered that the phone was dead. I unplugged the phone lead and the phone worked !

Sounds like you have BT HUB? Check service status of your line or ring provider to check status and trouble shoot any issues.
    Thought so on the Phone lead. Loads of people do the same and it knocks phone line off. Ya not the first and certainly wont be the last.