Have you ever been banned/suspended from XBL ?

2»

Comments

• kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope but I am still banned from the official Xbox website cause i called a mod a rude name :p

The guy was only a mod for like a week cause he was apparently useless and my ban was never over turned but sure I can post again come 2159 :p lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    I bought my console from Cash Generators and found it was already banned, and while I was trying to get to the bottom of why that had happened, some of the threads I saw on the Microsoft Forum about banning were quite funny.

Almost all of them, to a tee, had the words "for absolutely no reason" in them :)

:D I have seent that as well. The funniest articles are the one's from parents that say 'My son has had his xbox live account banned for no apparant reason and we have just bought xbox live for him' - the reply from the mod often reads... "this ban was for using cheats or programmes etc" - cue the kid getting an earful from his parents, lol.

What annoys me more than these petty bans for funny gamertags, is the people who are blatantly cheating and NOT getting banned. I like to play old games like older COD games and I'm getting sick of the same people having god mode or other cheats. I report them but there they are again a few months later still online, or with a slightly different gamertag. Surely Microsoft should ban the account and the console permanently for cheating or using other programmes?
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    geo_bay wrote: »
    :D I have seent that as well. The funniest articles are the one's from parents that say 'My son has had his xbox live account banned for no apparant reason and we have just bought xbox live for him' - the reply from the mod often reads... "this ban was for using cheats or programmes etc" - cue the kid getting an earful from his parents, lol.

What annoys me more than these petty bans for funny gamertags, is the people who are blatantly cheating and NOT getting banned. I like to play old games like older COD games and I'm getting sick of the same people having god mode or other cheats. I report them but there they are again a few months later still online, or with a slightly different gamertag. Surely Microsoft should ban the account and the console permanently for cheating or using other programmes?

I can understand the notion behind encouraging people to only buy new consoles as it guarantees them revenue, but I do think permanent, non negotiable bans until the end of time are way too harsh.

From my perspective, I have no interest in XBL anyway, so owning a banned console really doesn't bother me, but why can't Microsoft offer a paid solution to unbanning people if you can prove you brought the console second hand, as I did ? Why should people be banned for the sins of others ?

They might, over time, bring in more revenue than they would if the person went out and bought another console brand new.
  • LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish the kid I was playing with got banned