The Catch on Sky Living - Starts Thursday 26th May at 10pm

anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
Another new drama from the US hit machine Shondaland replacing Scandal which finished last week. This stylish caper sees private eye Alice Vaughan, played by Mireille Enos from The Killing on the hunt for her con man ex fiancee, played by Peter Krause from Six Feet Under. The trailer looks quite slick. It has a Thomas Crown Affair vibe.

Comments

• gaz141gaz141 Posts: 1,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched the season finale this morning at US Pace and I loved the whole season. The promo's Sky are running are making it seem like some edgy dark drama, it is anything but that. It is a drama, but also very light and very Shonda implausible storylines but a great romp anyway. For me, the Brits steal the show. (especially the finale)
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So it's not edgy at alll? Basically like a soap opera type thing?
  • gaz141gaz141 Posts: 1,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, not at all. It is gripping and the whole 45 minutes each episode fly by, I loved it. Margot is my favourite. However the OP has now added to the thread (UK Pace. No Spoilers) so no more from me
  • postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leverage Mark II. Just not as engaging.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    That opening scene with all the split screens was like Hustle.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was very far fetched but good fun.
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched enjoyed, will continue to watch.
  • sherisgirlsherisgirl Posts: 2,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched the 1st episode, and enjoyed it, nothing much on anywhere else in the UK when its on, but I cannot take to the leading lady for some reason, she really got up my goat, but will stick with for the time being.
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,167
    Forum Member
    I'm always so late with these shows, but just finished this. Very very enjoyable if not over the top. I didn't find "mum" very convincing though.
  • mustard99mustard99 Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Romp is a great word to describe this. Absolute nonsense, completely unbelievable but I love it.

I really like Dirty Sexy Money which Peter Krause was also in, and Catch makes that look deep.

So imagine my surprise when John Simm - my husband in a parallel universe - turns up this week giving a cracking performance as a mad bad and dangerous to know, well, baddy.

What is not to love.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    mustard99 wrote: »
    Romp is a great word to describe this. Absolute nonsense, completely unbelievable but I love it.

I really like Dirty Sexy Money which Peter Krause was also in, and Catch makes that look deep.

So imagine my surprise when John Simm - my husband in a parallel universe - turns up this week giving a cracking performance as a mad bad and dangerous to know, well, baddy.

What is not to love.

He was good. So evil.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    mustard99 wrote: »

What is not to love.
    Not a big fan of JS, but he was good this week, and he's staying - but did he have to kill Felicity>:(

Enjoying this drama, but it took a while to get into it...it's crazy.
  • kattkatt Posts: 10,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sherisgirl wrote: »
    I watched the 1st episode, and enjoyed it, nothing much on anywhere else in the UK when its on, but I cannot take to the leading lady for some reason, she really got up my goat, but will stick with for the time being.

oh ditto!!! I thought it was just me :blush:

cant take to her either - no idea why - she bugs the heck out of me

enjoying the show tho - its bonkers :D:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    katt wrote: »
    oh ditto!!! I thought it was just me :blush:

cant take to her either - no idea why - she bugs the heck out of me

enjoying the show tho - its bonkers :D:p

He's quite wooden as well. The chemistry is not very believable between them.
  • munkyfellovermunkyfellover Posts: 2,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ditto ditto on the lead actress, I didn't like her in World War Z or The Killing either but her in this just seems so false. Even down to her walk.
  • marieukxxmarieukxx Posts: 4,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm finding this boring. It's basically the same every week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mrs Patmore is mummy. :D
  • mustard99mustard99 Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs Patmore is mummy. :D

That's it! Thank you. Just watched it and was racking my brains.

Just when you think The Catch can't get any dafter......... Loving it.
  • Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This has picked up for me following the introduction of John Simm and now Lesley Nicol.
  • daisyduck1976daisyduck1976 Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have grown to like The Catch more and more. It's not 'must see' like the early series of Greys and Scandal and not as intriguing as HTGAWM, but it's fun. I like the lead actress, I like Peter Krause, but they are not great together. He has far more chemistry with John Simm!
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surprised to learn it's been renewed as to me, given the basic plot line, it doesn't seem the type of show that could/should run for more than one season. Enjoying it though.
  • NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PhilH36 wrote: »
    Surprised to learn it's been renewed as to me, given the basic plot line, it doesn't seem the type of show that could/should run for more than one season. Enjoying it though.

Have no fear of that.:kitty:

It's a Shonda Rhimes vehicle, so be mindful of the fact that what you see in Season 1 will not be what you'll end up seeing come Season 2. The Pink Panthers will feature in season 2. By season 3, the President of the Free World will also hire them discreetly because he is being blackmailed by some man, and the Prez's wife and 300+million Amercian voters don't know about it - the Prez is gay and still is in the closet, you see. The Mexican drugs catel and Marine Black Ops will probably rear their heads in Season 4. By season 5, they will be hiring Olivia Pope to sort their mess, and the finale season 6 - a season finale because the viewers have grown tired of its bonkers ridiculousness, and besides Peter Krause left after Season 3 anyway, killed off by the up-coming season 4 Mexican drugs cartel. Sadly, Meredith Grey couldn't save him which peeved off a lot of fans who have been shipping them for a while - Annalise Keaton steps in to defend the team in a court of law. She manages to pull it off, but not before the PI/Con Artist team (otherwise known as The Comic Con Clan - so renamed because the show has become a joke) give her and her law students new identities because she has truly screwed up her own life as well as her young charges.
  • tinkerbell987tinkerbell987 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs Patmore! Love it. Ditto re leading lady just Can't warm to her. It's a good romp through.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mrs Patmore is back complete with cooks hat.:D
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Mrs Patmore is back complete with cooks hat.:D
    Very funny scene, which made me realise where I had seen her before - didn't get it when she first appeared.

Great news too, it is coming back for a second season - a bit crazy, but a lot of fun....hope John Simms returns - and the one that sings.