Joss Stone "Breaking News"

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    Makes you wonder if they were just 2 opportunists or whether there's anyone behind it.

Doesn't bear thinking about what they could have done
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    It reminds me of the story a few years ago where (I think) Kosovan gangsters came very close to kidnapping Julian Clary. They planned to beat him to death with a snooker cue or something.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Sky-News-Archive/Article/200806413291965

Here it is!
    Shows the downside of fame, for sure!
  • RubusRooRubusRoo Posts: 10,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My local Tesco was out of stock on body bags. Bastards :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    Conspiracy to kidnap, rob and murder her according to Sky News now, found swords, rope and a body bag in their car. Seems like it could have been a extortion attempt.

Yes but it doesn't say who the conspiracy to kill and rob was against in the official line. Personally I think down the line it will come out that it wasn't targeting Joss, it just happened to be near her house and the press have put 2 and 2 together to make a story.

They went with a body bag so they were obviously intending to kill someone not extort money and I suspect that it may well have been gang members about to carry out a revenge killing on another gangster and nothing to do with Joss at all.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This will bring Joss right back into the public eye in the UK, as we had almost all forgot about her since she thankfully decided to bugger off to America. So, she gets saved from murder and will now undoubtedly be everywhere for the next while talking about her "ordeal" etc. to rekindle her status over here again. Yawn.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    Paddy C wrote: »
    This will bring Joss right back into the public eye in the UK, as we had almost all forgot about her since she thankfully decided to bugger off to America. So, she gets saved from murder and will now undoubtedly be everywhere for the next while talking about her "ordeal" etc. to rekindle her status over here again. Yawn.

I agree that this could be seriously milked... though even if it is, no-one deserves something like this and if true, it truly is awful.

..(I'm not suggesting you think she deserves this, by the way)..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Juliet001 wrote: »
    Yes but it doesn't say who the conspiracy to kill and rob was against in the official line. Personally I think down the line it will come out that it wasn't targeting Joss, it just happened to be near her house and the press have put 2 and 2 together to make a story.

Didn't they have pictures of her house though?
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scary indeed. Joss is the 5th richest musician under 30 - maybe they had planned an extortion attempt. The frustration with these kinds of stories is that we'll probably never know.
    Perhaps the Sunday Times will think twice about cobbling together another "Rich List".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    Juliet001 wrote: »

They went with a body bag so they were obviously intending to kill someone not extort money and I suspect that it may well have been gang members about to carry out a revenge killing on another gangster and nothing to do with Joss at all.

They had plans of her house and aerial shots as well so it seems pretty likely that they were targeting her.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    What a bizarre story.

The bit about a 'body bag' made my blood run cold, to be honest. Horrible idea.

She will probably have to go about with a security team now, if she doesn't already.
  • MikeJWMikeJW Posts: 3,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So they've just been charged, then. What a weird case.
  • Sarah AnneSarah Anne Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonder when Kerry Katona or Peter Andre will have their say on this.....
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    A European tour is due soon.

Why do I hate myself for thinking this is contrived.

But, if it is true, she can thank Price, Katona and all the other media **** for making the world a cynical place.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it's contrived at all.

Joss is this bohemian chick who smokes weed and has a really laid back attitude & is someone who doesn't go whoring herself out constantly for publicity. She generally just records her music and gets on with it.
  • MadonnaMIXMadonnaMIX Posts: 9,692
    Forum Member
    Glad they were caught, Befoe anything happend
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a bit random for me i totally forgotten all about Joss Stone untill all this came out today! :o
  • Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would anyone do that?
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doesn't she have a drug addict half-brother? Maybe he annoyed the wrong people.
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joss who?? no-one is listening love
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sarah Anne wrote: »
    Wonder when Kerry Katona or Peter Andre will have their say on this.....

How about Kym Marsh and Coleeen Nolan? I can't sleep until I've heard their thoughts on the subject
  • BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Microkorg wrote: »
    Joss who?? no-one is listening love

Wow you are one sick person
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gilliedew wrote: »
    A European tour is due soon.

Why do I hate myself for thinking this is contrived.

But, if it is true, she can thank Price, Katona and all the other media **** for making the world a cynical place.

I'm not sure how you think she would have contrived this. The two men would have to have been hired to carry out this stunt with the expectation of being caught. Their only recourse then would be to reveal that it was a stunt, which would not necessarily be believed unless Joss admitted being behind it, thus incurring extremely bad publicity for herself and possibly risking being charged with wasting police time. Alternatively, the two man could keep mum; either way, they'd be at risk of serious jail time. It makes no sense at all.

It must be very unsettling for Joss, even though she seems to be making light of it.
  • lucy manelucy mane Posts: 10,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DS NEWS

Notes have reportedly been found in a car near Joss Stone's home allegedly outlining plans to "rob and kill" the singer and to "find a river to dump her in".

Two men have been charged with conspiracy to rob and cause grievous bodily harm after being arrested near Stone's Ashill home on Monday.

Junior Bradshaw, 30, and Kevin Liverpool, 33, from Manchester, spoke only to confirm their identities at Exeter magistrates court yesterday.

The two have been remanded to appear at Exeter Crown Court on July 1.

Detectives investigating the case reportedly found a handwritten note in a car near Stone's home using the words "rob and kill", "money in the safe", and "Jocelyn rob", the Daily Mail reports. Another is said to have featured the phrase "find a river to dump her in".

It was reported earlier this week that officers had found a Samurai sword, rope and a body bag in the car near Stone's home.

Stone has said that she is "fine" despite the incident, adding: "I'm carrying on. I paint my bathroom. I bake my cakes. All is well."
  • nightporternightporter Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Things to do.

Buy milk, bread
    pay bill
    kids to school
    Rob and kill joss stone
    Find river to dump body in
    pick kids up.
    Google Kerry Katona.