Azerbaijan probes Russian 'nul points'

Comments

• phill363phill363 Posts: 24,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably had the gas supply turned off...
  • citiuscitius Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    I think that is shameful. First you have the issue of vote tampering but most importantly they seem to have forgotten that it is a "song" contest. Vote for the song, not your political ally. I think the EBU should throw them out of the competition for 5 years for this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the wording used by this "official" is what's going wrong.
    Russia could easily setup its own contest for it and its little mates why don't they?
    As posted yesterday it and Azerbaijan need to be poked a little on Human Rights or the EBU setup a code of conduct countries taking part need to agree, Namely human rights watch how many leave
  • starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most actually seem to see it as political, why else do they wave all those flags now?
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    How odd - don't tell me someone has been trying to rig the Azeri vote in jest (to counteract their rumoured attempts to do this to other countries).

Given that the jury gave Russia 10pts its hard to see how they couldn't have got anything at all - would have had to be a very odd televote as there are many ethnic Russians there.

Or alternatively the Azeri jury has been telling porkies - expect them to receive police questioning soon!

PS Says a lot about the country that the President thinks who his country votes for in Eurovision is a matter for debate.
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    are they for real?
  • Gunner95Gunner95 Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Voting irregularities involving Azerbaijan?

What a shock.
  • JaccobabeJaccobabe Posts: 27,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://escxtra.com/2013/05/top-televoting-scores-presented/

The numbers seem very low dont they?

(No idea what it is like ex here in Norway, but less than 10000 for UKR sounds small? Or?)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    Jaccobabe wrote: »
    http://escxtra.com/2013/05/top-televoting-scores-presented/

The numbers seem very low dont they?

(No idea what it is like ex here in Norway, but less than 10000 for UKR sounds small? Or?)

Maybe they got their SIM cards mixed up and accidentally used their "foreign" cards to vote for Russia instead of their "home" cards? ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Topol wrote: »
    the wording used by this "official" is what's going wrong.
    Russia could easily setup its own contest for it and its little mates why don't they?
    As posted yesterday it and Azerbaijan need to be poked a little on Human Rights or the EBU setup a code of conduct countries taking part need to agree, Namely human rights watch how many leave

Russia or the then soviet union did create The Intervision Song Contest, in the cold war Topol.

EBU need to stamp out regularities in voting procedures, states who flout basic human rights and undermine modern open democracy.

It does not surprise me that Russia and Azerbaijan have been implicated once more. How on earth did Russia win the right to host the world cup?
  • imarshimarsh Posts: 275
    Forum Member
    This story highlights two problems with Eurovision:

1. The voting system is as corrupt as they come and

2. Why are these countries even in the "contest"?

I know they are EBU members, but the EBU, like UEFA, seems to accept anyone that will pay, regardless of their geographic location or cultural/political background. The current situation was one waiting to happen. It's time to either ditch the whole thing (the concept is well past it's sell by date anyway) or go back to genuine European countries only.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    imarsh wrote: »
    This story highlights two problems with Eurovision:

1. The voting system is as corrupt as they come and

2. Why are these countries even in the "contest"?

I know they are EBU members, but the EBU, like UEFA, seems to accept anyone that will pay, regardless of their geographic location or cultural/political background. The current situation was one waiting to happen. It's time to either ditch the whole thing (the concept is well past it's sell by date anyway) or go back to genuine European countries only.

You fail again, the show is not past its sell by date nearly 8 million watched on saturday. Russia and Azerbaijan are in Europe in the European council, and any way you just have to be in the European broadcasting area or the European council:rolleyes:,

This story highlights only 1 thing and that's that Azerbaijan are a corrupt nation and for that reason alone they should be kicked out the EBU and banned for life, but it will never happen.
  • Edwin OkliEdwin Okli Posts: 4,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Basically, the jury will be put to death if it turns out that they voted Russia lowly? Eurovision.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Edwin Okli wrote: »
    Basically, the jury will be put to death if it turns out that they voted Russia lowly? Eurovision.

They wouldn't dare not after the scandal last time over people voting for Armenia.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given the statement released by the EBU, I get the impression they're quickly losing patience with Azerbaijan. I wouldn't be surprised if there were consequences. And I don't think it'll be a fine this time around.

Very suspicious voting in certain places for Russia & Ukraine too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abrightyz wrote: »
    are they for real?

the scary thing is they truly don't see how bad and mad this looks.

maybe the deeper question is why this constant need to show Russia how much everyone loves them..this contest was fine without all these in for decades
  • rosetta12rosetta12 Posts: 4,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Edwin Okli wrote: »
    Now that would explain how Russia managed to get so many points... :p