Options

Spoilers & Information Beginning to Come In (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    Ella_Mair wrote: »
    Is Saturday 12th October the real start of the anniversary celebrations, with The Doctors Revisited, The Aztecs, The Companions and Doctor Who Explained all showing on Watch, or are these just the programmes that were shown on BBC America?

And why are they on Watch rather than BBC?

I've heard they'll be revealing the trailer during children in need and we'll just be getting the #savetheday teasers until then.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sceptilian wrote: »
    I've heard they'll be revealing the trailer during children in need and we'll just be getting the #savetheday teasers until then.

I highly doubt they'd leave it until just a week before it airs.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I highly doubt they'd leave it until just a week before it airs.

With CiN a week before the anniversary we'll probably get the Opening scene of Day of the Doctor.

Or it could be a minisode/Prequel.

As you say an actual trailer will obviously be out before then.
  • Options
    BadWolfOneBadWolfOne Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    We hope we have a trailer before then
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still hoping there might be some kind of trailer this Saturday after the rerun of The Name of the Doctor. They did first air the Sherlock S3 teaser trailer after a series 2 rerun.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Day of the Doctor has a possible broadcast time of 7.45pm.

It seems BBC America had a broadcast time of 2.45pm up on their site (since removed).

They also have the Docudrama listed as airing on Friday 22nd.
  • Options
    adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    Day of the Doctor has a possible broadcast time of 7.45pm.

It seems BBC America had a broadcast time of 2.45pm up on their site (since removed).

They also have the Docudrama listed as airing on Friday 22nd.

Good news! Thanks Corwin. In all the excitement about returning episodes it's easy to forget that we have a whole bunch of new stuff to look forward to as well.
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    No new spoilers here, but speculation which refers to some filming pics from TDotD... borrowed some information from a post I saw over on GB...

With the poster for The Day of the Doctor showing a sign reading Bad Wolf, it got me thinking that Rose will have a part to play in all of this. And that got me thinking back to references to roses surrounding Clara in Series 7...
    - Victorian Clara worked as a barmaid at The Rose and Crown in The Snowmen, and her gravestone had roses on it. A tent in The Day of the Doctor (part of the Elizabeth I and Zygon scenes) carries an emblem of a rose and crown on it as well, oddly enough.
    http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/752825828.jpg

- Other references include a rose in Oswin's hair in Asylum of the Daleks, roses on the bedside table in The Bells of Saint John, an unidentified 'girl in a shop' giving the TARDIS phone number in The Bells of Saint John, and Clara's mum Ellie died on the same day that Rose began travelling with the Ninth Doctor as seen in The Rings of Akhaten.
    http://media.tumblr.com/1cda9373c196a1b45e4917bdaa965130/tumblr_inline_mkxphvl0OB1qz4rgp.png

There are even more far-fetched references out there such as Clara's wearing of red being a reference to Red Riding Hood/Bad Wolf, Clara's dad being saved from being hit by a similar looking car to the one that killed Rose's dad, and even the fact that Clara sang 'Hungry like the wolf' in Cold War.

If some or all of these references (maybe not the more far-fetched ones) aren't leading somewhere then I have to say that Moffat is absolutely brilliant at red herrings... provided what he does deliver is just as good of course :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    No new spoilers here, but speculation which refers to some filming pics from TDotD... borrowed some information from a post I saw over on GB...

With the poster for The Day of the Doctor showing a sign reading Bad Wolf, it got me thinking that Rose will have a part to play in all of this. And that got me thinking back to references to roses surrounding Clara in Series 7...
    - Victorian Clara worked as a barmaid at The Rose and Crown in The Snowmen, and her gravestone had roses on it. A tent in The Day of the Doctor (part of the Elizabeth I and Zygon scenes) carries an emblem of a rose and crown on it as well, oddly enough.
    http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/752825828.jpg

- Other references include a rose in Oswin's hair in Asylum of the Daleks, roses on the bedside table in The Bells of Saint John, an unidentified 'girl in a shop' giving the TARDIS phone number in The Bells of Saint John, and Clara's mum Ellie died on the same day that Rose began travelling with the Ninth Doctor as seen in The Rings of Akhaten.
    http://media.tumblr.com/1cda9373c196a1b45e4917bdaa965130/tumblr_inline_mkxphvl0OB1qz4rgp.png

There are even more far-fetched references out there such as Clara's wearing of red being a reference to Red Riding Hood/Bad Wolf, Clara's dad being saved from being hit by a similar looking car to the one that killed Rose's dad, and even the fact that Clara sang 'Hungry like the wolf' in Cold War.

If some or all of these references (maybe not the more far-fetched ones) aren't leading somewhere then I have to say that Moffat is absolutely brilliant at red herrings... provided what he does deliver is just as good of course :p

This is really interesting. Perhaps all these little coincidences will add up. I really hope they do, I love a hidden arc. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new series without any info is getting a little dull. Hardly any info came out regarding the special apart from announcing Tennant/Piper and daleks.
  • Options
    saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am I a terrible fan if I admit that the missing episodes is all a delightful side show to the main event ie The Day of the Doctor? Still more excited about the anniversary episode myself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

now THAT is something I wasn't expecting...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ****! Exciting!

That is amazing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    adams66 wrote: »
    now THAT is something I wasn't expecting...
    ****! Exciting!

That is amazing.

I do wonder how accurate it is though.

It's a bit suspicious that the rest of the interview has been cropped out of the photo. It may actually have CT stating that she's not in the Special :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very true.

But I am going to blindly live in hope for a few weeks.
  • Options
    DICKENS99DICKENS99 Posts: 2,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Great news if true, and if they managed to keep that quiet who else might be appearing that we had no whit of previously....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Catherine Tate was the worst thing to ever happen in new Who!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's an unpopular opinion, I think.
    Personally I love her and I really do hope this news is true and she's back :D
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member

She's my favourite ever companion, so I'm all up for a return (hopefully better than her appearance in The End of Time, which was wasted for the sake of a cheap red herring).

I didn't get Eccleston, but there's hope we could have Tate... if so I just got 100x more excited for this episode. Though unlikely, I'd love to see Eleven with Clara, Ten with Donna, and somehow Hurt with Rose :D
  • Options
    RevengaRevenga Posts: 11,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Catherine Tate (or more accurately, Donna) is the best thing to happen to Who in 50 years.

In my opinion.
  • Options
    The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So true! Worst companion so far!
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Revenga wrote: »
    Catherine Tate (or more accurately, Donna) is the best thing to happen to Who in 50 years.

In my opinion.

I don't know, the first episode might have to be further up the ladder. :p
  • Options
    krikkiter68krikkiter68 Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    I hope this is true, I love Donna.
  • Options
    Richard_WatsonRichard_Watson Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    I hope this is true, I love Donna.

She'd have been shooting the last few episodes of The Office in America when they were making it, so it's doubtful or at most a cameo.
This discussion has been closed.