SimonB79 wrote: »
    are ya talking about the PS_APP for iPhone / iPad??? :confused:

Sorry. Android
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Sorry. Android

I've just this second checked & an update is also available via the apple-store! :)
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's an update to the ps app which states the app no longer connects to a ps4 that is in standby mode so looks like I can maybe turn net connect back on.

Also has live from playstation on it.

Is not fixed. Wife just told me of for turning my ps4 on when she's watching something.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tried it with mine earlier and it didn't start up ps4. Im android are you ios ?

However once again. Came in from work today. Took it out standby and when it came on it said added war thunder patch to downloads and started downloading. I cant figure why its not doing it when im not there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on android too, but stupidly hadn't updated the app. I have auto updates but the permissions had changed. Doh!
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm on android too, but stupidly hadn't updated the app. I have auto updates but the permissions had changed. Doh!

Strange, I wonder what changed.

My Nexus 5 updated without asking me anything.
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    Wish they would make a Native iPad app!
  • stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,395
    Forum Member
    Yep! It reflects quite badly on my TV ... Unfortunately!! :(
    I've spotted the light-bar reflection on my TV at times, Its worse on the very glossy TV bezel though & can be a bit distracting.
  • Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    I have a Sony HX853, a glossy TV with "gorilla glass". I don't hold the DS4 up high enough to reflect off it, but when I do to see a reflection, it it's not much of a reflection.. if you know what I mean...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got to say not once have a noticed the lightbar on my TV, its a Sony Bravia HDTV (not sure of the exact model)

I've played in numerous lighting types, when its bright, when its dark, with the lights on/off, when the game itself is bright when the game screen is almost pitch black

Not sure why it is happening for certain people, maybe they are to close to the TV and any light would reflect at that distance
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikey86uk wrote: »
    Wish they would make a Native iPad app!

^^^What this guy says^^^.

I have the app on my Galaxy S2 but would rather have it on my ipad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan27 wrote: »
    I have a Sony HX853, a glossy TV with "gorilla glass". I don't hold the DS4 up high enough to reflect off it, but when I do to see a reflection, it it's not much of a reflection.. if you know what I mean...

I've got a relatively new 50inch LG (in the front room) & when I play (with the lights dimmed @ night) killzone on my PS4 I can clearly see the green LED shining in the centre of the screen! :(

(I'm not sitting right ontop of the TV either!!!) ;-)

(There's no point in having the LED active if ya ain't got the camera! :confused: ... U should be able 2 switch it off (like vibration) in the joypad settings IMO! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wiseguy100 wrote: »
    ^^^What this guy says^^^.

I have the app on my Galaxy S2 but would rather have it on my ipad.

Same here! :) ... I'm currently running the iPhone version (on my iPad) & it's abit crap tbh! :(
  • mach2001mach2001 Posts: 339
    Forum Member
    I must say as a newbie I find the PS4 an amazing bit of kit, obviously there are some flaws but as for a games machine it is pretty awesome so far.

As for the lightbar I was playing BF4 in the dark last night and didn't really notice a reflection but could see in my periphery that my fingers were lit up which wasn't really a distraction but could notice it every now and then.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same here! :) ... I'm currently running the iPhone version (on my iPad) & it's abit crap tbh! :(

They need a tablet version full stop, not just an iPad. It's the phone version on android tablets too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tend to sit below my tv so guess that's why I don't see a reflection
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see a reflection either tbh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone heard any rumours of upcoming fw updates ?
    Hoping the resume and jump in and take over friends game comes soon. Mainly the resume but interested in the other one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone heard any rumours of upcoming fw updates ?
    Hoping the resume and jump in and take over friends game comes soon. Mainly the resume but interested in the other one.

There was supposedly gonna be an update this week (according 2 various sites) but nowts taken place! :( ... It was gonna add support for pulse headsets or summit! ... Wish they'd hurry up & add DLNA! :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tend to sit below my tv so guess that's why I don't see a reflection
    I sit probably 2 foot directly in front of a 40" TV and I don't see a reflection unless the screen is black. Oh and I also game in the dark, no lights on.

If I shift my eyes' focus then yeah I can see it, but when playing a game they're not focusing in that way. They're focusing on the character, the objects and surroundings in the game etc.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was supposedly gonna be an update this week (according 2 various sites) but nowts taken place! :( ... It was gonna add support for pulse headsets or summit! ... Wish they'd hurry up & add DLNA! :cool:

I imagine we'll see an update before the Japanese launch in 3 weeks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I imagine we'll see an update before the Japanese launch in 3 weeks.

Yep! Let's hope its summit significant!!! :) ... I've gotta admit I expected the PS4 to be upgraded allot more frequently then it has been! :confused: ... The PS3 seemed 2 get em every other week lol :D

(I guess the PS4's OS must be allot more stable then the PS3's) :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These are cool idea for anyone that really doesn't like the DualShock4 light bar.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2014/01/weirdness_heres_a_novel_way_to_dim_the_ps4_controllers_light_bar

I'm gonna get a set of blank stickers & put em on my joypad!!! ... Job done!!! :cool: ... Thanks 4 the link FF! *thumbsup*
  • SuperSuper Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    I'm gonna get a set of blank stickers & put em on my joypad!!! ... Job done!!! :cool: ... Thanks 4 the link FF! *thumbsup*

Colour them in with black marker
    :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Super wrote: »
    Colour them in with black marker
    :D

Some folk actually have!!! :o

(Seems pretty extreme vandalising a £50 bit of kit! :o)

The stickers will do until they fire out a firmware update! ;-) :D