Ricky looked shell shocked at the result.

scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I wonder if it will make him less likely to come back? Commercially though this has really raised his profile.

Comments

• attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will was fuming last year and he still came back. I hope Ricky comes back, I love him as a coach. Hope he does something with Christina though.
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont mind him. I wish he'd stop those lecherous looks.
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »

What's WITH that?!?! He seems ok for a bit, then he suddenly goes all creepy looking. I've found it hard to take to him the whole series. Least favourite judge/coach of mine.
  • bossoftheworldbossoftheworld Posts: 4,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He can be a bit lairy maybe he's remembering his song when he does that.:)
  • reddressreddress Posts: 26,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought he looked gutted not angry.
  • xfactorfan01xfactorfan01 Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably because he knew Jermaine was awful? And that Christina was robbed?
  • secretagentsecretagent Posts: 1,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps it was because his heartfelt speech had fallen on deaf ears. I don't think that he'll take it personally. He can't blame the public for not liking his contestant the most, they're the same public that buy his songs.
  • Cosmic GiftedCosmic Gifted Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think everyone was a little shocked.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member

What lecherous looks? I can't say I've seen any.
  • mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't get that so many people fancy him. He's rather creepy imo. I'd rather get it on with Tom Jones - wrinkles and all. That said he IS closer to my age! :D
  • Steve1977Steve1977 Posts: 1,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He can be a bit lairy maybe he's remembering his song when he does that.:)

It's not very pretty I tell theee...

lol, tbh, I havent a clue what you're talking about. I saw Tom Jones eyeing up some of the female contestants but for me, Ricky has gave The Voice it's Indie edge. The previous guy was just a pop band masquerading as an indie band, but Kaiser Chiefs are the real deal Indie wise and it gave The Voice some respect from British guitar band fans who are fans of groups writing their own music and performing their own instruments.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I don't get that so many people fancy him. He's rather creepy imo. I'd rather get it on with Tom Jones - wrinkles and all. That said he IS closer to my age! :D

It's the gorgeous blue eyes and his lovely warm personality I think!
  • fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    The X Factor judges are not bad losers.
  • stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    I;'m sure he will come back as he seems to have enjoyed himself otherwise and generally seems to have positive feedback from being on the show
  • PlausibleDenialPlausibleDenial Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thats why I think he picked Emily Adams over the other girl!
  • attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    X-Digit-Xx wrote: »
    I think everyone was a little shocked.

I wasn't. I would be more shocked if the bookies favourite actually WON The Voice :p
  • christina83christina83 Posts: 11,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought he just looked sad and disappointed for Christina as he really wanted her to do well. I'm sure she will do great under his wing though.
  • scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought he just looked sad and disappointed for Christina as he really wanted her to do well. I'm sure she will do great under his wing though.

Has he committed to anything now the series is over? I've heard nothing about that

Update- I just checked her twitter feed he's saying "I won't let you down"
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably because he knew Jermaine was awful? And that Christina was robbed?

Point one. Jermaine was not awful. He was not my preferred choice but he was certainly not awful.

Point two. Unless the voting was rigged, she was not robbed.
  • imarshimarsh Posts: 275
    Forum Member
    Steve1977 wrote: »
    It's not very pretty I tell theee...

lol, tbh, I havent a clue what you're talking about. I saw Tom Jones eyeing up some of the female contestants but for me, Ricky has gave The Voice it's Indie edge. The previous guy was just a pop band masquerading as an indie band, but Kaiser Chiefs are the real deal Indie wise and it gave The Voice some respect from British guitar band fans who are fans of groups writing their own music and performing their own instruments.

That's what I thought and hoped for when Ricky was first announced as a coach. However, either because of the acts put through by the shows producers or by his own choice, none of the acts in the later rounds had any edge (for any judge).

The cynic in me says this is because its Saturday evening TV and anyone with an edge is deemed "high risk" from a viewing perspective and is thus screened out. The result is the show ends up being a mix of "West End show singers" or Radio 2 Sunday afternoon listening, i.e. nothing new, no boundaries being pushed.

I'm not saying the finalists couldn't sing, but from the country that gave the world The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Who, Black Sabbath, Led Zep, The Sex Pistols, The Clash, Oasis, Muse and more, its an inaccurate reflection of British Musical scene if this show is genuinely showing the best undiscovered talent.
  • via_487via_487 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    imarsh wrote: »

I'm not saying the finalists couldn't sing, but from the country that gave the world The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Who, Black Sabbath, Led Zep, The Sex Pistols, The Clash, Oasis, Muse and so on, its a poor reflection of British Musical talent.
    I would agree with this but for one thing...
    Every act you have used as an example (good examples btw) is a BAND, not an individual.
    Okay, there are/were individuals within these bands, but their freshness and genre-making abilities came from the band as a whole - the mix of band members.
    For example, although Matt Bellamy's distinctive vocals give the edge to Muse, the whole band plays an integral part in the music.
    Another example, Roger Daltrey is a very distinctive vocalist for The Who, but it is the overall sound which makes the band unique.
    And so on....

On the UK scene in particular, groups of musicians/singers are more likely to produce a new/cutting edge sound than individual singers.
    And that kind of made Ricky's job harder. He was never going to find cutting edge indie from a group of individual singers.
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thats why I think he picked Emily Adams over the other girl!

I noticed that too. Funny a lot of posters are finding him creepy. Maybe its just the way he looks, but still it is a bit yukky.