Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he has just died, thank you all.

Oh that is so sad, l'm so sorry. :(
  • Options
    cressida100cressida100 Posts: 3,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so very sorry to hear your cat has died.I lost my beautiful cat last year when he was only 2 he was hit by a car. I miss him so much its unbearable. If there is a good way to go I think that your cat had a good end. It's what we would want for ourselves if that makes sense. I buried my boy under my buddleia tree where he used to stalk the butterflies. Big hugs to you x
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm deeply sorry to hear of your loss. I hope you are okay. As others have stated, be happy he died peacefully in his own home with his loving owner with him. Cats are so loyal and precious animals, I'm sure he will be reincarnated in the form of a lovely young kitten :)
    I love cats, I am due to collect my fourth cat from the Cats Protection Shelter on Sunday. I own 3 already, but she will be the sibling of one of my female cats I adopted a few months ago. I have one boy (Barnaby, a lovely sweet boy - black and white), and two girls (Cleo, a pretty and vocal dark tortie) and Poppy (A white tortie, lovely markings). The cat I am adopting on Sunday is another dark tortoiseshell but long-haired :)

Hope you're okay, RIP kitty <3
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    thank you, lovely words from you all :).

i`m still devastated, my home has no heart at all now and i`ve been bumming around my various children rather than spend any time in it, i miss him so much.
  • Options
    cressida100cressida100 Posts: 3,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So sorry for you and crying again reading this. When my lovely casper died I sat and wrote about the little quirky things he did and why I would miss him. I was frightened I would forget all those lovely things. I haven't of course but when I read what I wrote then it's very comforting x

It might help a little.lock yourself away do this about your cat and wallow a bit.
  • Options
    kieranyeah123kieranyeah123 Posts: 1,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really sorry to hear about your cat. I'm sure as everyone else had said he's in a better place now and any suffering he had has gone.

I had an awful year, 1st January I was hungover, 2nd January I got tonsillitis and the 3rd January I had to go to the vets and put down my 16 year old dog. It was an awful start to 2014 but I can say it does get better. A lot of people can be narrow minded (usually the ones without pets) as they don't understand that you love your pet just like a family member. They really are part of the home and losing them can be incredibly difficult so all my sympathies are with you and here's hoping that for me, you and anyone who has lost a pet this year that 2015 is much better :)
  • Options
    tigragirltigragirl Posts: 13,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Annette, I don't want this to sound insensitive but have you thought about getting another cat?
    I said I wouldn't after I lost Tabbitha but someone was trying to rehome 2 kittens, one was a tortie like Tabbitha and I said no. The following weekend I changed my mind so many times.

Somehow on the following Monday night I found myself at the vet with two kittens getting them checked over, de fleed and wormed and sorting out their jabs.

They really helped me get over tabbitha , not forget but to see they are all different and you can love another one . Sadly, the tortie died before her first birthday of feline leukaemia even though we had her vaccinated.
    Because they were both from the same litter, we thought we would lose her sister too but six years later she is still here and rules the house.

One of my friends lost her cat recently and she got another within the month, she found it a really hard decision but she says it has helped her massively.

Take care
  • Options
    wildpumpkinwildpumpkin Posts: 1,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tigragirl wrote: »
    Hi Annette, I don't want this to sound insensitive but have you thought about getting another cat?
    I said I wouldn't after I lost Tabbitha but someone was trying to rehome 2 kittens, one was a tortie like Tabbitha and I said no. The following weekend I changed my mind so many times.

Somehow on the following Monday night I found myself at the vet with two kittens getting them checked over, de fleed and wormed and sorting out their jabs.

They really helped me get over tabbitha , not forget but to see they are all different and you can love another one . Sadly, the tortie died before her first birthday of feline leukaemia even though we had her vaccinated.
    Because they were both from the same litter, we thought we would lose her sister too but six years later she is still here and rules the house.

One of my friends lost her cat recently and she got another within the month, she found it a really hard decision but she says it has helped her massively.

Take care

I agree with this, I lost my cat this weekend in 2008, and I had such a miserable Christmas that by 3rd January 2009 I brought home a very, very shy ginger & white boy, totally different from my previous cat, but he made it home again.

Rescue centres don't generally adopt cats out this near to Christmas, but there's no harm you going to try and find one before and come the New Year both of you can start afresh. :kitty:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We had our beloved Miss Kitty (Missy) PTS in Feb this year aged 17 and grieved so hard for her. Our house felt so so empty. Within the month we were at our local rescue (Yorkshire Cat Rescue) to see if there was another cat that needed a home. We just couldn't bear the emptiness of the house and not having the routine of having a cat (Miss was a house cat).

We adopted Princess Leia that day. Another house cat due to an injury she already had.

I still grieve for Missy and she's with us in her cat shaped casket sat on the side which Leia loves to sit next to.

Leia is such a different cat and personality that like others say they don't replace. They just fill a cat shaped space in your heart.

Happy for you to DM me if you want as having travelled this road now I 100% know what
    you are feeling.
  • Options
    daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,626
    Forum Member
    I'm deeply sorry to hear of your loss. I hope you are okay. As others have stated, be happy he died peacefully in his own home with his loving owner with him. Cats are so loyal and precious animals, I'm sure he will be reincarnated in the form of a lovely young kitten :)
    I love cats, I am due to collect my fourth cat from the Cats Protection Shelter on Sunday. I own 3 already, but she will be the sibling of one of my female cats I adopted a few months ago. I have one boy (Barnaby, a lovely sweet boy - black and white), and two girls (Cleo, a pretty and vocal dark tortie) and Poppy (A white tortie, lovely markings). The cat I am adopting on Sunday is another dark tortoiseshell but long-haired :)

Hope you're okay, RIP kitty <3

Lovely to hear about your cats saintsebastien - do we have a thread about our own pussy cats? And maybe one for dogs? I love reading the descriptions and habits of them all. All my cats have had their own little quirks, and I have a photo album especially for all my cats. I look thrrough it every now and again and remember each of them fondly.
    I hope this will encourage AC to get another pussy cat soon. My two are 12 & 22 and just this morning I was thinking what I would do when I lose them. How would my house feel without a cat in it. I would be financially richer for sure! But the house would be so empty. :cry: Knowing just how many cats are awaiting their very own home, I know I would be down to the nearest cattery very soon. CPL phoned recently looking for donations, we had a long chat and they said that 170,000 cats need rehoming every year. My sister, who lives near Barnsley, is looking aft er 3 stray cats as well as her own, she would love to find homes for them, so if anyone in that area would like to give any of them a nice warm home ( they currently live in her shed) please PM me.
  • Options
    Carbon ProductsCarbon Products Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    I agree with what posters are saying about getting a new cat. Our cat died earlier this year and the house felt very empty,we got a four month old kitten soon after. Best decision we have made - a house isnt a home without a pet. :)
  • Options
    shortyknickersshortyknickers Posts: 2,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Annette I am so, so sorry. I have been away for a while and only just saw this. Gutted for you, huge hugs xxxx
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So sorry to read this annette (((((hugs))))) x
  • Options
    Bernard_Doyle1Bernard_Doyle1 Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    I've had my cat for 22 years and I fear he doesn't have long left. Can't really describe it in words but over the last few weeks his coat has become quite shabby and he has gone off his food. He snuggles up to me constantly and seems quite content but you can't help worrying about what they are going through
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that....pets passing away is always very sad, particularly when they've been around for quite a long time and really become part of the family. At least the cat passed away peacefully which is the best you can wish for with a pet that has reached the end of their lifespan.
    Our last family dog was also 15 when she died but she ended up dying of cancer and it was a particularly distressing death. She was howling in agony from the pain and we had to call the vet to put her out of her misery. I'll never forget her high-pitched squeals as the vet injected her....it was beyond distressing and I hope to never endure another pet having to suffer like that.
  • Options
    daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,626
    Forum Member
    I've had my cat for 22 years and I fear he doesn't have long left. Can't really describe it in words but over the last few weeks his coat has become quite shabby and he has gone off his food. He snuggles up to me constantly and seems quite content but you can't help worrying about what they are going through

I keep thinking the same about my 22 year old, I'm amazed that she has attained such a great age. But my puss eats like a navvy! Her coat goes through various changes and i keep finding small clumps rather than a few hairs, but it is lovely and soft, I am going to miss stroking that lovely soft fur. I give her the contents of a codliver oil capsule on her food about 3 times a week, which probably helps, but mainly it is to 'oil her joints'. I take it too for the same reason. :D