For us Christmas loners...

2»

Comments

• year 1957year 1957 Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    Moonbean wrote: »
    Merry Christmas to Mrs. Grumpy and everyrone else! Our old collie passed away in February after 13 years and we were devastated. No we've got another young collie who's bouncing around the house keeping our spirits up! We'll never forget Mollie, but are looking forward to life with with Minnie. :)

My last collie was a little red collie, loved everone and had the nicest nature.
    He was very long lived and just before last chritmas whe took him to be put to rest we gave him his last meal and mixed some valium in it and he slept his way to the vets.

Whe had to sedate him because he was stil very much aware of what was going on and whe didnt want to scare him. He was the most amazing collie whe have had
    the privellige of knowing. He lived to be twenty one and it was only over his last that
    month that he started to deteriorate and whent blind and deaf and incontinent.

So i wish you a happy christmas and enjoy your new collie. they are wonderful dogs:)
  • mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    year 1957 wrote: »
    He was the most amazing collie whe have had
    the privellige of knowing. He lived to be twenty one and it was only over his last that
    Wow that's some age. A toast to collies everywhere.
  • MoonbeanMoonbean Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    year 1957 wrote: »
    My last collie was a little red collie, loved everone and had the nicest nature.
    He was very long lived and just before last chritmas whe took him to be put to rest we gave him his last meal and mixed some valium in it and he slept his way to the vets.

Whe had to sedate him because he was stil very much aware of what was going on and whe didnt want to scare him. He was the most amazing collie whe have had

So i wish you a happy christmas and enjoy your new collie. they are wonderful dogs:)

Aw, thank you. What a lovely story. Love to you too.xx
    Collie lovers of the world unite!
  • j0annej0anne Posts: 2,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have a good christmas and not all is greener the other side....washing up in piles noise and wind OMG the wind!!! ....all a load of hype and expense maybe all should strip it back a bit
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Duck in, roasties in, other veggies prepped, orange sauce cooking down
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Champagne opened...and it's all mine :D
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had beef slowcooked in gravy with potatoes and veg for my dinner.

Now have music blaring and vodka for later, trying to pretend its not christmas day and just a normal Saturday night where I'm left on my own as well.
  • davordavor Posts: 6,874
    Forum Member
    cavalli wrote: »

I'll share some of my cake, if you share a glass of your Champagne. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    Slurp... Ya think? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davor wrote: »
    I'll share some of my cake, if you share a glass of your Champagne. :D
    Slurp... Ya think? :D

Help yourselves...oh, I see you already have mrsgrumpy :o

*Hides second bottle*
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just back from the pub. Two hour official session then a one hour "on the house" lock-in for regulars.

Starving now.
  • scotchscotch Posts: 10,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been taking extra anti depressants today and double valium.

I think I might take 500mg Trazadone instead of 400mg along with my quietiapine and valium and just go to bed..

Whehn I found out on here quietiaqpine was an anto psychotic I couldn't believe it. Went to Psych who explained that it is also used as an aid to anti depressant and sleeplessness and that was the reason I had it.

I have at least decided to do something next year - I put on weight when I was put on these meds and the Psych said I would.

So I aim to lose about 2 stone next year
  • PolominiPolomini Posts: 533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've had a really lovely day, pleasing myself for the first time in my adult life. It's the first Christmas since my father, who lived with us, died and I wasn't feeling any seasonal jollity, but actually it's not been as bad as I'd thought. I've heard from both my boys (one's with his dad and the other's trekking to Macchu Pichu), managed to get enough hot water for a bath (that in itself is a minor miracle with the state of my very dodgy hot-water system at the moment until the plumber can come in sometime in January) and have been out with my dog.

Looking forward to lighting a fire and watching whatever's on TV tonight, especially Corrie and Downton.

Been the least stressful Christmas ever!
  • yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scotch, don't worry about quetiapine being an anti psychotic. I take mine more for getting to sleep and reducing impulsive urges more than anything.

Took one at midday for a change and had a nice nap.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yorkiegal wrote: »
    Scotch, don't worry about quetiapine being an anti psychotic. I take mine more for getting to sleep and reducing impulsive urges more than anything.

Took one at midday for a change and had a nice nap.

Ahhhh Thanks yorkiegal, that's reassuring. It's good to hear from someone who is also on them.
    Thanks again!
  • yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope all us loners had a good day. Mine was better than I expected and I'm off to bed shortly when Downton finishes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'That' day is over now. Just New Year to go and that never resonated with me anyway. Happy post Christmas peeps! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    We made it....I have never liked New Years Eve but this year I am going out with a friend in fancy dress and resolving to put an awful year behind me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well we made it through. It was hard!

I can't stand New Year either - can't wait 'till 5th of January
  • shortyknickersshortyknickers Posts: 2,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I sort of got through it. Now need to get through my birthday then new year. I always heave a huge great sigh of relief once it's all over.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scotch wrote: »
    Well we made it through. It was hard!

I can't stand New Year either - can't wait 'till 5th of January

NYE is always by far the worst one for me, it's always been the most depressing night of the year whether I'm alone or not, thought that even as a kid :blush:

Roll on the 5th!
  • abigail1234abigail1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sarah_1971 wrote: »
    Well I've opened my presents, put the turkey in the oven. I'm going to enjoy my dinner, eat chocolate, drink wine and chill. Enjoy your day everybody.xx

^^^^
    If the day comes when I am on my own, THIS is the attitude I want! "Loners" is the wrong word: "solos" is better. Think of all those overwrought, bored kids; their overwrought and bored mums who have to pretend they enjoy doing all the work while the menfolk sit around doing nothing, and being forced to watch tedious soaps when you are longing for a bit of Mrs Browns Boys and Dr Who...I bet THEY wish for a bit of solo Christmas!

The only other tip is to keep away from FB as that's where fairytale Christmasses happen...