Options

Why exactly do you hate Katie Price?

This is a serious question. I've made a few pro Katie posts but I'm in no way a fan and I think she's probably a rather unpleasant individual. But I play devil's advocate because I really do not understand the level of hatred towards her.

Please could you enlighten me to why exactly you hate her so much? I really am curious. And no 'Because she's a bitch is not a good enough answer.

Comments

• Options
    Release MeRelease Me Posts: 3,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because she's a media **** who treated Pete like dirt. He did the best thing getting rid of that vile and disgusting women. She's showed her true nastiness through out this episode and continues to run Pete down.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't hate her , bit in the same sentence I couldn't give a toss about her.

To be honest most of those that go on IAC are media ****, trying to resurrect a broken career. some are good entertainment (George) some are bad (you choose)
  • Options
    OlgaChristieOlgaChristie Posts: 15,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How long have you got ? She is a media **** - vacuous, sleazy, insensitive, arrogant, self-centred, demanding, selfish, rude and appears to think she is some kind of iconic role model but without possessing any kind of talent other than taking her clothes off for the camera.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How long have you got ? She is a media **** - vacuous, sleazy, insensitive, arrogant, self-centred, demanding, selfish, rude and appears to think she is some kind of iconic role model but without possessing any kind of talent other than taking her clothes off for the camera.

Oh come on, don't sit on the fence say what you really mean :p
  • Options
    Wilton ShagpileWilton Shagpile Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

All of the above ^^^:)
  • Options
    anon-y-mouseanon-y-mouse Posts: 2,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You've just described just about everyone who's graced the covers of every gossip rag that litters my newsagents and I assume that's where you've developed your dislike, but more fool you for buying those rags. They aren't always truthful from what I hear.
  • Options
    dizzyrascaldizzyrascal Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    I dislike the woman intensely because she (and others, Katona for one) has led a whole generation of girls to believe that it is a career option to get your name in the paper, mostly for behaving badly!! Not a shred of natural talent is necessary, hard-work or getting good qualifications. Being shallow and getting your kit off is all it takes, oh and sleeping with a footballer helps too.

There were girls as young as 10 at her last book signing who wanted to be just like her!!
    What happened to wanting to better yourself?
    Please don't answer with a reply about how rich she is. Money is not everything.
    Should I be signing this Angry of Tunbridge Wells!
    :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    God help her daughter.
  • Options
    Tram5Tram5 Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    I'm not a fan of KP by any means but I don't understand the "hate" issues a lot of posters seem to have. Hate is a powerful emotion and I can't see how it is possible to hate someone whose persona is what's shown on the TV.

I think she's in a bad place at the moment, whatever she says about her current situation. I have absolutely no doubt that she is still very much emotionally wrapped up in Peter Andre however often she tells us she's "moved on" and that her participation in IAC was motivated by her feelings for him and the hope it might spark something back into life on his part aswell as trying to win back public support in the same way it worked for her first time round. She even managed to work it that she dumped another boyfriend publicly on that show just like she did with Scott whathisname last time round. Her business empire is starting to stutter by all accounts and perhaps she is beginning to realise that earning the money in the family had as much to do with Pete as her.

Aside from the size of her boobs, she's not famous for anything in particular and the only way she's going to keep her "brand" alive is through constant exposure to the public, selling interviews, reality TV etc. etc.

I'll never be on Team Price, but I don't hate her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God help her daughter.

While I have very grave doubts about Ms price, I think that her/Pete daughter will be fine. 30 million in the bank. The kid will not suffer financially,( but maybe psychologically, yet to be seen) Didn't do peaches any harm. I think they will all do ok
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    Don't care enough to hate her... just think she's lame.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    b1zzer wrote: »
    While I have very grave doubts about Ms price, I think that her/Pete daughter will be fine. 30 million in the bank. The kid will not suffer financially,( but maybe psychologically, yet to be seen) Didn't do peaches any harm. I think they will all do ok

.....Princess will never suffer financially but I do worry that Krusty is already putting nail polish on her 2 year old daughter`s fingers and toes - what next - mascara before she is 3 ?:eek: I fear she will never let the poor little thing have a normal childhood and probably wants her to follow in mummy`s footsteps and that is very sad :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .....Princess will never suffer financially but I do worry that Krusty is already putting nail polish on her 2 year old daughter`s fingers and toes - what next - mascara before she is 3 ?:eek: I fear she will never let the poor little thing have a normal childhood and probably wants her to follow in mummy`s footsteps and that is very sad :(
    actually you right and i apologise for calling her a kid. I blame the cider, or bad weather
  • Options
    Tram5Tram5 Posts: 247
    Forum Member

Agreed. KP wants a "girly girl" daughter and I've no doubt Princess will continue to be fashioned into a precocious KP mini-me.

Having said that, Junior too is a little Pete mini-me sporting the same haircut as dad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tram5 wrote: »
    Agreed. KP wants a "girly girl" daughter and I've no doubt Princess will continue to be fashioned into a precocious KP mini-me.

Having said that, Junior too is a little Pete mini-me sporting the same haircut as dad.

http://www.contactmusic.com/photos.nsf/main/peter_andre_2666534

.......and even the same coats lol - but you have to admit they look so cute together :p
  • Options
    Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    You've just described just about everyone who's graced the covers of every gossip rag that litters my newsagents and I assume that's where you've developed your dislike, but more fool you for buying those rags. They aren't always truthful from what I hear.

No mention then of her reality tv show - I suppose it was actually someone else doing the voiceovers and it wasn't her being rude, obnoxious etc. on various occasions.

I used to like the woman, and I don't buy the gossip mags. I base my opinion on what I've seen/heard for myself, which admittedly is fuelled by newspaper articles at times, but which I don't necessarily believe automatically, especially if it's the DS. Sometimes I reserve judgement on an article until it's either been substantiated or denied - and it is possible to decide what has been made up and what hasn't.

At the very least though, it's been proven that she lies repeatedly - again, not what's been written in the magazines, but things she's actually said, before later coming out with something quite different.

If I wanted to just believe the worst of her I'd have been very ready to believe that she dumped Reid live on tv, but I don't believe that.

I don't hate her but I do hate her behaviour. Her antics on her own tv series, or on various chat shows, have been cringeworthy.

And her conversation with Lucy Benjamin wasn't tabloid invention either and it didn't portray her in a good light.
  • Options
    Simon CowSimon Cow Posts: 2,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has gone! Move on!

Why MUST we like her? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    I don't hate her, although I can see why others do. My main annoyance would be the talking in 3rd person...

"Never underestimate the Pricey" - so David Brent
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    Mmm, good post op. I definitely do not hate KP, or any celebrity. In fact, I can't think of anyone that I actually hate. There are celebrities I don't particularly like, and she is one of them, I think it's when they come across as totally arrogant and full of themselves that you dislike them - it is hard to like anybody who is like that, celebrity or not. I always think Kate Winslet seems very smug, and I don't like her either.

Trouble is that KP is everywhere even if you try to avoid her, staring at you from every supermarket magazine rack. She is interesting though, I suppose it's because she is so outrageous and 'car-crash'. It always amazes me that a thinking human being can have so little self-awareness.

I can't say I spend any time worrying about her children though, when there are so many countless thousands that are much worse off - starved/beaten, left alone, living in poverty etc.
  • Options
    Simon CowSimon Cow Posts: 2,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually I can tell you why she is hated:

It's called the "Danyl Effect" - It's where someone who is fanatical about a person shoves them non-stop into people's faces and does not know when to stop.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No one with a shred of sense can possibly 'hate' this woman.

What people ought to be 'hating' & focussing that hate on, is the culture that allows a vacuous, self-absorbed, no-mark the chance to make squillions via no discernable talent whatsoever & the marketing strategies, which exploit the least able to understand the manipulation.
    People who cannot dream of affording this woman's lifestyle are being brainwashed into thinking this kind of sh!te can actually become a career & as a result, we have kids in secondary school who see becoming a 'celebrity' as a viable career choice.
    This is not the fault of Katie Price/Jordan, it's the absolute fault of this sewer of a country.....
    Can you imagine what kind of impact she would have made had she been born in some third world country, where there's no telly, no lads mags, no daily paper for women to show their (natural) tits....because the only 'surgery' available is for life or death cases?

This country & it's worthless 'celeb' culture made Jordan - Hate/change the country, not the woman for making a good living.
  • Options
    GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her potty mouth and how she treats people is the foundation of why I dislike the woman. Couldn't care less how she has earned her money, how much she has in the bank, who she has or hasn't had sex with. The woman needs to learn about decorum and that sometimes it is better to keep ones mouth closed and ones thoughts to themselves. Although in part I do think she is giving people what she believes they want.

Imagine if someone said, would the real Katie Price please stand up, I wonder if she'd go for it or hesitate.

Summing her up in one word, I'd say crude.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Her potty mouth and how she treats people is the foundation of why I dislike the woman"

Has she swore at you or mistreated you, or someone close to you?
    Or have you formulated this opinion based on what you've seen/read?
    You can avoid everything about this woman simply by not going looking for it......

I'm sure she doesn't hate you......
  • Options
    Silver TractorSilver Tractor Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hoover- lips sucks
  • Options
    funkycubfunkycub Posts: 9,350
    Forum Member
    I am not someone who beceomes completely obsessed by celebs or hangs on their every word, like some. I always thought Kate was ok and the fact that she had made good as glamour model and showed some drive as I didn't think she was particularly attractive those were my only thoughts.

When she married Peter, I didn't really care. However the constant stream of TV shows, flaunting of the kids, 12 autobiographies and the constant "Exclusive shocking secrets" just do my nut in.

I don't care that she goes out and get drunk or that she acts like a bit of a slapper, I care that she seems to make these stories up for OK magazine, The Rape reveal whilst cuddling Junior, the I buried my dead baby blah blah blah.

It's the extreme media whoring, the I will do anything for money that now means I hate her. And actually I have considered whether the word hate is too extreme but it is an emotion she evokes in me. I try and avoid reading about her but you see the headlines. I managed to not really get drawn in until she ruined this series of celebrity for me. I stopped watching it, the moment she stepped in the jungle and only joined again on the day I knew she was going.