Options

Who watches the Queens speech these days?

Comments

• Options
    OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul237 wrote: »
    I heard it was Prince Philip who doesn't want her in the house.

He probably doesn't watch the Queen's speech.

I'm not a fan of SF at all but as the Windsors are known for being unforgiving and bearing grudges, I thought the Queen should start with doing some reconciliation nearer to home.
  • Options
    1965Wolf1965Wolf Posts: 1,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I want to watch a rich, detached from society older woman talk nonsense, I just need visit anywhere serving high tea with "ladies of leisure" eating while their husbands pretend to play golf while visiting their mistresses. At least I don't feel vicariously guilty and insulted for contributing to her inflated sense of wealth at the expense of the populace because one of her ancestors was deluded enough to think God picked him personally to rule a nation, like I'm pampering a spoilt, deluded toddler who thinks the country is an all year round Santa Claus for her Greek and German lineage in place of any concrete British heritage of greater significance when a Canadian technically has a more legit seat to the English throne than any of the Windsor/Saxe-Coburg-Gotha line aside from aggressive and defamatory ascendancy dictates they used to subsume primogeniture.

Dear me. Even if everything you have said were true, why would it automatically mean that the Queen was not worth listening to? Actually, this year she was especially good, talking on the themes of forgiveness and reconciliation. What is wrong with such a message?
  • Options
    1965Wolf1965Wolf Posts: 1,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    noise747 wrote: »
    My home is rented, I work for my my money to pay the rent or i will do when i get back to work.

If I had the amount of money queenie have I would certainly help the homeless. Last year I helped out in the kitchen to feed them. this year i was not able to.

Next year I am hoping I will be able to help again. We do not have a huge homeless problem here, but it is here and it will get worse. But queenie is living in luxury, being waited on, paid by tax and yet there are people out there who can not even afford to feed their kids.

i got more respect for the man in the street than i have for that penny pinching noink.

I am afraid this betrays a lot of ignorance as to why the monarchy is tax payer funded. Look it up and then tell us whether the tax payer is better or worse off now than before the tax payer settlement came into being.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yet another thread in which people get the chance to insult Her Majesty. >:(
  • Options
    SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't bother. She has nothing of note to say and the news sums it up in a couple of minutes anyway.
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    I haven't watched it for years but it was the most watched programme on christmas day according to the news.

By the time it was on I was full of turkey, sprouts and wine. So I watched it recovering, which probably helped the viewing figures. None of it registered though.
  • Options
    mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope. May have seen it once or twice by accident I guess
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    By the time it was on I was full of turkey, sprouts and wine. So I watched it recovering, which probably helped the viewing figures. None of it registered though.

You are supposed to pay attention^_^
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We watch it don't always agree with everything she says but she seems to understand some things better than our government do, perhaps they should listen to her for a change instead of employing advisors who are as out of touch as they are ?
  • Options
    neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    noise747 wrote: »
    Oh look my stalker is here.

i knew you watch her, I bet you was standing to attention, with a salute

I don't stalk you Adrian, I'm not doing a 'Google' on you :D

On a more positive note, HM's speech was the most watched broadcast on Christmas day and increased its viewers by 90,000 more than last year:cool:

I thought it a good speech from a wonderful woman.
  • Options
    Peter the GreatPeter the Great Posts: 14,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    Yet another thread in which people get the chance to insult Her Majesty. >:(
    it's a free country. Why should she be exempt from any critism?
  • Options
    The FBIThe FBI Posts: 2,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always watch it.

Apparently HM leaves the room at Sandringham and leaves the rest of the family to watch it without her.
  • Options
    Peter the GreatPeter the Great Posts: 14,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davor wrote: »
    I watch it and I love it. The young today have no respect for anyone nowadays...
    What has watching this nonsense got to do with respect?
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    The FBI wrote: »
    I always watch it.

Apparently HM leaves the room at Sandringham and leaves the rest of the family to watch it without her.
    Even she doesn't want to watch it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even she doesn't want to watch it.

She watches it alone in another room.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    molliepops wrote: »
    She watches it alone in another room.

The TV may be on but only becuase she's on the PS4 bet she's killing some hooker on GTA5
  • Options
    Dragonlady 25Dragonlady 25 Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    The TV may be on but only becuase she's on the PS4 bet she's killing some hooker on GTA5

What is this strange language? :confused:
  • Options
    bspacebspace Posts: 14,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I may have caught a few seconds in the years before tv remote controls. Length depending on how long it took the argument about who was going to get up and adjust the telly to last.
  • Options
    StrmChaserSteveStrmChaserSteve Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remember the olympics, with Bond & The Queen

if they started the speech with that kind of intro, millions would watch

it was awesome, but this year was good, about world war one, trenches, silent night, that peace can be found in the most unlikely places
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I didn't watch it but my parents did. I'm not really interested in it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Remember the olympics, with Bond & The Queen

if they started the speech with that kind of intro, millions would watch

I still wouldn't I don't like The Olympics don't like Bond and don't like The Queen
  • Options
    neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    If the Queen didn't invite her, I fully agree. Sarah might have turned down the Queen's invitation IF the Queen did invite her.

Would you invite the ex wife of your son to Christmas lunch? I don't think so lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is this strange language? :confused:

My thoughts entirely sounds like something I may have missed but for good reason.
  • Options
    Derek FayeDerek Faye Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love our girl
  • Options
    jojoenojojoeno Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I want to watch a rich, detached from society older woman talk nonsense, I just need visit anywhere serving high tea with "ladies of leisure" eating while their husbands pretend to play golf while visiting their mistresses. At least I don't feel vicariously guilty and insulted for contributing to her inflated sense of wealth at the expense of the populace because one of her ancestors was deluded enough to think God picked him personally to rule a nation, like I'm pampering a spoilt, deluded toddler who thinks the country is an all year round Santa Claus for her Greek and German lineage in place of any concrete British heritage of greater significance when a Canadian technically has a more legit seat to the English throne than any of the Windsor/Saxe-Coburg-Gotha line aside from aggressive and defamatory ascendancy dictates they used to subsume primogeniture.

Love this , post of 2014 by a mile;-);-)