Saudi Arabia approves Halal sex shop in Mecca

steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/572034/halal-sex-shop-Mecca-Saudi-Arabia-clerics-Muslim

The shop will sell 18 "islamic approved" products.

"Our products increase feelings of sensuality and improve the atmosphere between the couple in the sexual relationship between them."

the sordid store's products - which include oils and creams - "maintain the integrity, pure humanity and ethics inherent with the sharia".

Comments

• jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    steveh31 wrote: »
    http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/572034/halal-sex-shop-Mecca-Saudi-Arabia-clerics-Muslim

The shop will sell 18 "islamic approved" products.

"Our products increase feelings of sensuality and improve the atmosphere between the couple in the sexual relationship between them."

the sordid store's products - which include oils and creams - "maintain the integrity, pure humanity and ethics inherent with the sharia".

That did make me chuckle in that inanimate objects have to be deemed halal. Saudi Arabia really needs to get a grip and entertain the world of reality.

And in other news, on the same page.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/526538/Radical-Islamic-preacher-Anjem-Choudary-rejects-authority-British-law

I worry about these people.

I wonder what his views are on a Saudi sex shop. They should name it the SSS. One letter away from the SS. :p
  • Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    No porking allowed?
  • cdtaylor_natscdtaylor_nats Posts: 816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I imagine its the oils and creams which have to be halal.
  • jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    jra wrote: »
    That did make me chuckle in that inanimate objects have to be deemed halal. Saudi Arabia really needs to get a grip and entertain the world of reality.

It made me chuckle that you don't know that 'halal' means 'permitted' and can apply to anything, including inanimate objects.
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    jesaya wrote: »
    It made me chuckle that you don't know that 'halal' means 'permitted' and can apply to anything, including inanimate objects.

Yes, I'm fully aware what halal means.

What I'm getting at is, you don't need to label these things as halal or permitted, the very fact these places are there one can assume they are permitted by the local powers that be.

I can go to my local off licence. It doesn't say permitted off licence, just off licence. I know it is permitted.
    Forum Member
    jra wrote: »
    Yes, I'm fully aware what halal means.

What I'm getting at is, you don't need to label these things as halal or permitted, the very fact these places are there one can assume they are permitted by the local powers that be.

I can go to my local off licence. It doesn't say permitted off licence, just off licence. I know it is permitted.

Uh huh. Of course that is what you meant.
  • ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    "Darling... I got some new stockings and suspenders."

"Are they halal?"

"Oh, I don't know."

"You'd better check... I couldn't get turned on without feeling guilty unless they were."
  • NamiraNamira Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jesaya wrote: »
    Uh huh. Of course that is what you meant.

It seemed like that is what he meant to me :confused:

I'm surprised that authorities in Saudi Arabia would allow anything that encouraged sex. From some of the crazy shit I've read about the place it almost seemed like sex itself was "haram".
  • cdtaylor_natscdtaylor_nats Posts: 816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ann Summers opened a branch there in 2000 so its not exactly new.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm very surprised that sex shops are allowed in Saudi Arabia. I would have thought this type of thing would have been banned.
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gordie1 wrote: »
    No porking allowed?

Haha :D
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    I'm very surprised that sex shops are allowed in Saudi Arabia. I would have thought this type of thing would have been banned.

Given that it was a Muslim who wrote 'The Perfumed Garden', a rather racy sex-manual, 900 years ago, I find nothing surprising about having a sex shop in a Muslim country... as it isn't sex that Islam has an issue with... it is sex outside of marriage (and of course between same sex couples). The Qu'ran/Hadith encourages married (only of course) couples to enjoy their sex life. Men are instructed to ensure the woman's satisfaction before their own. (It is very like the Judaic law in this regard).
  • Mr DosMr Dos Posts: 3,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What use is a vibrator if the lady has had her cl*t removed ? FGM etc . . .
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is oral sex Halal.?:D
  • ResonanceResonance Posts: 16,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr Dos wrote: »
    What use is a vibrator if the lady has had her cl*t removed ? FGM etc . . .

Thought that was more of an African thing?

Edit: Seems it does happen in Saudi http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prevalence_of_female_genital_mutilation_by_country#Saudi-Arabia

Saying that it happens here.
  • andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised they don't cut people heads off for even suggesting such ideas
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm surprised they don't cut people heads off for even suggesting such ideas

I suppose it's an example of believing everything we're told by western media. They say Saudi is hell on earth, Saudi media say it's great and the truth will be somewhere in between.
  • Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet the barbques are good fun.

"Whats on the menu?" A couple of ex-wives. :D:D
    Earlier this month, it was reported that a cleric issued a fatwa allowing husbands to eat their wives.

Sheikh Abdul Aziz bin Abdullah allegedly said the ruling showed the "sacrifice of women and obedience to her husband".
  • bookcoverbookcover Posts: 6,216
    Forum Member
    Gives new meaning to "blow up" I guess..
  • Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Resonance wrote: »
    I suppose it's an example of believing everything we're told by western media. They say Saudi is hell on earth, Saudi media say it's great and the truth will be somewhere in between.
    Where i used to work they had a group of young lads on a 3 month work experience from Saudi. Prior to their arrival everyone at work was given lectures on Saudi 'culture' and told what not to discuss etc etc.

Turned out to be total b*llox with much unnecessary flapping around from senior Management.

They were more interested in our culture, what people here did out of work, places we went to, hobbies, interests etc.

When they left they hired a conference suite in a local Hotel and laid on a full buffet and free p*ss up. Most of us were drinking beers...they were knocking back spirits! :o
  • batgirlbatgirl Posts: 42,248
    Forum Member
    I think it's a bit creepy that Allah has an opinion on sex toys and lingerie.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    Where i used to work they had a group of young lads on a 3 month work experience from Saudi. Prior to their arrival everyone at work was given lectures on Saudi 'culture' and told what not to discuss etc etc.

Turned out to be total b*llox with much unnecessary flapping around from senior Management.

They were more interested in our culture, what people here did out of work, places we went to, hobbies, interests etc.

When they left they hired a conference suite in a local Hotel and laid on a full buffet and free p*ss up. Most of us were drinking beers...they were knocking back spirits! :o

Doesn't surprise me. A lot of what we're told is rubbish, but we generally swallow it hook, line and sinker.

Of course Saudi isn't perfect, far from it, but the truth usually lies between our and their propaganda.
    Forum Member
    batgirl wrote: »
    I think it's a bit creepy that Allah has an opinion on sex toys and lingerie.

You think that's creepy, listen to this conversation. :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGSKsavbGc8
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Poor is the man who's pleasure depends on the permission of another.

In other words, up your bum Islam!
    Forum Member
    vinba wrote: »
    That's just some bell end saying that Allah allows sex with babies.

If you have a look at the about for the poster it says:

Tell atheists the truth. If they refuse to heed, leave them to die in their sin.

It's a bit like asking for an opinion on Judaism from a bunch of NAZI's

Not just any old baby but your one day old wife.