Humax HDR 1000S –Pop Up “Drive not formatted correctly” lost recordings – Arrgh

macker6464macker6464 Posts: 38
Forum Member
This evening I put the box on to buffer the rugby so I could rewind it a bit later after my chores!
I came back into the lounge to find a message on the screen along the lines of “in order to record you need to format the drive properly” or something like that…. I tried to exit but HAD to press the OK to acknowledge the message – this took me straight into the Settings menu showing HDD with 0 Available Size, 0 Used size, 0 Reserved size and 0 GB Total size – it then started to format the drive and I couldn’t stop it.
Darn it – a wiped disk and obviously no recordings – lost loads!.

Has anyone else had the same issue?

My experience of PC hard drives is when you first smell a rat there is a rat so I will not have much confidence going forwards.
Never had that with me trusty 9200T!

I bought it from Humax Direct – should I see how it goes or not take the chance and get it changed?

In hindsight maybe I should have depowered it and switched it on again.
Cheers

Macker6464

Comments

• fixermanfixerman Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    macker6464 wrote: »
    This evening I put the box on to buffer the rugby so I could rewind it a bit later after my chores!
    I came back into the lounge to find a message on the screen along the lines of “in order to record you need to format the drive properly” or something like that…. I tried to exit but HAD to press the OK to acknowledge the message – this took me straight into the Settings menu showing HDD with 0 Available Size, 0 Used size, 0 Reserved size and 0 GB Total size – it then started to format the drive and I couldn’t stop it.
    Darn it – a wiped disk and obviously no recordings – lost loads!.

Has anyone else had the same issue?

My experience of PC hard drives is when you first smell a rat there is a rat so I will not have much confidence going forwards.
    Never had that with me trusty 9200T!

I bought it from Humax Direct – should I see how it goes or not take the chance and get it changed?

In hindsight maybe I should have depowered it and switched it on again.
    Cheers

Macker6464

You are not alone! This is a common problem with this box and it usually indicates an imminent hard drive failure. I had the same problem and Humax replaced the box without any hassle but I no longer have any confidence and do not keep any important recordings on it. Give Humax a call and they will send a courier with a replacement and collect the defective one.:cry: