Farting in front of your parents

Lucy Van PeltLucy Van Pelt Posts: 11,587
Forum Member
✭✭
Well do you?

I won't do it on purpose but if it is just them or one of them present then yes I do and they are the same with me

However my other half (and I recall an ex-boyfriend said the same) said he wouldn't dream of doing it in front of his parents and never hears them do it (though he lets rip in front of his brother and mine :D)

So is farting a taboo thing in the presence of your family?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Silent ones only if you're not too close! :o

I wouldn't do a loud one in the presence of anyone.
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At the moment I'm farting in front of everybody, my parents would be the least embarrassing; I'm providing my daughter with a huge amount of entertainment recently! I think I've been eating too much fruit and bran on this diet I'm on!

I don't know about no kissing in Sainsbury's, but yes, it was ME in the supermarket yesterday - to the shoppers who were looking around in confusion :D:blush:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Not really. I mean I don't often do it on purpose but if you can't help it.
  • Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I can get away with it,I drop a silent one and then ask if anyone can smell burning :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The worst is when you laugh and out one comes, doesn't ask permission or anything :D
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    I was polite and let them go first.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was polite and let them go first.
    :D:D:D

*parp*

:o
    :blush:
  • DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    The worst is when you laugh and out one comes, doesn't ask permission or anything :D

God yes! Reminds me of the time I was trying to record a new answer phone message at work and my colleague kept making me laugh. Needless to say there were 'added extras' to the message which did require re-doing. Several times :blush::blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God yes! Reminds me of the time I was trying to record a new answer phone message at work and my colleague kept making me laugh. Needless to say there were 'added extras' to the message which did require re-doing. Several times :blush::blush:
    I am trying so hard to laugh and not make a noise (of the non-farting variety) so that I don't wake my daughter :D:D
  • HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blimey - I wish my kids had inhibitions around this. They all fart constantly and think it's hilarious.

Except for son 3 who thinks it's repulsive ever to trump and always lectures them that he is like Morrissey who wishes people were flowers. Or something.

Now our darling dog has departed to the kennel in the sky, there isn't even anyone else to blame it on. Not that they're ashamed, anyway. I wish they were. Only son 3 has any decorum.
  • MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 20,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No we have always farted and sworn like there is no tomorrow in our family.:D
  • DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No we have always farted and sworn like there is no tomorrow in our family.:D

Sounds like mine :D
    Though I remember my dear dad (god rest his soul) shouting at my brother to "Go to the bloody toilet!!!!" when he let one rip one day. It was years before any of us even dared try that one again ....... :D
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well do you?

I won't do it on purpose but if it is just them or one of them present then yes I do and they are the same with me

However my other half (and I recall an ex-boyfriend said the same) said he wouldn't dream of doing it in front of his parents and never hears them do it (though he lets rip in front of his brother and mine :D)

My Grandad had this thing about pulling his finger:p
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well do you?

When I was a kid I had a friend, and whenever I went round to his house, they all farted when one came on. Him, his sister and both parents :o (very much "where 'ere ye be let the wind run free" types)

I don't fart in front of anyone. Although I did once or twice round his house, as it seemed to be the done thing.
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I fart in front of my parents all the time. I have to counter their farts.

It's a natural and healthy bodily function, nothing to be embarrassed about.
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I come from a family of farters... When was a kid, we all just let rip.....
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 33,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only people I feel comfortable farting in front of is my family!
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I do.

My family are very much like The Royle Family in that way. :blush::kitty::D
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fart, fart and then fart some more
  • deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    Silent, but violent.
    Loud, and proud.

Thats what I say

*strainingfartsmiley*
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The video clip was funny but no I would never do it in front of anyone let alone my parents.

Actually it would be in my top 5 of things I would dread.
  • franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like mine :D
    Though I remember my dear dad (god rest his soul) shouting at my brother to "Go to the bloody toilet!!!!" when he let one rip one day. It was years before any of us even dared try that one again ....... :D

So funny :D
  • franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    it used to create great hilarity after sunday dinners or xmas dinners relaxing on the settee in our house, my dad and the cat were the least amused though! :D

Where ever ye may be let yer wind gang free..hehe!