• Options
    HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some good news - Sanogo is going out on loan for a year

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30551655

Apparently to another Prem club

I think someone like Sunderland might take him

Why? They've already got Altidore to score no goals for them.
  • Options
    Red NovemberRed November Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hayden wrote: »
    Why? They've already got Altidore to score no goals for them.
    It was only a guess :)

Anyway, why not? They're likely to struggle against relegation, and I doubt they would want to rely one one player to score the goals

Plus the recent Bendtner loan negotations are fresh

I suppose any struggling team might take him - perhaps we could start a sweepstake?
  • Options
    NightHawk123NightHawk123 Posts: 7,015
    Forum Member
    Some good news - Sanogo is going out on loan for a year

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30551655

Apparently to another Prem club

I think someone like Sunderland might take him

It's an article putting him on the shop window. I'd be surprised if there's any takers in the PL tbh.
  • Options
    satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    Would anyone be that desperate?

It really makes a mockery of Wenger saying we didn't need strikers because we have Sanogo.
  • Options
    ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
    Forum Member
    Wenger might just have another Bendtner situation on his hands, although doubt Sanogo's wage demands would be as high as NB's. Mind you I did hear he was on 25k a week! I assume we'd pay his wages on a loan deal. Might be a few takers in the Championship as he's a very physical player. Reminds me of a rugby player who's been asked to try football.
    Wenger will prob let Pod go too, unfortunately. My money's on Juventus in for him, or maybe back to Cologne.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    satellite wrote: »
    Would anyone be that desperate?

It really makes a mockery of Wenger saying we didn't need strikers because we have Sanogo.

I suppose you would rather he slagged them off in public like Mourinho did last season?

Sanogo has potential and is tall and strong. We lack players of his type in the team. Sure he could work on his first touch a bit but his passing has been pretty smooth at times. He just needs to get some good game time and he'll prove himself. Remember he's had to fight many injuries in the past (almost quit football because of it).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wenger might just have another Bendtner situation on his hands, although doubt Sanogo's wage demands would be as high as NB's. Mind you I did hear he was on 25k a week! I assume we'd pay his wages on a loan deal. Might be a few takers in the Championship as he's a very physical player. Reminds me of a rugby player who's been asked to try football.
    Wenger will prob let Pod go too, unfortunately. My money's on Juventus in for him, or maybe back to Cologne.

I hope we keep Poldi as I think he's class, but Wenger doesn't seem to like him for some reason?
  • Options
    soteksotek Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2p wrote: »
    I suppose you would rather he slagged them off in public like Mourinho did last season?

Well his current methods of motivation haven't worked for a LONG time and Mourinho has actually had considerable amounts of success with his so yes, maybe it is time for Arsene to learn some new tricks. Why on earth shouldn't a player be called to account in public?

I think we are long past the point where anyone believes Arsene knows best when it is abundantly clear he doesn't.
  • Options
    ustarionustarion Posts: 20,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sotek wrote: »
    Well his current methods of motivation haven't worked for a LONG time and Mourinho has actually had considerable amounts of success with his so yes, maybe it is time for Arsene to learn some new tricks. Why on earth shouldn't a player be called to account in public?

I think we are long past the point where anyone believes Arsene knows best when it is abundantly clear he doesn't.

Or maybe he could identify better players in the first place and then we could have the best of both worlds?
  • Options
    soteksotek Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ustarion wrote: »
    Or maybe he could identify better players in the first place and then we could have the best of both worlds?

And that's the crux of the matter of course. He never will slag Sanogo off in public because that would lead to questions about why on earth he recruited him in the first place and everyone knows Arsene is always right.

This is what happens when someone has far too much power for far too long and never gets called to account. And still people like 2p think they need to defend him.
  • Options
    Red NovemberRed November Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2p wrote: »
    Sanogo has potential and is tall and strong. We lack players of his type in the team.

We're crying out for a bit of muscle in the team, but preferably with some footballing skills attached

His style reminds me of a younger, clumsier Emile Heskey, and I don't see how he will ever fit in with out our quick pass and move style

I think he's made it thus far - and credit to him for making a go of it - by being so big and strong and most likely bullying his peers in his junior days, so he's stood out. But he seems to be lacking the technique to progress much further
  • Options
    WouterWouter Posts: 2,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arsenal XI: Szczesny, Debuchy, Mertesacker, Chambers, Gibbs, Flamini, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cazorla, Alexis, Giroud, Welbeck.

Hmm, bit too attacking for my liking. Flamini will probably need help.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Have we started yet??
    Flamini picks up a yellow yet again. Glad to be of service
  • Options
    WouterWouter Posts: 2,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Have we started yet??

Not really
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Another no show thus far!

At least Arsenal aren't 4-0 down though.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dozed off for the first 25 minutes - woke up to find out our players have been asleep too!

Wenger needs to get Flamini off before he gets sent off.

Oh dear :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disgusting lazy performance

And Liverpool well deserve their half time lead.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    *sigh*

Not a surprise, eh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    1-1! Bang.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D:D

Would you believe it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well - didn't see that coming!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apart from being a walking red card, Flamini is complete bilge these days, continually leaving giant holes in the middle of our half.
    If he had any sense^_^ Wenger would haul him off at half time.
  • Options
    ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
    Forum Member
    we'll be down to 10 men if Flamini stays on.
    As per usual , we're making Coutinho look like Iniesta. It's unbelievable how crap we've been, not even able to pass to a yellow shirt.
  • Options
    TironTiron Posts: 8,080
    Forum Member
    Been out. Just settling down to watch what's left of it now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Comedy gold from Chesney.
This discussion has been closed.