Options

What's everyone doing for New Years?

Comments

• Options
    birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a good way to spend it

It is :) I am making the most of it while it lasts. We usually watch a comedy DVD that one of us has had for xmas and have a good laugh.
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is :) I am making the most of it while it lasts. We usually watch a comedy DVD that one of us has had for xmas and have a good laugh.

Going out is overrated, my kids are here but they will just do their own thing.. My neighbours having a party so will pop in and out..
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Doing what I do every other day of the year just watch a bit of TV and take care of the family.
  • Options
    birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going out is overrated, my kids are here but they will just do their own thing.. My neighbours having a party so will pop in and out..

Sounds perfect, your kids there and a party to to and fro from, enjoy :D
  • Options
    Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably be asleep by 11, as usual.
  • Options
    warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was looking forward to Jools's Hootenany but having just seen the line up i'm not so sure.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love them to bring back a decent new years eve comedy show. i remember absolutely loving the vic reeves new years eve big night out many years ago.

Then they had the review of the year shows which were usually quite funny as well, but now there's nothing really that interesting on at that time of night.
  • Options
    housegirlhousegirl Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    We never do much now, back when as we say it was party time. I just wait till 12 0 clock and prey hubby will see another year.
  • Options
    SpouthouseSpouthouse Posts: 1,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It appears there are as many people who despise the idea of going out on NYE as despise the idea of staying in.
  • Options
    BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    Club club club
  • Options
    catscradlecatscradle Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    Going to a sleb friends party, same as the last 20 years
  • Options
    AnnieBakerAnnieBaker Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ba_baracus wrote: »
    Probably nothing special as I hate new year.

There is no point celebrating the arrival of the shittest month of the year.

Surely February is worse.

We have a baby and a five year old so we will be watching the depressing TV at home this year. Entertaining is a bit too much effort at the moment.
  • Options
    QuixoticQuixotic Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My girlfriend and I are spending it in Sweden with my brother. We fly out tomorrow morning.
  • Options
    ba_baracusba_baracus Posts: 3,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spouthouse wrote: »
    It appears there are as many people who despise the idea of going out on NYE as despise the idea of staying in.

Aside from the fact that January just depresses me, going out at New Year is not my idea of fun anyway. Have been there and done that once and never again.

The pubs in town are all heaving, many of them are charging an entrance fee and when you get in it is standing room only. You can't get near the bar, or the toilets.

And when you want to go home, you are waiting hours for a taxi and when you finally get one, it costs £20 for a 3 mile ride home.

Give me a quiet night in any day.
  • Options
    BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    ba_baracus wrote: »
    Aside from the fact that January just depresses me, going out at New Year is not my idea of fun anyway. Have been there and done that once and never again.

The pubs in town are all heaving, many of them are charging an entrance fee and when you get in it is standing room only. You can't get near the bar, or the toilets.

And when you want to go home, you are waiting hours for a taxi and when you finally get one, it costs £20 for a 3 mile ride home.

Give me a quiet night in any day.

If everyone thought like that the concept of nightlife would be dead.

I can understand most of the DS demographic to be fair. You guys are middle aged and have kids and stuff. My mum and dad don't go out on NYE either and nor would I expect them to. However I can't imagine not.
  • Options
    ba_baracusba_baracus Posts: 3,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AnnieBaker wrote: »
    Surely February is worse.

We have a baby and a five year old so we will be watching the depressing TV at home this year. Entertaining is a bit too much effort at the moment.

I like February. The days are starting to stay noticeably lighter for longer, and the end of winter is almost in sight.
  • Options
    GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A group of us have booked for dinner at a local gastro-kind of place - 5 courses apparently (although 1 is sorbet and 1 is coffee, so a bit overblown!)

Then think we're heading back to a friend's house before New Year so we can get drunk cheaply and invent disgusting new forfeits for drinking games.
  • Options
    BethaneenyBethaneeny Posts: 10,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NHS??

Nope, bar work! Saving up for an MA Degree.
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm working during the day till 4pm and my partner is working in the evening till 11-11:30pm so we should just about see in the new year together. I dare say I'll watch TV abd enjoy afew drinks alone before he's home
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fizzle90 wrote: »
    I don't really 'do' New Years, I'll just have some nibbles and drinks and watch the tv in my new pyjamas :D Bliss!

Anyone got any special plans for NYE and NYD?

Been invited out on NYE, but must politely decline as my GF wants to come round, and she doesn't like going out on NYE, so will be stopping at home.
  • Options
    boniverboniver Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Going to the new forest with my husband for a cosy few days in my parents' caravan to celebrate 10 years together.

I've never been too keen on celebrating new year so glad to avoid being invited out somewhere!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Depends how much booze is left from Christmas.
    I suspect I'll probably be making an emergency run in a hired van to the offie, seeing as we've got a full house and a half this year. :D

and a very large Indian meal at our local restaurant, which does the best fish curry in the world, nearly.
  • Options
    jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    I'll be going to a house party hosted by a friend. Always go out NYE, but stay in Christmas, Boxing Day.
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will be working new years eve until about 4pm. My husband leaves to go to work at 4pm and won't be home until 3am New Years Day.

So - me and the dogs will stay in drinking something bubbly and watching the telly.
  • Options
    Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member
    I hate it. Always have done. Find it incredibly depressing. If I could I'd hibernate over December and January!

I'll return to work and everyone will be sharing their 'amazing' stories of fun, frolics and fabulousness making me feel even more inadequate than usual. 😢