14:30 Figure skating showing-off
16:00 Closing ceremenony

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    BBC Two
    Bobsleigh, cross-country skiing, ice hockey, 09:30-14:30
    Clare Balding looks back at the highlights, plus the figure skating gala, 14:30-16:00
    Closing ceremony with commentary by Hazel Irvine, 16:00-19:00

BBC Red Button 1
    Today at the Games, 04:00-9:30
    Live final runs of the Four-man bobsleigh, 09:30-12:00
    Coverage of the 2104 Winter Olympics 12:05-14:00
    Pro 12 Rugby Unions (not olympics) 14:00-16:00
    Closing ceremony without commentary, 16:00-19.00
    Replays of the Day, 19:00

BBC Red Button 2
    Men's 50km mass start cross-country skiing, 07:00-09:45
    Live ice hockey gold medal match, 12:00-14:30
    Figure skating gala replay, 14:30-17:00
    Coverage as the games come to a close after 16 days of sporting highlighs, with commentary from Hazel Irvine, 19:00-22:00
    Coverage as the games come to a close after 16 days of sporting highlighs, without, 22:00-1:00am

There will be up to six live streams for online, tablet, mobile, apps and connected TVs.
    Red button streams;
    Freeview, YouView, BT Vision & TalkTalk 301 302
    Sky 977 978
    Freesat 981 982
    Virgin Media 991 992

BBC iPlayer Winter Olympics catchup page
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/tv/categories/sport/winter_olympics

Eurosport - Winter Olympics: Davai Sochi Live - Review (30min) 19:00 & 21:30
    Winter Olympics: Davai Sochi Live - Review (30min)

Official schedule of Events
    http://www.sochi2014.com/en/daily-schedule-day-17
  • Options
    SuzeSuze Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As much as I'll be sad to see the end of these Olympics --- tomorrow is the day it was all building up to for me! The gold medal hockey game. I'll be a basketcase - wearing every bit of 'lucky' Canada gear I've got. :):)

I've got friends coming around (Canadian and British) to watch so we can celebrate (or drown our sorrows) together.
  • Options
    grassmarketgrassmarket Posts: 33,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right, up and watching for the 50k. Andrew Musgrave is in vest 44, so look out for him,
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    ... And another one down.

BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport 5m

Austrian cross country skier Johannes Duerr is suspended from the Sochi Winter Olympics after testing positive for blood-boosting drug EPO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lisa.B wrote: »
    ... And another one down.

BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport 5m

Austrian cross country skier Johannes Duerr is suspended from the Sochi Winter Olympics after testing positive for blood-boosting drug EPO.

Yeah, he was a bit of a flashing light. He came from absolutely nowhere to a great performance in the Tour de Ski this year.
  • Options
    Department_SDepartment_S Posts: 4,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The spectre of performance enhancing drugs starting to rear its head in these Games. 6 have been found now including an Austrian skier Duerr who has been banned from today's cross country mass start. EPO.

They say there will be more with retrospective results released.
  • Options
    xenosysxenosys Posts: 1,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh noes, only 2 (and a half) medal events to go. I always hate the last day of an Olympic Games, tinged with sadness.

Enjoyed watching what I could of the action. Normally I'd book a fortnight off work to watch all the drama unfold, but I haven't had the opportunity this year, so have had to make do with highlights on some days, but it's been brilliant, one of the best.

Sochi's been surprisingly good.
  • Options
    The NetThe Net Posts: 5,494
    Forum Member
    Yeah, he was a bit of a flashing light. He came from absolutely nowhere to a great performance in the Tour de Ski this year.

In such circumstances then you would think he would have been spotted straight away but actually it's a tad unfair to call him a flashing light as he had some top ten finishes before that race and indeed had won a World Cup event in 2012. But why do they cheat? It's the Lance Armstrong syndrome where losing is seen as a big failure rather than the will to win.
  • Options
    DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Very excited here, everything's stopping just like in Canada
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heartbreak for Cologna. Breaking his ski like that. No medal for him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xenosys wrote: »
    Oh noes, only 2 (and a half) medal events to go. I always hate the last day of an Olympic Games, tinged with sadness.

Enjoyed watching what I could of the action. Normally I'd book a fortnight off work to watch all the drama unfold, but I haven't had the opportunity this year, so have had to make do with highlights on some days, but it's been brilliant, one of the best.

Sochi's been surprisingly good.

I so wanted to go out to watch. Have been to 6 Summer Games but no Winters. Sadly the prices were too high and when the accommodation prices tumbled just before the games it was too late.
  • Options
    Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    anyone watching the cross country? its like the marathon and a long race - not really my thing but running out of things to watch :kitty:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Russians look like they are triumphing here. Fitting they have a clean sweep!!!!

Last event in the mountains too.
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    Great finish! Clean sweep for Russia, they couldn't have asked for a better final morning!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dr. Claw wrote: »
    anyone watching the cross country? its like the marathon and a long race - not really my thing but running out of things to watch :kitty:

Turned out to be a great race eventually - think this guarantees the Russians top place on the medals table. They might get another one in the bob later.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Russians look like they are triumphing here. Fitting they have a clean sweep!!!!

Last event in the mountains too.

Taking nothing away from the Russians but that race was performed in a World record time in an "astonishing" pace.

With the news of Durr this morning I have to say that I have watched that with an inkling of suspicion especially with the medal of Chernesov who has done nothing all season.

How many of those competitors were clean?
  • Options
    SuzeSuze Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very excited here, everything's stopping just like in Canada

In the spirit of sportsmanship - i hope Sweden plays well today and you enjoy the game. They've definitely played well in the tournament so far.

....but GO CANADA!!!!!! :):)
  • Options
    Steveaki13Steveaki13 Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good finish to the cross country. A dream for Russia 1,2,3.

Awww now we have a gap and everything is winding down. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well done Andrew Musgrave. 53rd and a battling performance.
  • Options
    Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    Turned out to be a great race eventually - think this guarantees the Russians top place on the medals table. They might get another one in the bob later.

about the medals table yeah BUT a home games like when canada also overperformed 4 years back and 2 defectors winning 5 golds for them. no not really convinced they are that good ;)

putin was desperate for those medals and desperate measures of poaching foreign talent to achieve this :kitty:
  • Options
    CarlLewisCarlLewis Posts: 6,236
    Forum Member
    Steveaki13 wrote: »
    Good finish to the cross country. A dream for Russia 1,2,3.

Awww now we have a gap and everything is winding down. :(

At least we have another dose of Paul Dickenson to look forward to!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CarlLewis wrote: »
    At least we have another dose of Paul Dickenson to look forward to!

I think the BBC should give Paul his own chat show. Call it "Oh My Goodness".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    On the red button they are focussing on a skier in last place still battling through the course miles back. He is really struggling. Real Olympic spirit and as good to watch as the winners in a way.
  • Options
    CarlLewisCarlLewis Posts: 6,236
    Forum Member
    The Net wrote: »
    I think the BBC should give Paul his own chat show. Call it "Oh My Goodness".

Be careful what you wish for.
  • Options
    Steveaki13Steveaki13 Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Net wrote: »
    On the red button they are focussing on a skier in last place still battling through the course miles back. He is really struggling. Real Olympic spirit and as good to watch as the winners in a way.

I agree completely. I assume the crowd are waiting for the flower presentation but nice that they all give him a cheer. He looked exhausted.