Cannot wait for the freezing cold to end.

FIFA1966FIFA1966 Posts: 1,101
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Honestly, my body feels like as if somebody shoved a banana in my mouth and I squirted out of my behind Sugar Puffed enriched ice cubes.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't understand a word of that:confused:
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where are you OP?. I know the north of Scotland has been cold, and there has been some storms, apart from a bit of wind in the south the weather hasn't been particularly bad this year.
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    Don't understand a word of that:confused:

He's cold.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tourista wrote: »
    He's cold.....

OK, we had snow here today, some buses were cancelled.
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Right now we have very heavy wind and rain (gales), plus it's very cold indeed (mind you the wind will always make it feel colder, it's blowing through my flat!)

South-west here, severe weather warnings are in place.
  • HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tourista wrote: »
    Where are you OP?. I know the north of Scotland has been cold, and there has been some storms, apart from a bit of wind in the south the weather hasn't been particularly bad this year.

The OP didn't say it had been 'particularly bad', just that he's cold.

I'm in the south, and for the last week the temperature has been hovering around the 0c mark, which is pretty bloody cold for humans.
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Freezing cold", get a grip.
  • Hut27Hut27 Posts: 1,673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hypnodisc wrote: »

I'm in the south, and for the last week the temperature has been hovering around the 0c mark, which is pretty bloody cold for humans.

We are nice and cosy in our little bungalow, 2000 litres of Oil in the tank, well insulated, System adjusted and balanced to the endth degree. Reserve heating and cooking arrangements in place in the event of a power cut.
    I quite like the cold weather:).
  • JB3JB3 Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    It's been quite mild down here, bit windy now and then, not much rain either.
  • I, CandyI, Candy Posts: 3,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Blimey. I'm in East Anglia, and right now the temperature is showing 10c. There must be some kind of micro-climate in your locality.
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FIFA1966 wrote: »
    Honestly, my body feels like as if somebody shoved a banana in my mouth and I squirted out of my behind Sugar Puffed enriched ice cubes.

Are you a wimp? Just curious. Winter hasn't really hit us at all at the moment.
  • LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We've only had one proper frost in Sussex so far this winter. It's been chilly, and windy, but not really cold.

It's peeing with rain now, and quiet mild.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,265
    Forum Member
    The cold doesn't bother me anyway.
  • HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I, Candy wrote: »
    Blimey. I'm in East Anglia, and right now the temperature is showing 10c. There must be some kind of micro-climate in your locality.

Granted it was a bit warmer last night (although I wouldn't have said it was as warm as 10c :o), but I did say for the last week it has been freezing.
  • JB3JB3 Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    Granted it was a bit warmer last night (although I wouldn't have said it was as warm as 10c :o), but I did say for the last week it has been freezing.
    I'm from the south too and I've only had to scrape frost off the car twice, so far this year.I'm out in the sticks too where it's usually colder than towns.
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm in the South and we've only had one frost. Average daytime temperature for the last week or so 6-10c. There's been a bit of a chilly wind some days but out of that it's quite mild. I even had to take my coat off walking back from the high street the other day cos I was too hot in my coat.
  • I, CandyI, Candy Posts: 3,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It might have nudged freezing a couple of times at night but it certainly couldn't be said to have been hovering around that point all week.
  • GeordiePaulGeordiePaul Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't say its been cold at all. I'm in Newcastle and so far this year I've only had to de-ice my car twice this year. Go back about 3 years or so it dipped to minus 15 on a number of occasions. Now THAT is cold.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FIFA1966 wrote: »

Perhaps you are confusing feeling cold with being high on drugs.
  • CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will soon warm up for Christmas to give yet another year without that horrible white stuff over the festive season. Santa will have to put some permanent wheels on his sleigh and replace the reindeer with a 16-litre diesel engine:D
  • netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every time my radiators come on my nose starts to run so yeah I'll be glad when the weather warms up a bit.
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't say its been cold at all. I'm in Newcastle and so far this year I've only had to de-ice my car twice this year. Go back about 3 years or so it dipped to minus 15 on a number of occasions. Now THAT is cold.

Bet you still didn't bother with a coat :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm moaning about it as well, 3 school runs a day on foot with icy pavements is no fun.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

According to the BBC weather forecast, it's 1dc here.
  • netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrstim wrote: »
    I'm moaning about it as well, 3 school runs a day on foot with icy pavements is no fun.

I hate icy pavements, it's not been cold enough here for ice yet but I'm sure it will be soon.