Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

I think Jack Carroll is the worst comedian to ever go on the show.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:22
JohnCurry
Forum Member

Jack's success will depend on his being able to find good material, because he doesn't have a naturally funny appearance like Tommy Cooper or Ken Dodd. He can make something of his disability (like Ronnie Corbett's jokes about his height) as long as he doesn't overdo it.
JohnCurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:34
SuperAPJ
Forum Member

The unoriginal and signposted one?
I don't get why people liked that joke so much. It was, to me at least, really obvious what was coming. I was also slightly irritated at him talking about Kim Jong-Un. A 14 year-old trying to do political satire...ugh.
SuperAPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:26
Hassaan13
Inactive Member

He's definitely not the worst comedian on the show though, that would go to Charlie from Series 2 although even he was better than a guy on Australia's Got Talent who stole his audition routine from other comedians. The judges made him write his own material for the semi-final and it was awful
I don't think he wrote many of his own material in the semi-final. His 'Robin Hood' quiver joke I had heard before, not sure about the others but the jokes were pretty poorly written. He's in Hollyoaks now.

I don't necessarily think Jack is the worst comedian to have been on BGT. He is practically better than all the others who didn't generate such a talking point about them (a positive one at that).
Hassaan13 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:36
grimtales1
Forum Member

I don't get why people liked that joke so much. It was, to me at least, really obvious what was coming. I was also slightly irritated at him talking about Kim Jong-Un. A 14 year-old trying to do political satire...ugh.
I agree the punchline was certainly obvious, but I still found it funny
grimtales1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:39
grimtales1
Forum Member

The unoriginal and signposted one?

Jack is the Joe Pasquale of BGT... and yes Pasquale won his show as well... and a marvelous boost to his career it was. That was unoriginal and signposted sarcasm from me.
I agree it was signposted and I could tell what was coming, but it was still funny - I laughed
grimtales1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:57
Mesostim
Forum Member

Apparently he wrote that himself? That incredibly common and well known joke... if simply changing the names to Simon Cowell and Kim Jong-Un counts as writing a joke yourself then pubs and forums across the land are packed with original comedy writers.
Mesostim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:59
Mesostim
Forum Member

I agree it was signposted and I could tell what was coming, but it was still funny - I laughed
Then the humour derived from peoples need for Simon to be made fun of rather than any comedic genius from Jack.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:08
Mesostim
Forum Member

I see Mesostim is in the audience tonight. Eeeeh when I see Mesostim I always think of Lenin. One is a brutal dictatorial left wing monster dedicated to the redistribution of the means of production and the removal of his enemies to punitive and hellish gulags... the other is Lenin.

I thank you... I am Mesostim... I'm a male model rocket scientist.
Old 17-07-2013, 08:48
Hassaan13
Inactive Member

For the record, Jack has read this thread going by his Twitter.
Hassaan13 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2013, 02:58
SuperAPJ
Forum Member

^ He says 'most of [the thread] is wrong'. From what I can see, most of the posts here are people giving their opinions. An opinion cannot be 'wrong'! There's a difference between saying "He's not funny" and "I don't find him funny", the latter which is along the lines of what most people have said and they are perfectly entitled to do so.
SuperAPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 00:38
benbenalen
Forum Member

I think he's rather good , given his age , writes his own stuff , doesn't swear or tell offensive jokes . There aren't many succesful ones who manage that these days , Peter Kay NE Eddie Izzard spring to mind .

I'd be very interested in knowing off the FOUR of you which comedians you each enjoy .
Never found Jack funny at all,

I like Michael Mcintyre, but he doesnt do that much anymore!
benbenalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 10:58
darkjedimaster
Forum Member

I'd rather have a show of Jack Carroll's than dancers or kiddie singers.
darkjedimaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 11:03
Grumpy_Alan
Forum Member

I'd rather have a show of Jack Carroll's than dancers or kiddie singers.

You must be very easily pleased.

Watching paint dry, or grass grow come to mind as more enthralling alternatives.
Grumpy_Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 16:38
Satnavvy
Forum Member

You must be very easily pleased.

Watching paint dry, or grass grow come to mind as more enthralling alternatives.
Now I'd vote for them over Jack
Satnavvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 23:01
priscilla
Forum Member

Never found him funny.
priscilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2014, 16:24
babyshez
Forum Member

I thought he was brilliant. He made me laugh a lot!
babyshez is offline   Reply With Quote