Options

New Marina and the Diamonds - The Electra Heart Era

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    Well she must have done something right because all the major stanbases on ATRL are slagging her off big time!

Bitches feeling threatened...haha!

HMV have dispatched my order, c'mon Royal Mail, make my dreams come true!

Really? Oh ATRL. Stay classy.

People are stanning hard for it on GagaDaily.

Fighting the urrrrrge. :cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm needing the delux in my life :sleep:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    Really? Oh ATRL. Stay classy.

People are stanning hard for it on GagaDaily.

Fighting the urrrrrge. :cry:

That place is just a hot mess of a forum.

GaGa fans seem to have really taken to Marina though.

I almost listened to "Teen Idle" yesterday but stopped myself, the hype for that song is crazy!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    That place is just a hot mess of a forum.

GaGa fans seem to have really taken to Marina though.

I almost listened to "Teen Idle" yesterday but stopped myself, the hype for that song is crazy!

It's not so bad, but it definitely has hot mess tendencies...on the regular. :p Anything looks civilised compared to the likes of Exhale though, I guess.

Yeah, I think they 'get' her more than other fanbases. Guess we're just accustomed to conceptual work and quirks. Lana Del Rey went down a storm, too.

I can't wait to hear it all. :cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just listened to about the first half of the album and it is just fantastic but then I realised Florence's new track has also leaked and had to listen to that.

Bubblegum Bitch is just brilliant, as is the studio version of Lies.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's not so bad, but it definitely has hot mess tendencies...on the regular. :p Anything looks civilised compared to the likes of Exhale though, I guess.

Yeah, I think they 'get' her more than other fanbases. Guess we're just accustomed to conceptual work and quirks. Lana Del Rey went down a storm, too.

I can't wait to hear it all. :cry:

Exhale is a mess because Brandon refuses to have it properly moderated and just allows it to be a mess. I think he wanted to create chaos amongst the fans so he could in effect "rule" them but it got totally out of hand and that forum is now just a rabid mess of a place.

I can totally see why GaGa fans have latched onto the "Electra Heart" era, its conceptual and the visuals are on point, the fashion and styling fit perfectly with the themes. For me Marina and Lana are the first popstars to really carry on what GaGa started and I can totally see why the Monsters have fallen for both of them.

What's surprised me over the last 24 hours is the way the Lana Del Rey fans have acted towards Marina, out of all the stanbases they have been the most vile towards Marina and the album. They've attacked her, the way she looks, calling her fat, attacking her voice, calling her a hypocrite etc. I don't see why they should feel "threatened" in any way by Electra Heart, sonically its nothing like BTD and even the imagery, despite being set in the sameish eras are very different. Both Marina and Lana have taken very different routes to get to their final albums and the comparisons have always baffled me. Its a shame because I love BTD and I'm pretty sure the casual music listener won't find too many comparisons between either album and the girls clearly admire each other, both tweet each other.

The funniest thing I have seen have been the Pixie Lott fans attacking Marina's voice...really!?

I genuinely cannot wait to see where this album takes Marina, the overally response seems to be very positive, hopefully things start to move for Marina. I just need this album in my life, hurry up!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A 3* review from The Guardian mostly full of back handed compliments: http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/apr/26/marina-diamonds-electra-heart-review
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lumiere wrote: »
    A 3* review from The Guardian mostly full of back handed compliments: http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/apr/26/marina-diamonds-electra-heart-review

The face of the reviewer says everything lmao.

However, the first few times I listened to The Family Jewels, I was thinking WTF? HUH? WHA?

He probs only listened to it once or twice anyway. Go figure.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wow the BBC have given it a really good review:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/reviews/fbrj

If I remember correctly their review of TFJ was not nice at all, despite only just placing her 2nd on their Sound list.
  • Options
    TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    Ok, I shamefully listened to EH. Omfgloveitsomuch.

The Family Jewels was the first album where I've loved every single song. Electra Heart is the second song where I've loved every song. Marina, Y U SO FLAWLESS?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My album arrived today, its simply amazing. Marina is the perfect pop star.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like it. It's no 'Family Jewels', but I don't think she'll ever top that IMO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say its better than Family Jewels, her amazing vocals are much better presented and the lyrics are so gripping, especially in Lies. Agree to disagree I guess.
  • Options
    johnboybetterjohnboybetter Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She performed on Graham Norton last night, was a good performance!
  • Options
    McdigestiveMcdigestive Posts: 830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I pre-ordered with HMV but mine hasn't arrived today :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I pre-ordered with HMV but mine hasn't arrived today :(

Same, HMV have failed me once again! I've only ever ordered from them once before and that was for Lady GaGa's BTW and that arrived on the Monday too.

Always deliver early my arse! :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should have gone with Play.com... *gloats*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    James__B wrote: »
    Should have gone with Play.com... *gloats*

I know, but I wanted the signed copy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have never been let down by HMV for a Saturday arrival (well I was let down when I ordered born this way but apparently there was some halt with ALL hmv shippings then) so this is the second time. We'll get it Monday though :)
  • Options
    spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first half of the album is more instant but it's the last 4 songs that really do it for me Teen Idle/Valley of The Dolls/Hypocrates/Fear and Loathing. I keep coming back to those 4.

The Deluxe tracks are brilliant too. Lonely Hearts Club should've been on the main album. Buy The Stars is also amazing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are Primadonna and Radioactive any different from the single versions?
  • Options
    spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are Primadonna and Radioactive any different from the single versions?

I don't think so.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://unrealityshout.com/blogs/album-review-marina-the-diamonds-electra-heart

Reviewed the album here. Some controversial opinions but nothing unjustified. Would be nice to hear what people think of 'Living Dead' - to me that's the worst track.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer the demo of Living Dead to the album version but its still good. I can't really name a worst track really, they are all amazing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I heard Electra Heart for the first time yesterday and have to say there are quite a lot of songs on there that I do like, but I noticed as well that there were a few which I immediately considered as album fillers because they don't really fit into the order that they're in now.

Did somebody have the same feeling? :)

:)