The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 8)

Comments

• Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »
    I like her but the two singles I have heard from the fortcoming album are "nothing" songs to me and a complete waste of her potential.

WTF. They're hardly nothing songs...:yawn:
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »

That's not me, silly...it's from Buzzjack. But it's the public and we need to listen to them.
  • ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member

LOOOOOOOL you edited that

YOUR FIRST RESPONSE WAS BETTER

letting him know! :eek:
    Forum Member
    Thing is, they will buy Cheryl's music. I can guarantee it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thing is, they will buy Cheryl's music. I can guarantee it.

OK NOW it's time.....can you just shut up about Cheryl now. She is irrelevant in this thread, and seeing you going on about her 'perfect campaign' and how she is 'outperforming Alexandra' is really really annoying now....

And rubbishing Elephant and Let It Go is ridiculous when you were calling them smashes just a few weeks ago. Now that Alexandra is flopping you are trashing her. If that's how you feel go and listen to Cheryl's stuff. :sleep:
    Forum Member
    OK NOW it's time.....can you just shut up about Cheryl now. She is irrelevant in this thread, and seeing you going on about her 'perfect campaign' and how she is 'outperforming Alexandra' is really really annoying now....

And rubbishing Elephant and Let It Go is ridiculous when you were calling them smashes just a few weeks ago. Now that Alexandra is flopping you are trashing her. If that's how you feel go and listen to Cheryl's stuff. :sleep:

[2]

!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Rob200696Rob200696 Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I say we all buy it off amazon, 7digitial,hmv,play,iTunes and then hopefully it will have more sales
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know what they're going to do regarding future singles, but RCA have put a lot into this album so there's no way they'll only release one more...I'd say they'll be two more, and the next ones needs to be Between The Sheets. They need to avoid releasing Fire or any of the dance tracks. If Let It Go and Elephant didn't grab the public's attention then neither will Fire or the other dance tracks as they're all in a similar vein to one another. Plus, the public are starting to cotton onto the fact that lately there's so many of the same formulaic dance/pop tracks...dance/pop is slowly on its way out. Unless for example it's a track by someone like Cheryl Cole...the marketing for Call My Name was done brilliantly. Alex needs to save the dance tracks for Europe, but the UK she needs to release Between The Sheets and maybe Daylight Robbery. She's going to have the radio issue once again with single 3, but I think releasing one of these two tracks will give her more of a chance of getting played than if she goes for another dance track. I mean let's be honest, nothing is going to save this era...she's getting no radio play and has a lot of haters. I think now RCA need to think about damage limitation...let her hopefully get the number one album and then she can just ride this era out and finish it off steadily before heading to the U.S early next year. For all we know, in 4 years time we might look back and see some good has come of this situation...if she was doing really well in the U.K, then she'd probably only spend a bit of time in the U.S as the label would want her back here, whereas now she can actually go over and spend a decent amount of time in the U.S.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    Guys calm down, everyone is a bit frustrated with the way things are going that's all...look at the upside the album is doing well on pre-orders, the least is a top ten but there is very much hope for a number 1 or 2 album (possibly behind Kaiser chiefs)...so keep calm and carry on folks!
    Forum Member
    I don't know what they're going to do regarding future singles, but RCA have put a lot into this album so there's no way they'll only release one more...I'd say they'll be two more, and the next ones needs to be Between The Sheets. They need to avoid releasing Fire or any of the dance tracks. If Let It Go and Elephant didn't grab the public's attention then neither will Fire or the other dance tracks as they're all in a similar vein to one another. Plus, the public are starting to cotton onto the fact that lately there's so many of the same formulaic dance/pop tracks...dance/pop is slowly on its way out. Unless for example it's a track by someone like Cheryl Cole...the marketing for Call My Name was done brilliantly. Alex needs to save the dance tracks for Europe, but the UK she needs to release Between The Sheets and maybe Daylight Robbery. She's going to have the radio issue once again with single 3, but I think releasing one of these two tracks will give her more of a chance of getting played than if she goes for another dance track. I mean let's be honest, nothing is going to save this era...she's getting no radio play and has a lot of haters. I think now RCA need to think about damage limitation...let her hopefully get the number one album and then she can just ride this era out and finish it off steadily before heading to the U.S early next year. For all we know, in 4 years time we might look back and see some good has come of this situation...if she was doing really well in the U.K, then she'd probably only spend a bit of time in the U.S as the label would want her back here, whereas now she can actually go over and spend a decent amount of time in the U.S.

agreed!
    Forum Member
    Shoed wrote: »
    Oh No

I forgot to tell you guys!

Someone who I speak to on another forum told me she had a different stylist for the album shoot ... It was a graduate from a University, he also posted saying Alex usually looks like a mess with her current stylist and he was glad about the positive feedback he got from her shoot he did.

He did LIG single cover and HOH cover and outtakes so I'm guessing it was done on the same day/time.

I hope that guys gets to work with her more in the future, clearly knows what he is doing (as opposed to mr bailey :( )
    Forum Member

I'm not. I'm showing you all what people are saying. We need to see it to help Alex. I like the music, but a lot don't. Alex needs to get those radios and the public on board. I'm being honest. It has nothing to do with the flop. I didn't like the Elephant choreo, we all said it when it premiered at Shepherd's Bush. It was lackluster. She is not irrelevant as she is competition. And when the public start comparing them...it is not a good situation. I'm not rubbishing the songs at all. They are smashes, but I want to show you all what everyone else outside the core base is saying. Because it's bloody important.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great post and pretty much sums up how I feel about Alex. I want to buy an Alexandra Burke album, I like her but the two singles I have heard from the fortcoming album are "nothing" songs to me and a complete waste of her potential. They could by any random dance act you choose to mention. Background Music on Kiss fm when you're doing the cleaning.

• Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Going back to the issue with promo for Let It Go...I don't think it's Char's or the managements fault. I think it comes down to the fact that Alex is seen as "uncool". The Voice for example are not going to want Alex on the show when they know that someone like Cheryl Cole will bring in more viewers...what I'm trying to say is that there are artists out there who are more popular than Alex and seen as more "cool" than Alex. As for BGT...Alex is nothing to Simon anymore...the only reason she still has ties with him is so that he can make a cut of the money. He's moved on and has more important people to think about...I doubt he even considered her to perform on BGT. The fact of the matter is, Alex not getting any decent promo is down to these shows not wanting her, not her management not doing anything about it. Her management are to blame for a hell of a lot of other stuff, but promo I don't think is there fault. The public need to like her, but I don't even know what RCA could do to sort that. If the U.S works out and she cracks it, everything will fall into place...she won't even need Jermaine or any other boyfriend because Capital will be up her arse instead of him. It's U.S, U.S, U.S all the way now hopefully.
    Forum Member
    It will be interesting to see what fans stick around while Alex is on the fall :) I will be here until the day she gets dropped (if it comes to that)

but I know A LOT will dissapear
    Forum Member
    LOOOOOOOL you edited that

YOUR FIRST RESPONSE WAS BETTER

letting him know! :eek:

I saw what he said. And I got the message. But Alex needs to be careful. There's a reason Beyonce's father was ruthless. Black artists have it hard, and any weaknesses will be blown up, see Mj and Whitney. Alex needs to be perfect all the time. She needs to look, talk and sound right. I'm not looking at the situation as a fan, as my copy will be here late next week. I'm taking the advice of one of the music forum posters. I'm being objective. I get radio are being shady, but her wardrobe and all....the team need to be spoken to, by RCA. The bosses. Either fix up and work harder or your sacked. I have looked at everything now, and there are gaping holes in it. We wanna deny it, but we can't.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will be interesting to see what fans stick around while Alex is on the fall :) I will be here until the day she gets dropped (if it comes to that)

G4L...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going back to the issue with promo for Let It Go...I don't think it's Char's or the managements fault. I think it comes down to the fact that Alex is seen as "uncool". The Voice for example are not going to want Alex on the show when they know that someone like Cheryl Cole will bring in more viewers...what I'm trying to say is that there are artists out there who are more popular than Alex and seen as more "cool" than Alex. As for BGT...Alex is nothing to Simon anymore...the only reason she still has ties with him is so that he can make a cut of the money. He's moved on and has more important people to think about...I doubt he even considered her to perform on BGT. The fact of the matter is, Alex not getting any decent promo is down to these shows not wanting her, not her management not doing anything about it. Her management are to blame for a hell of a lot of other stuff, but promo I don't think is there fault. The public need to like her, but I don't even know what RCA could do to sort that. If the U.S works out and she cracks it, everything will fall into place...she won't even need Jermaine or any other boyfriend because Capital will be up her arse instead of him. It's U.S, U.S, U.S all the way now hopefully.

YES YES YES. (Bangs hand several times on the table) YES!
    Forum Member

I disagreed with their opinion. But it's an opinion, this album is meant to be turned up, but they don't see it as that. Look: http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=140872&st=280 It's not my opinion.
  • soulmusicsoulmusic Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As far as I am concerned Alex is for life not just for Christmas (I say the same about Leona), Alex will never fail in my eyes.
    Forum Member

They already have. There used to be a lot of fans on other forums. Are you talkin' bout moi? :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulmusic wrote: »
    As far as I am concerned Alex is for life not just for Christmas (I say the same about Leona), Alex will never fail in my eyes.

Same. When I voted for those 2 to win (several times) I MEANT it.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I'll be here despite anything. Maybe she can go into the acting field if all doesn't work out.
    Forum Member
    soulmusic wrote: »

I'll always buy their albums, but when they're not getting anything and Rih is, with a fraction of the talent, things have to be done. Get a flawless album. Get the promo, image, music, choreo, international plans perfect. It made Adele.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 272
    Forum Member

I'll always support Alex!!!
This discussion has been closed.