Matt Cardle Dropped?

Comments

• Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gill P wrote: »
    Joe is doing OK though! Back into the studio tomorrow as he is in the throes of recording his fourth album! A lot of new material on there apparently - some written by him.

Is it a coincidence he is now well out of the way of Syco?

;)
  • Shannon_BurnettShannon_Burnett Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    Joe is doing OK though! Back into the studio tomorrow as he is in the throes of recording his fourth album! A lot of new material on there apparently - some written by him.

Many people don't realise that Joe sold more records last year than Matt!
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there some sort of forum rule that states that every thread about Matt needs to contain unfunny insults about him classed as 'humour', and digs at the Matt AT? This all makes for very familiar, repetitive reading.

Anyway, I would echo people who are speculating that Matt is more likely to have been dropped than to have walked. I can't imagine anyone in their right mind would walk away from a label like Columbia without securing something else first, and as someone who is quietly invested in how Matt does (because despite some dodgy post-XF direction, he is one of the best singers to have come from the show) I would really like his management to clear up the rumours that are flying around. The fact that they haven't yet is kind of indicative of some wider issues, and I do hope we see some good news soon.
  • i_am_a_gremlini_am_a_gremlin Posts: 3,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »
    Is there some sort of forum rule that states that every thread about Matt needs to contain unfunny insults about him classed as 'humour', and digs at the Matt AT? This all makes for very familiar, repetitive reading.

Anyway, I would echo people who are speculating that Matt is more likely to have been dropped than to have walked. I can't imagine anyone in their right mind would walk away from a label like Columbia without securing something else first, and as someone who is quietly invested in how Matt does (because despite some dodgy post-XF direction, he is one of the best singers to have come from the show) I would really like his management to clear up the rumours that are flying around. The fact that they haven't yet is kind of indicative of some wider issues, and I do hope we see some good news soon.

where exactly was the AT thread mentioned?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    where exactly was the AT thread mentioned?

Post 28.
    Forum Member
    Post 28.

What exactly is the problem though? I've never even looked at the Cardle AT until now but the person who mentioned it is correct! People posting about hands and unspecified "other things" twitching when Matt wears his hair a certain way. :o

Obviously the music is secondary to many of his diehard fans, just as was posted.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What exactly is the problem though? I've never even looked at the Cardle AT until now but the person who mentioned it is correct! People posting about hands and unspecified "other things" twitching when Matt wears his hair a certain way. :o

Obviously the music is secondary to many of his diehard fans, just as was posted.

Because we're meant to be discussing the fact that Matt has potentially be dropped, not baiting his AT. If people want to do that, set up a new thread... except wait, that wouldn't happen, because it'd be a bit more blatant then what's happening.

I don't post on the Matt AT but i think bringing them into this, and so many other threads about Matt (because yes, this has happened before) is really unnecessary.
    Forum Member
    Because we're meant to be discussing the fact that Matt has potentially be dropped, not baiting his AT. If people want to do that, set up a new thread... except wait, that wouldn't happen, because it'd be a bit more blatant then what's happening.

I don't post on the Matt AT but i think bringing them into this, and so many other threads about Matt (because yes, this has happened before) is really unnecessary.

Oh please. What follows is the discussion you are labeling as "baiting":
    twingle wrote: »
    That's because of the demograph. It is the young ones that lap up merchandise like there is no tomorrow. Matt fans wouldn't want his bedding or posters all over their walls. At least I think they wouldn't :eek:
    I think you might be surprised there.
    imrightok wrote: »
    Agreed. Just look at the appreciation thread, its all about photo shoots, topless shoots and how good he looked in this or that particular photo shoot. Oh, and there it is a few post about his music.

It's hardly baiting. Anyone who cares to look can see that the last poster quoted is simply backing up their opinion by citing an example. It's not even expressed negatively. And it's definitely true!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh please. What follows is the discussion you are labeling as "baiting":

It's hardly baiting. Anyone who cares to look can see that the last poster quoted is simply backing up their opinion by citing an example. It's not even expressed negatively. And it's definitely true!

It's giving an example by having a subtle dig. And as I've said before, it happens in the majority of topics about Matt these days - although not normally that subtly, tbf. Maybe I'm on my own but I feel like the ATs should be kept out of MT discussions. And as I feel like this topic has now fully been derailed by our conversation, that's the last thing I can be bothered to say about this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's giving an example by having a subtle dig. And as I've said before, it happens in the majority of topics about Matt these days - although not normally that subtly, tbf. Maybe I'm on my own but I feel like the ATs should be kept out of MT discussions. And as I feel like this topic has now fully been derailed by our conversation, that's the last thing I can be bothered to say about this.

oh for goodness sake...get a grip!

what is it with all this rubbish about the AT? Matt got dropped because he is rubbish. If people cant accept that and throw their toys out of their pram then its not the fault of this thread.

If the AT member do not like what they are reading in this topic then stay out of it.

I for one will not refrain from saying how cr*p Cardle is for fear of upsetting anyone, I am after all, entitled to my opinion
  • greengrangreengran Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

what is it with all this rubbish about the AT? Matt got dropped because he is rubbish. If people cant accept that and throw their toys out of their pram then its not the fault of this thread.

If the AT member do not like what they are reading in this topic then stay out of it.

I for one will not refrain from saying how cr*p Cardle is for fear of upsetting anyone, I am after all, entitled to my opinion

What he said ^^^^^^^:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Bit awkward. :confused:

Anyway, to get this back on track, Matt has tweeted this:

Matt Cardle‏@matt_cardle_uk
    I have parted ways with columbia records, we were heading in different directions, big news coming soon.... So excited! : ) love you all xx

Will be interested to see who he's signed with (if he has been, that is, though the 'big news' suggests he is.)
  • MrIncredibleMrIncredible Posts: 5,034
    Forum Member
    Bit awkward. :confused:

Anyway, to get this back on track, Matt has tweeted this:

Matt Cardle‏@matt_cardle_uk
    I have parted ways with columbia records, we were heading in different directions, big news coming soon.... So excited! : ) love you all xx

Will be interested to see who he's signed with (if he has been, that is, though the 'big news' suggests he is.

I wonder if Aldi have a record label?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if Aldi have a record label?

Well, Tesco did, right? I think Nadine Coyle was signed to it. :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

what classics is he ruining this time? ;)
    Forum Member

Well said.

And Matt himself has now confirmed the 'parting of ways' with Columbia via Twitter.

A lot of time, money, and effort was put into launching his career and obviously the public was not impressed and the label have decided to cut their losses.

Despite, according to some of his fans, him being one of Columbia's "biggest earners." :D:D:D

Denial much?
  • MrIncredibleMrIncredible Posts: 5,034
    Forum Member
    Well said.

And Matt himself has now confirmed the 'parting of ways' with Columbia via Twitter.

A lot of time, money, and effort was out into launching his career and obviously the public was not impressed and the label have decided to cut their losses.

Despite, according to some of his fans, him being one of Columbia's "biggest earners." :D:D:D

Denial much?

How was he one of their biggest earners?

Off the top of my head they have both Adele and One Direction on their books. I reckon those acts might be a tad more profitable than Matt Credible.
    Forum Member
    How was he one of their biggest earners?

Off the top of my head they have both Adele and One Direction on their books. I reckon those acts might be a tad more profitable than Matt Credible.

I know. In the words of a friend of mine just now:

"What are they smoking? Do they not get that music is a business? Record companies do not dump one of their highest selling artists. They make very nice with them and give them cars and trips on top of new contracts." :D
  • barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    Matter of time really.
  • paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt isn't main stream pop, that's his problem. His album wasn't great but not bad for a first attempt. I think he'd rather gig around doing the music he likes than churn out chart topping stuff that he doesn't.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know. In the words of a friend of mine just now:

"What are they smoking? Do they not get that music is a business? Record companies do not dump one of their highest selling artists. They make very nice with them and give them cars and trips on top of new contracts." :D

spot on!

There is no "Matt walking away from Columbia"....he was dumped for being rubbish...no ifs buts or maybes
  • Gavin_MartinGavin_Martin Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i believe simon wanted 1D to win not matt
    Forum Member
    i believe simon wanted 1D to win not matt

Looking at how well they are doing compared to Matt, who can blame him?:)
  • Gavin_MartinGavin_Martin Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i don't blame matt winning at all it's the people at home who voted for him and did not buy his records Shannon
    Forum Member
    i don't blame matt winning at all it's the people at home who voted for him and did not buy his records Shannon

I agree Gavin, his fan base has turned out to be too small, it's simple really.
This discussion has been closed.