fast and furious 7, the best yet!

big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
Forum Member
✭✭
Just got back from the cinema and must say I loved every minute of it and even shed a tear.

What has everyone else thought?

Comments

• asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed it , totally over the top some of the scenes but it's a time killer and the ending was a wonderful goodbye .
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tokyo Drift's my favorite, the films are total nonsense but I do enjoy them.
    Forum Member
    Talking of Tokyo Drift ; it was funny how a character aged about 10 years in a race . they should of never of shown that scene as it looked stupid :
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Lol, have to agree - Showing the old scene and the new scene it was perfectly obvious that Lucas Black had aged a fair bit. How old was he supposed to be in Tokyo Drift? 15/16? He had a noticeable receding hairline in the new scene!

That being said, it was great to see him. Tokyo Drift is one of my favourite F&F movies, and safe to say we'll be seeing more of him going forward.

Re 7, loved it. Batsh1t crazy obviously, but anyone who's ever seen a F&F movie before will know what to expect.

The final 5 minutes. Perfect. For a series all about the action, and the OTT, and being 'in your face',
    the beach scene, the montage, the side by side drive, the pull back as they go their separate ways and the 'For Paul'
    - perfect.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Do not think that it is the best fast and furious. Could be better.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    asyousay wrote: »
    Talking of Tokyo Drift ; it was funny how a character aged about 10 years in a race . they should of never of shown that scene as it looked stupid :

As opposed to the rest of it that is so realistic?
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was crying nearly at 3 points. The first convoy when she said she was pregnant, the phone conversation with him and the end 5 mins.
  • beatrice39beatrice39 Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dunno, I thought not as good as the previous two. The action was good, but it didn't feel like a story. I don't care about whether the plot works or not, obviously that isn't why you watch the film, but it just felt like we watched five action segments and those segments were totally unrelated to each other.

I also found myself, 2/3's of the way in, a little bored. After the team finished their business in the middle east and needed to do more stuff back home, that bit was particularly boring. The action scenes were good, nothing great though. The fight scenes were good, again though, it didn't feel special because we've already seen Vin Disel against the Rock. Nothing can come close to that. Overall its probably a 6. It isn't that great, not that bad, but it'll do well in box office because of Paul Walkers passing.

A note on the actors, I thought Jason Statham was excellent and the scenes with Tyrese Gibson were genuinely funny and well written.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Totally over the top action - pointless story - 30 mins too long......but I still enjoyed this nonsense.:o
  • PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,419
    Forum Member
    Definitely my favourite one I think.. Action was amazing.

Ending was so sad :( Was really fighting back the tears in the cinema
  • gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The trailer looks immense
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    beatrice39 wrote: »
    I dunno, I thought not as good as the previous two. The action was good, but it didn't feel like a story. I don't care about whether the plot works or not, obviously that isn't why you watch the film, but it just felt like we watched five action segments and those segments were totally unrelated to each other.

I also found myself, 2/3's of the way in, a little bored. After the team finished their business in the middle east and needed to do more stuff back home, that bit was particularly boring. The action scenes were good, nothing great though. The fight scenes were good, again though, it didn't feel special because we've already seen Vin Disel against the Rock. Nothing can come close to that. Overall its probably a 6. It isn't that great, not that bad, but it'll do well in box office because of Paul Walkers passing.

A note on the actors, I thought Jason Statham was excellent and the scenes with Tyrese Gibson were genuinely funny and well written.

I agree about the tyrese Gibson scenes, they were brilliant and I liked the Jason statham stealth mode, he is one bad ass mofo
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    Best box-office too, according to reports.

An estimated $144m (US) & $240m (Int.) equals a rather jaw-dropping $384m global weekend, the 4th highest ever.

Vroom vroom!
  • Nick_DKNick_DK Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Garblad6 wrote: »
    Do not think that it is the best fast and furious. Could be better.

I still think Fast 5 is the highlight of the series.

Only negative I have is it is 20mins too long. But I still really enjoyed it. I'd give it a very good 8/10. Thought the ending was perfect for what it had to do.
    Vin confirmed Fast 8 will be in New York and with Statham at the end I think he'll play a part in future movies.
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed FF7 as it was totally mental but I felt that they didn't make the most of Jason Statham although I did enjoy his fight with The Rock!

Also I felt like The Rock was hardly in the film

Does anyone know if a 8th film has been confirmed? As I've read that it won't happen but also that it will happen.I was half expecting an end credit scene but I guess they didn't want to do one after the Paul Walker tribute!
    Forum Member
    Vin has said that there will be a 8 set in new York
  • necromancer20necromancer20 Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    Also I felt like The Rock was hardly in the film

But when he was on screen, it was epic. I'm glad they didn't overuse him just for the sake of him being The Rock. He had his moments to shine.
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    He was also filming Hercules at the same time, hence his reduced screen time in 7.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

behave. it was a brilliant scene for fans of the series. TD is loved and so is lucas black. i was just gutted he didnt join the team. still the director using the same music as used at start of TD was a brilliant touch.

i love these lil nods to the past like race wars, hector and when brian drove under truck and shouted "old school"
    Tokyo Drift's my favorite, the films are total nonsense but I do enjoy them.

it is briliant, hahns car is still my favourite, that or brians various skylines.
    Best box-office too, according to reports.

An estimated $144m (US) & $240m (Int.) equals a rather jaw-dropping $384m global weekend, the 4th highest ever.

Vroom vroom!

roll on number 8! i remember when i was just thankful we got the reunion film in 2009
    Vin has said that there will be a 8 set in new York

can already picture the crazy car chases on streets of big apple.
    But when he was on screen, it was epic. I'm glad they didn't overuse him just for the sake of him being The Rock. He had his moments to shine.

agreed on the not over using him

overall i loved it, wouldnt say its the best, thats still between 1,3 and 5 for me i guess. but it was still great enjoyment and will be great upon rewatch too

gotta finish with the ending though. say what you want about the genre,franchise etc but that finale was a brilliant tribute to paul walker and his character brian o conner. i had to keep gulping to avoid crying and when i got out of the cinema i have never seen so many grown men looking sad. it was powerful stuff, bravo to vin diesel,the rest of cast and director james wan

RIP Paul Walker once and for all.
  • kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    What a beautiful, poignant and heart breaking ending. I was in floods of tears and the raw emotion of those last scenes from the rest of the cast was utterly heart wrenching.

A stunning tribute.
  • Slarti BartfastSlarti Bartfast Posts: 6,607
    Forum Member
    It's not the kind of film I'd choose myself, and it felt at least half an hour too long, but I'm sure for people who love crazy OTT action this film will hit the mark.

I've only seen 6 and 7 so no idea whether this is "the best". The ending/tribute was well done and I'm a bit baffled as to which scenes contained a real Paul Walker. I didn't expect him to be in it much.
  • pubeypubey Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    kitty86 wrote: »
    What a beautiful, poignant and heart breaking ending. I was in floods of tears and the raw emotion of those last scenes from the rest of the cast was utterly heart wrenching.

A stunning tribute.

completely agree.
    I completely lost it when the camera pulled back and the cars went down separate roads. Don't think I've ever cried in the cinema before.
  • Los_TributosLos_Tributos Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with others that the last two were better, I felt that this one missed The Rock, though he was epic in the few scenes he was in.

I felt myself really trying to see which scenes were shot after Walker's death, I think the effects guys did a good job.

A nice send off for him, just a shame they couldn't have let the series end too.
  • The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enjoyable with a sad but fitting ending but please god let this be the last one.
  • AsarualimAsarualim Posts: 3,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I preferred 6, but I enjoyed 7 too, though they did seem to spend too much time making all the story fit and referencing the previous films (for the hardcore fans I guess). I did think it was a nice tribute to Paul Walker though, some very touching, poignant moments for what is essentially a balls out action series.