Options

Falling Skies Season 4 (US PACE)

I didn't see a thread for this, so apologies if so. This is the trailer for the new series....what do we all think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk0g2OR9H50

Comments

• Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Hard to know what to say, considering how bad season 3 was. Hope the new showrunner is taking notice of what the fans (don't) want.

Who is the new blonde woman?
  • Options
    kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks good. Of course my worry is after season three that the trailer contains ALL of the good bits for the entire season.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Hard to know what to say, considering how bad season 3 was. Hope the new showrunner is taking notice of what the fans (don't) want.

Who is the new blonde woman?

I thought for some reason the blonde woman was tom's baby that ages quickly
  • Options
    radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just going to wipe season 3 from my mind.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm Not a good start IMO.

I was hoping the initial fight was a dream as it peed me off they walked all that way and suddenly are attacked and split up for the sake of the story. Seemed to come out of no where.

We now have quasi religious rubbish with the 'starchild' and nazi analogy stuff with the re education camps.

Not sure what it is but everything just seems to be so small for such a big situation.

Seems a waste of good FX budget.
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Hmm Not a good start IMO.
    You've watched the first episode of Season 4 (which isn't out till the 22nd) already? :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    You've watched the first episode of Season 4 (which isn't out till the 22nd) already? :o

Opps thought it was shown at US Pace, must be a preview web release. Will ask for my post to be spoilered.

Edit: Post is now in spoilers, only read if you have seen the first episode or don't mind knowing about it before the US showing.
  • Options
    F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Season 3 was odd. Season 1 was alright, season 2 was much better then season 3 went backwards. Thankfully it had much less of the older son in it which was a bonus I guess but i seem to recall myself being annoyed when Tom was always venturing out on his tod and getting stranded. One of y biggest pet peeves was how in the space of the gap bettwen the finale and episode before it, they found a train that happened to be working and operated it across the country without being seen while a ship sailed into the alien hub again, without being seen yet the entire 3 seasons prior to this whenever someone would set foot outside the camp it seemed MechAliens were all over them like a rash, so where were they when the train and ship were journeying into the heart of the operation?
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    great to have it back but defn need a rewatch as the 3-way split left me all confused. If the new-aliens dropped fences and cornered off a bunch of guys, then wouldn't there be just 2 splits - those inside and those outside. So why've we got the ghetto-insders, the resistance-lets-get-our-guys-outisders and the alien/human created sanctuary town some place else ?
    Maybe ep2 will give us more of what happened during the time-skipped part but at the mo I'm not sure I like having them all split up. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Opps thought it was shown at US Pace, must be a preview web release.
    It is US pace, there must have been an advanced screening for some reason though. I've just found and watched it too, though it still isn't officially released until ... Thursday (I think)

Anyway, to review; weird episode. Without giving much away (not that there's a whole lot to give away at this point) the Volm apparently aren't as superior a force as we were first led to believe; they're fighting the Espheni but from what I got out of that episode, they're on the losing side.

I also question the intelligence of the Volm if they had only one secret location/base (that the Espheni found). Surely such an intelligent species would have multiple? I'm also perplexed by the fact that initially, the Volm were technologically superior, and now, they just don't appear to be.

As for the Espheni;
    it would seem they're trying to turn us into a bunch of religious nuts who believe in them. Maybe they're trying to turn humanity (our children at least) into soldiers to further their fight against the Volm?
    As stated already, S04E01 left a lot to be desired.

PS: Alexis (Tom an Annie's child) is nuts, though no doubt has supernatural powers of some description.
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Starts next month on Fox I read just now I can wait that long so at least won't have to DL this to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Starts next month on Fox I read just now I can wait that long so at least won't have to DL this to.
    with the Summer series all (ish) yet to begin what else is there to DL ? (allegedly:blush:)
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me Continuum & Defiance
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me Continuum & Defiance
    Defiance this Friday :p And you seen the mini-eps that bridge s1+s2 which follow his search for his missing daughter, right ?! I used to be a fan of Continuum until the last couple of wftisgoingon/wait..what?! eps but Covert Affairs restarts soon so :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it just me who expects more from this series?

I'm not sure what it is but I just dislike stories about being captured and escaping, captured and escaping all the time.

I also get the feeling that we don't see the aliens that often for the sake of the FX budget, so storylines are written with that in mind, other wise we would be having more stories about the aliens interacting with us.

It just feels like a poor mans War of the Worlds.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^I just want to see Sarah with an Uzi again :)
  • Options
    StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that was truly awful :(

Not sure if the below really needs spoiling, but anyway.
    It's like they've given up on Falling Skies, pitched another even worse show, been told NO but made it anyway by keeping the name and shoe-horned in the characters , giving most of them a personality change along the way - an almost 'AU' Falling Skies.
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it turns in "interesting" ways this does, and it almost becomes unwatchable sometimes, but i still stick with it
  • Options
    hendollhendoll Posts: 5,646
    Forum Member
    Sooo...... we now have Tom as GhettoMan superhero, yet more inevitable Speilberg Nazi references, Dr Terrible Actress turned tough military commander and daughter running a wee paradise a la Logan's Run. There's not even any 'so bad it's good' sense about it any more. It's just terrible. Really really awful shite.
  • Options
    StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hendoll wrote: »
    Sooo...... we now have Tom as GhettoMan superhero, yet more inevitable Speilberg Nazi references, Dr Terrible Actress turned tough military commander and daughter running a wee paradise a la Logan's Run. There's not even any 'so bad it's good' sense about it any more. It's just terrible. Really really awful shite.

I think you're being too kind:D
  • Options
    radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hendoll wrote: »

Episode 1 of season 4 is the last for me. I've stuck with it through thick and thin (lots of thin) but yet another reset button and more unexplained nonsense, is the final straw for me.

Goodbye Falling Skies.>:(:(
  • Options
    dillandillan Posts: 2,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is even going on in this show right now? I'm so confused.

The beautiful Drew Roy is the only reason why I'm still watching it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I suspect this will be the final season. The four episodes of this season just haven't really done anything for me, and it would need a serious rescue. Don't think that's on the cards anymore. Bye Bye Noah!
  • Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Only seems link yesterday that I was watching the pilot episode, and then the first season. A good show. The second year was even better.

Now, I don't know what to make of it. The first couple of episodes this year have been absolute sh1te. I know they expanded this season by a couple of episodes but they might as well have bothered as they've already wasted two.

This season needs to get back on-track. Sharpish.
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    I liked seasons 1 and 2, but 3 was dreadful. I've got the episodes but can't bring myself to even watch them right now :(