Options

BBC NEWS 6:55am

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
Forum Member
They've just played the Christian Bale rant - but did not bleep out the F word - some one's going to be in trouble...............

D

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    But they actually said before it, those with sensitive ears should cover them now! What were they going to do???:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tee-hee. I saw that too.
    Perhaps whoever was responsible will be headhunted by ITV to do their football coverage.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    That did make me laugh!! Someone is getting a b*ll*cking I should imagine.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    E3 2NN wrote: »
    But they actually said before it, those with sensitive ears should cover them now! What were they going to do???:confused:

Remember to use the bleeper. :eek:

Very funny though, but not for the bleeper button person who works at the Beeb who will now no doubt be joining the nations unemployed, or for the people who where sat down eating breakfast with the kiddies. I know what the Daily Heil's front page is going to be tommorow.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    They were going to do what they did at 630 and bleep out all the swearing.Susanah couldnot apologise enough,would rather have listened to what was happening in the studio than cut to my local news broadcast.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the newsreaders looked ***ing furious!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    andy1886 wrote: »
    They were going to do what they did at 630 and bleep out all the swearing.Susanah couldnot apologise enough,would rather have listened to what was happening in the studio than cut to my local news broadcast.

Oh come on, surely the local northern news is just 5 minutes of laughing at us southerners not being able to cope with a little bit of snow at the moment. I bet its just benny Hill music over the top of footage of londoners slipping up on the ice or trying to get their cars out of an inch of snow. :D
  • Options
    codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,684
    Forum Member
    Yes yes this is clearly the worst thing that's ever happened, lets overreact shall we? :D

I don't know what was going on today for Breakfast but something was clearly amiss, the "coming up" part said "at 0750" instead of the headline it should've been reporting, the video of the "interesting snow images" was played twice instead of the high shot of some snow during the interview with the weather person...

And I could've slapped that Government met office guy, "When did you know the snow was coming"...answer the fricking question! I thought we were going to get another "Did you THREATEN to overrule him, Mr Howard" moment there! :p

With all the mistakes it's almost as if the usual production team aren't in the studio and the work experience boy has to take over......stuck in the snow, perhaps? :p

*Edit* The swearing also clearly affected the Midlands Today presenter who was slurring and confusing his words during his speech....probably wasn't expecting swearing 10 seconds before his show....well from places other than his own gallery anyway! :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    unkdysfunk wrote: »
    Oh come on, surely the local northern news is just 5 minutes of laughing at us southerners not being able to cope with a little bit of snow at the moment. I bet its just benny Hill music over the top of footage of londoners slipping up on the ice or trying to get their cars out of an inch of snow. :D

We actually get useful information on where to take our whippets during this cold snap along with reminders of which pie to eat with our peas today,and a gig guide for brass bands this weekend.
  • Options
    BinnmanBinnman Posts: 4,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andy1886 wrote: »
    We actually get useful information on where to take our whippets during this cold snap along with reminders of which pie to eat with our peas today,and a gig guide for brass bands this weekend.

Aye and furthermore, we get a better chance of bagging a haggis or two in this weather.

The older ones don't get their winter coats as well as the younger ones. :p

Binnman
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,485
    Forum Member
    There was a loud gasp from Susanna Reid and the other presenter Charlie looked absolutely mortified. Very funny!

Incidentally has anyone else noticed the rather strange way those two presenters interact?
  • Options
    Toby LatimerToby Latimer Posts: 4,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    diary_room wrote: »

Incidentally has anyone else noticed the rather strange way those two presenters interact?

Not just me then ? ;)
  • Options
    Toby LatimerToby Latimer Posts: 4,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Digsby wrote: »
    They've just played the Christian Bale rant - but did not bleep out the F word - some one's going to be in trouble...............

D
    Has DVD Fever got a clip to upload pleeez , not many of us up at that time of day ! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Well, yes at first I did. But then I got to thinking....
    Now that the BBC are adopting a holier than thou approach to all things politically incorrect are we to assume that the whole of The Breakfast team will be barred from any production involvement in the future.
    Or maybe they'll all be suspended for three months.
  • Options
    sky is topssky is tops Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBC has had a cock-up just days after ITV.
    When ITV had their cock up were people mad at ITV.
    So now it time for people to to mad at BBC right.
    Or is BBC diffrent and we should not be mad at BBC when they cock up.
    If it was ITV or SKY that did this cock up BBC fan boys would be all over it.
  • Options
    nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    Moreover, why was it even deemed worthy of inclusion on a NEWS programme anyway?
  • Options
    Gareth56Gareth56 Posts: 2,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my god someone said a naughty word on the BBC before a certain time. Put you head between your legs and wait for the world to end.

No doubt the terminally sad in society will waste energy in complaining.
  • Options
    TMLS313TMLS313 Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's the Daily Mail's headline for tomorrow sorted then...
  • Options
    sky is topssky is tops Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gareth56 wrote: »
    Oh my god someone said a naughty word on the BBC before a certain time. Put you head between your legs and wait for the world to end.

No doubt the terminally sad in society will waste energy in complaining.

Your right i bet the terminally sad in society wasted energy in complaining the other day when ITV had a cock -up with ads in football.
  • Options
    GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is this "news" anyway? Its just trivia. Guy at work has a go at his co-workers. News? Since when?
  • Options
    BarrettBarrett Posts: 1,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All this is getting ridiculous now. Anyone would have thought that they had committed mass murder they way the were apologising for it.

It's makes then sound pathetic and spineless.

It's a swear word Whoppy do! :rolleyes:

Just another word, no one died and in fact I would like to hear more use of colourful language on TV age (shock horror!) people so actually swear.

Quite pathetic nanny state control of words.

The BBC is now a joke.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hilarious!:D Woke me up, thats for sure! I'd just turned the TV on for the news and was still half asleep.

I'm assuming they were going to discuss the matter later on too, but had to hastily drop it from the schedule. Just as well they were able to pad things out with the snow and weather reports.

I have.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    diary_room wrote: »
    There was a loud gasp from Susanna Reid and the other presenter Charlie looked absolutely mortified. Very funny!

In what way is it strange? Does it suggest they hate each other or are boning each other?
  • Options
    nightporternightporter Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The question is WHO CARES? Who's really bothered about the whole situation? Is it really news that someone shouted at someone else ffs!