Options

Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

Comments

• Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Killer Elite - Meh. Ok I suppose. Not a fan of Clive Owen. The last few films i've seen him in have had twists and turns/setups in them.

Columbiana - I like these sorts of films. Hot babes kicking butt. I enjoyed it.

and talking of that....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Haywire - A dull, unoriginal plot. Bland acting that could almost send you to sleep. The direction slows down the whole film to the point that it could be going backwards, it just plods along like treacle running down a pane of glass, only broken up by very small bursts of action.

Not exactly what you would expect from the director or the actors 3 out of 11.
    Couldn't agree more. I thought it was a low budget thing (maybe it was) but I was amazed at some of the names involved when they popped up on screen.

What a pile of shite though.
    It was trying to be style over substance but couldn't even manage that.
    It was worse than a poor made for tv movie.

Where did they get the lead actress? Is she that MMA girl? It this basically one of those vehicles for WWE 'stars'?

Zoned out several times dfuring the film with 5 minute walking/running sequences.
  • Options
    Nessun DormaNessun Dorma Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pacific Rim 7/10

It was a portmanteau of Transformers, Real Steel, Power Rangers and Starship Troopers; loved it. :D

Idris Elba for Doctor Who! ;)
  • Options
    DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    bazzaroo wrote: »
    Oblivion - Very disappointing, tedious and dull and when TWO Tom Cruises showed up that just about done it for me! 3/10 for some of the visual effects.

Some of us haven't sen it yet.... Thanks very much.
  • Options
    bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Some of us haven't sen it yet.... Thanks very much.

Oh come on, it's really not that much of a spoiler, trust me! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Heard a lot about it but never really looked into what it was about. I guess it's a good enough murder mystery offering.

Safehouse - Just another 2 hour action stoot em up film.
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LIFE OF PI

there isn't a score HIGH ENOUGH!!!

wondering how it could be done after reading the book years ago, finally got round to watching it after borrowing the dvd off my sister, and instantly regretted it!!!!!!

regretted it as i should have watched in in the cinema :mad:

an absolutely SUPERB movie, from start to finish, breath taking and sad and happy and exciting and glorious and beautiful ..... and the most important thing, EXACTLY LIKE THE BOOK!

an incredible achievment
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Heard a lot about it but never really looked into what it was about. I guess it's a good enough murder mystery offering.

Safehouse - Just another 2 hour action stoot em up film.

What version did you watch? Swedish version is a hell of alot better than the american.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    jenzie wrote: »
    LIFE OF PI

wondering how it could be done after reading the book years ago, finally got round to watching it after borrowing the dvd off my sister, and instantly regretted it!!!!!!

an absolutely SUPERB movie, from start to finish, breath taking and sad and happy and exciting and glorious and beautiful ..... and the most important thing, EXACTLY LIKE THE BOOK!

an incredible achievment

Its just moved into high priority on my lovefilm list because of the above
  • Options
    mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    Skyfall. Can never see anything good on to watch lately. Its all animated movies, superhero movies, robots or zombies ! Where are all the adult movies! There all for kids (mainly)
  • Options
    Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Side effects . Really tense thriller .
  • Options
    elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Woman In Black. Daniel Radcliffe did alright, but the film was deeply boring. Not one decent fright, an abundance of lazy jump scares and a murky atmosphere that was dull rather than unsettling. Waste of an hour and half.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What version did you watch? Swedish version is a hell of alot better than the american.
    US.
    Can you really call it a US version though? It's packed with Brits, Swedes and others. Mara is the only noticable US 'star'.
  • Options
    TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kill Bill Vol 1

Loved it 8/10
  • Options
    NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    LIFE OF PI

an incredible achievment

Wow, I'll be needing a lovefilm account at this rate.

I shall be getting the book from the library after I manage to read the prestige!

I'll probably watch the film first, I am too nosey!
  • Options
    InTheLoopInTheLoop Posts: 6,595
    Forum Member
    30 days of night 6.5/10
    Watched it last night and better than what I expected. I actually thought from dusk till dawn was supposed to be showing so i kept waiting for clooney and/or the salma hayek scene which never came. but yeah, it was better than i thought
  • Options
    Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finding Mr. Right (LINK)

Romantic comedy from China. Nice enough film about an unmarried, rich (and obnoxious) Chinese lady who's pregnant and wants to give birth in the USA. Upon her arrival in the States, she meets a male Chinese emigrant who's more quiet and reserved. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out what happens next. There are some funny moments but the lead actor is just too dull. Very predictable film that has been done better. But I still enjoyed it.
  • Options
    PinkvelvetPinkvelvet Posts: 10,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    White House Down, nowhere near as good as Olympus has fallen, lack of tension, tons of plot holes but Channing Tatum is reinforcing his action man status.
  • Options
    Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peter Jacksons - brain dead . Second time ice seen it. Words can't describe it. Well actually they can so here we go, gory , funny , sick , depraved , just totally awesome,
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iron Man. Even more overrated than Avengers Assemble.
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Heat - 8/10. Usually films like this SUCK - you know the type... comedies that try to be funny by casting some big celebs in the lead roles and then it totally backfires. However, The Heat is actually amazing. I don't remember the last time I laughed so much. "I'M A EFFING PONY!"
  • Options
    dazzy71dazzy71 Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LIFE OF PI

an incredible achievment

This film renewed my hope in 3D when i saw it in the cinema. Just stunning.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Red - 6.5/10 packed with names who seem to be going through the motions. There was no fizz. Malkovich was quite funny though
  • Options
    TCD1975TCD1975 Posts: 3,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pacific Rim 4/10

I went in to the cinema with low expectations and got pretty much exactly what I expected ... but with worse acting and dialogue than I anticipated.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,800
    Forum Member
    ...the purge...absolute nonsense who's only high spot was lena headey
This discussion has been closed.