Options

Ronnie Biggs has died.

Comments

• Options
    Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elyan wrote: »
    Hopefully there's a spare bed in the psych unit.

At least if you are making personal attacks do try and be witty and original or I will put you on ignore.:D
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least if you are making personal attacks do try and be witty and original or I will put you on ignore.:D

That ignore list must be at capacity by now
  • Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    Hotelier wrote: »
    Ok..what about if I was ronnie biggs and , with a mate, I came round and he hit one of you over the head.
    Ronnie Biggs is dead mate. Not sure you heard the news?:cool:
    My rather obvious point is that its easy to defend a criminal when you havent been a victim of his/her crime. when it happens personally, it;s a different story. which I why I find defending Biggs, even a little bit, to be extremely hypocritical.

I think YOU miss the point.

MY rather obvious point is that the level of outrage and wish for a guy to die in the worst way possible is totally disproportionate to his actual crimes.

I am no fan of Biggs, but the pitchfork wielding 'hope he died in agony' brigade are to me slightly more worrying that an old man that is actually more famous for his escape and years abroad than any 'violent' crimes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly thought he died a while ago!

Scum!
  • Options
    Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »
    Arthur Scargill just tweeted "Mandela dies as film premier of his life airs. Biggs dies as BBC drama Great Train Robbery airs. I hope there's no miners strike drama soon?"

30th anniversary next year, bound to be plenty. :)
  • Options
    FearFactorFearFactor Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So if they don't kneel at the alter and weep tears for Biggs as you do they are ignorant, I do love WUM's like you.:D

Think you are the WUM.
    Ok..what about if I was ronnie biggs and , with a mate, I came round and he hit one of you over the head.

My rather obvious point is that its easy to defend a criminal when you havent been a victim of his/her crime. when it happens personally, it;s a different story. which I why I find defending Biggs, even a little bit, to be extremely hypocritical.

They didn't go to anyone's house. Try comparing them to bank robbers if you must, but not house burglars. It was a commercial robbery.

They only got 30 years because of the money involved - property is always worth more than human life in the British justice system. People like the parents of baby P and Daniel Pelka, and the ian watkins from lostprophets are the people that really deserve 30 year/whole life terms and to rot in hell.

In actuality Ronnie was a nice bloke (my OH spent time with him in Belmarsh......yep come on and flame me - I don't care! :cool:) and deserves to rest in peace.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Good, one less criminal.

Please remember that Jack Mills got badly injured and was never able to work again.

My sympathy is with his family!
  • Options
    Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly thought he died a while ago!

Scum!

Carefull, the Ronnie Biggs fan club will get upset.:D
  • Options
    Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Biggs played the system to the end. He came back here when he needed looking after, and we looked after him. I'm sure he would have died years ago if he'd stayed abroad.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carefull, the Ronnie Biggs fan club will get upset.:D

Why do you continue to bait and wind people up?
  • Options
    duckymallardduckymallard Posts: 13,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AOTB wrote: »
    This post makes little to no sense.

What part did you not understand?

Was it "two bit" "scumbag" or "thief"..........or was it that many of us have trod in dog shite that was better than him?
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    Gilbertoo wrote: »

Perhaps they've asked Father Christmas for a ban?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    I don't get the excessive vitriol. All he personally did was help load a truck with the mail bags. He wasn't a murderer or a rapist. I don't look up to the guy, but I don't feel any bitterness towards him either. He was just a petty criminal who struck gold and did a runner.
  • Options
    Default_UserDefault_User Posts: 4,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally ran out of steam - choo choo ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pull2Open wrote: »
    What about if Ronnie Biggs was your dad, and he died?

I'd have disowned the guy many years ago, so............meh.
  • Options
    bart4858bart4858 Posts: 11,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Defending pond scum, nothing surprises me on DS.

I am angry the got did not die screaming in agony, vile disgusting excuse for a man.

Pond scum? He was a robber, but got sentenced to 30 years, while people now can get ten years or less for manslaughter, and get out in five.

He didn't hit anyone over the head. It's also possible that if the sentence had been more reasonable, he wouldn't have bothered escaping.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,512
    Forum Member
    Biggs seemed to be at the Lockerbie bombers idea of "deaths door" for quite some time.

Never bought into the nothin we should romanticise gangsters and career criminals as gentleman rogues who "loved their mum". They're still bloody nasty pieces of work who could and would hurt others who stood in their way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd have disowned the guy many years ago, so............meh.

Well, there's a surprising response! ^_^
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bart4858 wrote: »
    Pond scum? He was a robber, but got sentenced to 30 years,while people now can get ten years or less for manslaughter, and get out in five.

Which is why this country has gone downhill since the 60s.
  • Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    What part did you not understand?
    Only the bits that were gibberish so, er pretty much all of it.
    Was it "two bit" "scumbag" or "thief"..........or was it that many of us have trod in dog shite that was better than him?

Yup, still not making much sense I'm afraid.

Let's start with- how do you know which particular 'dog shite' is better than him? How about if it was a dog who stole a doggie biscuit before pooing on the street and you stepping in it? Would the fact the doggie is a 'two bit thief scumbag' mean their poo is now equal or worse than Biggs?

Hmm. I sense a high level deep philosophical debate coming up on the comparable merits of various dog poop and criminal acts. Could be a lot of fun..;-)
  • Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    While I have nothing to say about the GTR it was before I was born, I do thing we should of told RB to stay in Brazil and partake in their medical care, not allow him to come back here and use ours, to which he has not paid into or has any right to do so.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AOTB wrote: »
    Let's start with- how do you know which particular 'dog shite' is better than him?

Oh, I wasn't being so selective..................any dog shite is better than him.
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gilbertoo wrote: »

Because that's all he ever does on here, it seems.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bex_123 wrote: »
    Because that's all he ever does on here, it seems.

Oh right. I don't recall crossing paths with them before, so they can't be that good at it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, I wasn't being so selective..................any dog shite is better than him.

I need to put your comments into perspective, what decade were you born in?