Options

Sky Sports News

FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
Forum Member
Why is this still not in HD when they've just given us SS3 and 4 in HD?

Comments

• Options
    Satellite JohnSatellite John Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Sky Sports News HD and Sky News HD are said to launch on Virgin Media later on.

It was always said they would launch after the premium channels.
  • Options
    Dave_GosportDave_Gosport Posts: 436
    Forum Member
    Flukie wrote: »
    Why is this still not in HD when they've just given us SS3 and 4 in HD?

These probably won't launch until early 2015!!! >:(
  • Options
    humbug333humbug333 Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You seem so hard done by. Boohoo..
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,944
    Forum Member
    humbug333 wrote: »
    You seem so hard done by. Boohoo..

What an amazing mature response.
  • Options
    NickDay85NickDay85 Posts: 1,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These probably won't launch until early 2015!!! >:(

SSNHD and Sky News HD are launching later on this summer. As previously mentioned by Virgin about a thousand times!
  • Options
    ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NickDay85 wrote: »
    SSNHD and Sky News HD are launching later on this summer. As previously mentioned by Virgin about a thousand times!

I'd predict August 12th at the same time as Sky Sports 5
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    ocav wrote: »
    I'd predict August 12th at the same time as Sky Sports 5

wrong early 2015 they said that on twitter early when someone asked that
  • Options
    Forum Member

Where does it say this then? As Media Boy over on Cable Forum has said that he's seen info for early 2015.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where does it say this then? As Media Boy over on Cable Forum has said that he's seen info for early 2015.

I asked them on Twitter when the new carriage deal was announced a few months ago. I, and a few others were all told "They are to follow later this summer".

Although Media Boy doesn't count as a concrete source of information, I've just noticed that they have since Tweeted others with the 'early 2015' information, so the information I was given must've been an assumption of sorts.

I don't really mind when it launches, I'm just pleased that it is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I asked them on Twitter when the new carriage deal was announced a few months ago. I, and a few others were all told "They are to follow later this summer".

Although Media Boy doesn't count as a concrete source of information, I've just noticed that they have since Tweeted others with the 'early 2015' information, so the information I was given must've been an assumption of sorts.

I don't really mind when it launches, I'm just pleased that it is.

Ahh ok. Well I hope it is this summer as I have Sky News on in the background when there's nothing else worth watching. Just seems strange that Virgin didn't add SSN HD and Sky News HD when they added the rest of the sports channels in HD.

Fingers crossed they'll add it when Sky Sports 5/HD launch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seems strange that Virgin didn't add SSN HD and Sky News HD when they added the rest of the sports channels in HD.

I can only assume it's something to do with the current Sky Basics carriage deal. Maybe the channels can only be added once the new deal becomes active?

I don't really know how it all works so I'm just speculating.