Options

Ed to wed!

Comments

• Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jmclaugh wrote: »
    Agreed but I doubt he'll be invited. I wonder if two Jags will provide the limos.

As long as Harriet Harman doesn't drive them.
  • Options
    jmclaughjmclaugh Posts: 63,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »

Nah, she'll be too busy ensuring the guests conform to the required quota standards.
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    wallster wrote: »
    I didn't realise that Ed believed in tradition :eek:

He certainly doesn't believe in family loyalty...

I can't understand why he didn't tell nosey journalists to naff off when they kept asking questions about why he isn't married. He should have stuck to his guns and told them that in multi-cultural Britain being an unmarried mother is fine and so is not marrying the mother of your child and that marriage is just an old fashioned establishment idea and no one gives a toss whether people with children are married or not. ;););)

I can't understand why he buckled under pressure.
  • Options
    gummy mummygummy mummy Posts: 26,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MartinP wrote: »
    Who was complaining about it being a low-key affair? You appear to be making up an argument to make a point (and attack FMs), gummy!

Do I really? In that case your reading to much into my post. I was just curious as to why certain posters were/are making a big fuss about him not having a best man. Personally I wouldn't expect him to have one if the wedding is a low key affair
  • Options
    MartinPMartinP Posts: 31,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »

Nah, she's doing the wishing up

*ducks*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just curious as to why certain posters were/are making a big fuss about him not having a best man. Personally I wouldn't expect him to have one if the wedding is a low key affair

I merely said it was a bit strange, I was hardly making a "big fuss".

How many weddings have you been to where there hasn't been a "best man"? I could understand it if there were only a couple of witnesses, but this is still a decent-sized wedding of 50+ guests.

This also has nothing to do with it being "a big expensive wedding"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I merely said it was a bit strange, I was hardly making a "big fuss".

Why are you trying to make this personal to you, did I say YOU was making a big fuss.:confused:

How many weddings have you been to where there hasn't been a "best man"? I could understand it if there were only a couple of witnesses, but this is still a decent-sized wedding of 50+ guests.

This also has nothing to do with it being "a big expensive wedding"

My dad's wedding when he married my stepmother, my own wedding and my eldest daughters wedding.
  • Options
    geordiejackiegeordiejackie Posts: 3,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed but I doubt he'll be invited. I wonder if two Jags will provide the limos.

Hazel Blears doing the night disco so i hear http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtOdJIiZRcY&feature=related
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are you trying to make this personal to you, did I say YOU was making a big fuss.:confused:

You said "I was just curious as to why certain posters were/are making a big fuss about him not having a best man"

Which FMs commented on it on this thread, me and LostFool? Perhaps you can point me to the "big fuss" and it will remove the confusion?
    My dad's wedding when he married my stepmother, my own wedding and my eldest daughters wedding.

I have never heard of anyone not having a best man so there you go - certainly not for a first wedding.
  • Options
    OLD HIPPY GUYOLD HIPPY GUY Posts: 28,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same level of interest as I have for that other wedding,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You said "I was just curious as to why certain posters were/are making a big fuss about him not having a best man"

Which FMs commented on it on this thread, me and LostFool? Perhaps you can point me to the "big fuss" and it will remove the confusion?

My appologies I stand corrected, looking back over the thread I see it was you who was the first to point out he isn't going to have a best man even though it wasn't really relevant IMO.

I have never heard of anyone not having a best man so there you go - certainly not for a first wedding.

Well you have now, I was married for the first and only time in 1970, my husband didn't have a best man and I didn't have bridesmaids. We celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary last year so not having a best man never did our marriage any harm.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    My appologies I stand corrected, looking back over the thread I see it was you who was the first to point out he isn't going to have a best man even though it wasn't really relevant IMO.

Well you have now, I was married for the first and only time in 1970, my husband didn't have a best man and I didn't have bridesmaids. We celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary last year so not having a best man never did our marriage any harm.

We have something in common - no best man and no bridesmaids, just the people who really mattered. Ourselves.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Annsyre wrote: »
    We have something in common - no best man and no bridesmaids, just the people who really mattered. Ourselves.:)

Exactly.

I guess I must be old fashioned because I really think that the cost of a wedding nowadays is ridiculous. My husband used to joke that a dog license costs more than our marriage license :D
  • Options
    Julie68Julie68 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if the protesters will ruin his wedding day too.. It's largely thanks to this labour party this country is in the mess it is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tysonstorm wrote: »
    And as if by magic:http://www.cafepress.co.uk/wedmiliband.519839865 :D

"We'll keep the red flag flying here" comrade. :p

Yours for a measly £9.00 + P&P £4.50 :eek:

And for the female Commie, a thong, to keep HIS red flag flying. :p (Made in the USA, not Cuba)

This is a joke isn't it. ?

I wouldn't agree with them selling Commemorative mugs of the wedding if it was for real.
  • Options
    geordiejackiegeordiejackie Posts: 3,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Julie68 wrote: »
    I wonder if the protesters will ruin his wedding day too.. It's largely thanks to this labour party this country is in the mess it is.

oh dear me :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly.

I guess I must be old fashioned because I really think that the cost of a wedding nowadays is ridiculous. My husband used to joke that a dog license costs more than our marriage license :D

Well Ed's inviting 50 people, and presumably there is someone suitable to be a Best Man so it won't cost any extra....
  • Options
    TimCypherTimCypher Posts: 9,052
    Forum Member
    Nah, she'll be too busy ensuring the guests conform to the required quota standards.

LMAO! :D

Regards,

Cypher
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well Ed's inviting 50 people, and presumably there is someone suitable to be a Best Man so it won't cost any extra....

I he having a church wedding? I assumed it would be a civil ceremony in a private nonconsecrated building with a registrar officiating. No need for best women or bridesmen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I he having a church wedding? I assumed it would be a civil ceremony in a private nonconsecrated building with a registrar officiating. No need for best women or bridesmen.

I assumed he was getting married in a registrars office that's why I didn't find it unusual for him not to have a best man.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I assumed he was getting married in a registrars office that's why I didn't find it unusual for him not to have a best man.

Exactly.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It doesn't really matter that it's not a Church wedding, most people still have a best man - that's assuming you are really friends with the person who would be expected to be best man....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goodness, I have just seen his "speech" on the pavement near his home. He looked utterly embarrassed!

When you look at them it's a touch confusing as to who will wear the dress, they both look rather feminine in that shot, maybe they will both wear suits!
  • Options
    smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    About as interesting as the Royal (scroungers) wedding and has no relevance to politice. However, at least he has a proper job
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have been to lots of registry office weddings and I cannot remember one not having a best man (though one or two have had a best woman)

Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things