Options

Ed to wed!

Comments

• Options
    EiraEira Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I couldn't care less about the wedding, but I do respect him somewhat less (not that I care much for him in the first place) if he is doing this for the wrong reasons, which I suspect he is.

Hypothetically if I'm right in my thinking: He has been with his partner forever, has kids with her and now suddenly they want to get married. Right. ELECTION is the word that is running in my head. Apparently we can't ever have a non married PM. And to be honest, that thought makes me feel pretty miserable. I don't know what saddens me the most - his desire to anything to get power or the thought that there are people who wouldn't vote for him because he isn't married.

Oh, and my parents and my aunty and uncle didn't have a best man or bridesmaids. A registry office and a hotel wedding.
  • Options
    geordiejackiegeordiejackie Posts: 3,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eira wrote: »
    I couldn't care less about the wedding, but I do respect him somewhat less (not that I care much for him in the first place) if he is doing this for the wrong reasons, which I suspect he is.

Hypothetically if I'm right in my thinking: He has been with his partner forever, has kids with her and now suddenly they want to get married. Right. ELECTION is the word that is running in my head. Apparently we can't ever have a non married PM. And to be honest, that thought makes me feel pretty miserable. I don't know what saddens me the most - his desire to anything to get power or the thought that there are people who wouldn't vote for him because he isn't married.

Oh, and my parents and my aunty and uncle didn't have a best man or bridesmaids. A registry office and a hotel wedding.

Edward Heath :o
  • Options
    gummy mummygummy mummy Posts: 26,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MartinP wrote: »
    It doesn't really matter that it's not a Church wedding, most people still have a best man - that's assuming you are really friends with the person who would be expected to be best man....

So is that the point of all this, you're implying that he and his brother are not friends ???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    I have been to lots of registry office weddings and I cannot remember one not having a best man (though one or two have had a best woman)

Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things

Well all I can say is that I can assure you my husband didn't have a best man when we got married and lets face it I should know I was there.
  • Options
    slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    I have been to lots of registry office weddings and I cannot remember one not having a best man (though one or two have had a best woman)

Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things
    over the last 15 years I have attended 20-30 weddings a year I have only ever seen there being no best man at two

both were marriages between women and they had best women not men

done a wedding where there was a best woman (the grooms sister and a few weddings where there have been two or three best men

i have never attended a wedding where there is no best man
  • Options
    slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    Annsyre wrote: »
    I can't understand why he didn't tell nosey journalists to naff off when they kept asking questions about why he isn't married. He should have stuck to his guns and told them that in multi-cultural Britain being an unmarried mother is fine and so is not marrying the mother of your child and that marriage is just an old fashioned establishment idea and no one gives a toss whether people with children are married or not. ;););)

I can't understand why he buckled under pressure.
    Elections

He wants to be the PM

got to appeal to the prim oldies;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goodness, I have just seen his "speech" on the pavement near his home. He looked utterly embarrassed!

When you look at them it's a touch confusing as to who will wear the dress, they both look rather feminine in that shot, maybe they will both wear suits!

You seem to be a bit confused, if they both look feminine why would they both wear suits it would have made more sense if you'd said dresses.

Anyway just to add to your confusion apparently there isn't going to be a father of the bride speech or giving away either so perhaps there's just no need for a best man.

http://blogs.news.sky.com/boultonandco/Post:eb4fced9-9841-4775-86f0-9bb1588780b3
  • Options
    Miasima GoriaMiasima Goria Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Nice to see the right wing nasties out in force. First the slag the guy off for his personal life and arrangements with his partner, now he gets it in the neck for doing something that fits in with their narrow-minded social views.

*awaits the usual suspects accusing me of spamming and name calling*
  • Options
    MartinPMartinP Posts: 31,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyway just to add to your confusion apparently there isn't going to be a father of the bride speech or giving away either so perhaps there's just no need for a best man.

http://blogs.news.sky.com/boultonandco/Post:eb4fced9-9841-4775-86f0-9bb1588780b3

Are they even having any vows? ;)

It does make me wonder who on earth, after so many years together and already having 2 children, they are getting married at all?

He was "too busy" before, it appears strange that he's found more time now he's leader of the opposition. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So is that the point of all this, you're implying that he and his brother are not friends ???

I haven't seen them together since the leadership campaign, but it's certainly up for debate. The fact that Ed has avoided both the need to chose a best man and also avoids any speech that might embarass him does add a certain political angle to what should be just a normal wedding.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You seem to be a bit confused, if they both look feminine why would they both wear suits it would have made more sense if you'd said dresses.
    [/url]

Tends to not be the case....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1063302/Labour-MP-female-politician-wed-civil-partnership-ceremony.html
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    Annsyre wrote: »
    I he having a church wedding? I assumed it would be a civil ceremony in a private nonconsecrated building with a registrar officiating. No need for best women or bridesmen.

He is getting married at Langar Hall itself, its licensed for civil ceremonies for up to 50 people.

One of my best friends actually work at Langar Hall.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a bad deal really, £5,000 - £5,500 all in for the day. I hope they have nice weather.

http://www.langarhall.com/?pid=6
  • Options
    DavidCHDavidCH Posts: 2,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A Marxist son of a Marxist, played the violin, sounds like a twit. Has nothing in common with you or I apart from we know where ivorytowersville is. He speaks like a complete nerd, far different from Cameron who got himself educated rather than play silly ‘I’m a prolly’ games.

How thick are the population of this once great country not to see that the Milliband’s haven’t a clue about this countries people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well unless for some obscure reason you were refering to that Daily Mail story when you made this comment..
    Goodness, I have just seen his "speech" on the pavement near his home. He looked utterly embarrassed!

When you look at them it's a touch confusing as to who will wear the dress, they both look rather feminine in that shot, maybe they will both wear suits!

..what has the Daily Mail story about Angela Eagle's marriage got to do with anything :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well unless for some obscure reason you were refering to that Daily Mail story when you made this comment..

..what has the Daily Mail story about Angela Eagle's marriage got to do with anything :confused:
    You're supoosed to bow to the Daily Mail reader's are dumb argument. Absolutely pathetic imho.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DavidCH wrote: »
    You're supoosed to bow to the Daily Mail reader's are dumb argument. Absolutely pathetic imho.

It appears to me to be a desperate attempt to discredit Ed Miliband although I have no idea why, unless of course they think Ed Miliband has some sort of influence and are worried about it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It appears to me to be a desperate attempt to discredit Ed Miliband although I have no idea why, unless of course they think Ed Miliband has some sort of influence and are worried about it.

I listen to him and he makes me laugh. All the idiot small people in the student union who wished to shout loudly and impose their will on the rest of us who couldn't give a frig. That pathetic little white bit in his hair and his congenital screechy voice, God if he's the alternative then God help us.
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elections

He wants to be the PM

got to appeal to the prim oldies;)

Gosh, silly me, I didn't think of that.;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It appears to me to be a desperate attempt to discredit Ed Miliband .

Overreaction, much? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Overreaction, much? :D

I mean he has absolutely nothing in common to the people he is miserably pleading too.

I am reminded by his predesessor, 'the woman is a dreadful bigot' whas it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I listen to him and he makes me laugh. All the idiot small people in the student union who wished to shout loudly and impose their will on the rest of us who couldn't give a frig. That pathetic little white bit in his hair and his congenital screechy voice,

IMO judging someone by their physical appearance and voice seems more pathetic and even disengenious.

God if he's the alternative then God help us.

Alternative to what :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IMO judging someone by their physical appearance and voice seems more pathetic and even disengenious.

Alternative to what :confused:

He chose to make himself like he is, a pathetic little nerd.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I mean he has absolutely nothing in common to the people he is miserably pleading too.

Oh for sure. The guy is supposed to be representing the typical working man and woman in the UK and yet has never done a proper day's work in his life and never faced the kind of financial hardship most people have.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh for sure. The guy is supposed to be representing the typical working man and woman in the UK and yet has never done a proper day's work in his life and never faced the kind of financial hardship most people have.
    He has a hair style that most would openly laugh at. I know it's cruel but why spare him from the usual ridicule? Is it coz he pleads loudly from ivorytowersvile?