Will Michael's revenge on Eddie succeed?

JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
Forum Member
There seem to be a few flaws in Michael's dastardly plan.

Michael wants Vanessa to hit Eddie where it hurts by 'taking the roof over his head'. For a start, Eddie doesn't own the house - he's renting it off Mo, so it's not like Eddie has any real attachment to the place. He could just as easily go back to the Vic if he's in need of a roof.

What makes Michael think Eddie is loaded? Eddie lost most of his uninsured stock in the fire. Yes, they have more (how?) but it doesn't strike me as a rising empire yet.

Also, when Eddie was joking about leaving it all to Michael when he was annoyed with Anthony and Tyler for not turning up to work, Michael replied with 'That's if they haven't bankrupted you first'. Then Eddie gave him a strange look, which made me wonder if he is already struggling financially.

I just think it's an odd way to get back at his dad. I would have thought he'd have more success with the Tyler/boxing sideline he has going on.

Comments

• SupercellSupercell Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    I think Micheal knows V is good at manipulating guys for money to maintain her lifestyle. So Michael wants her to use her skills on Eddie but then Michael gives V some money to do it?
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I think he'll use both plans:D

Fail in one,succeed in the other;)
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think he'll just try and do anything! Ruin his dad in whatever way works.
  • JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    I think the Tyler plan will work better. I just don't know why there was such significance placed on the plan with Vanessa.

The success of this plan very much depends on Eddie being attracted to Vanessa (we know he has strong feelings for Carol, so that's a bit of a problem) and then Vanessa having access to Eddie's money.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ruth today on this morning said David Essex is leaving Eastenders - is this true?
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ruth today on this morning said David Essex is leaving Eastenders - is this true?

Yeh he filmed his finals scenes last week
  • PacinoFanPacinoFan Posts: 3,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eddie does not seem the type to fall for Vanessa's obvious charms. He saw how upset she was regarding Max and any attempts to seduce him should be viewed askance (after all, Michael saw through it and he is his father's son!).

Also, unless Eddie is one of those millionaires who likes to keep himself involved in his empire a la Lord Sugar, how much money are we talking about? Not enough to keep Vanessa in Stain Remover!

I do not think Vanessa is Eddie's type at all and I think he would be offended if she tried to seduce him as she knows he is involved with Carole.

I thought they were were sticking to the Godfather III type revenge, harm the child/punish the parent. I would love to see Tyler get a few thumps to the head, might straighten him out.

Usual disclaimers apply
  • JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    PacinoFan wrote: »
    Eddie does not seem the type to fall for Vanessa's obvious charms. He saw how upset she was regarding Max and any attempts to seduce him should be viewed askance (after all, Michael saw through it and he is his father's son!).

Also, unless Eddie is one of those millionaires who likes to keep himself involved in his empire a la Lord Sugar, how much money are we talking about? Not enough to keep Vanessa in Stain Remover!

I do not think Vanessa is Eddie's type at all and I think he would be offended if she tried to seduce him as she knows he is involved with Carole.

I thought they were were sticking to the Godfather III type revenge, harm the child/punish the parent. I would love to see Tyler get a few thumps to the head, might straighten him out.

Usual disclaimers apply

This is what I think too, but I will be interested to see how it plays out.