Story editor job up at EE

Comments

• Options
    The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll put in my CV now.

I have bags of experience - such as posting storylines on DS :p

If a storyline next year involves Tamwar, Kim and Fatboy abducted by aliens then you know I got the job
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have submitted a storyline where..

Shirleys body is found behind bin bags, her nose half eaten a rats

Then Kim Fox discovers quantum physics and starts a space programme at the B&B

I think the BBC will snap me up
  • Options
    MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    I'd like that job :3
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My sl, Alfie shot in the head.

Fatboy/Tamwar/Danny/Cindy/Jake/Sadie off screen exits.

Sharon and Denny go back to America

Bianca becomes victim of a hit and run, where dhe's left for dead. Kids go and live with Rickayy.

Have I got the job or is it 'sling your hook' :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    My sl, Alfie shot in the head.

Fatboy/Tamwar/Danny/Cindy/Jake/Sadie off screen exits.

Sharon and Denny go back to America

Bianca becomes victim of a hit and run, where dhe's left for dead. Kids go and live with Rickayy.

Have I got the job or is it 'sling your hook' :D

Lorraine says

"too much death and needs more love and warmth. Oh look, a kitten"
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have plans for a week worth of episodes in which an illness grips the square meaning all residents loose their voices, while the NHS work towards finding a cure, everyone in Albert Square has to express their emotions through dance. It's going to make the gangster fight scenes I also have in place: featuring Carl, Max, Phil to name a few, to the sounds of Wagner Ride of the Valkyries or Mozart Requiem Mass - cause we're the BBC let's have some culture please. I think this will give those scenes an extra special twist. The best actress in soap Lauren Branning naturally will discover the cure that if residents smile and laugh it's breaks the spell/illness that has major plotholes but just enjoy it. She's then spends the rest of the time going around spreading joy and laughter to others before that other resident does the same, a homage to pay it forward. However one resident laugh will have dire consequences, changing life forever, as it will be their last. But which one? The week long episode will end will all the square in the Vic laughing with a special theme of shiny, happy people by REM.

too much planning actually....another affair with Kat?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have plans for a week worth of episodes in which an illness grips the square meaning all residents loose their voices, while the NHS work towards finding a cure, everyone in Albert Square has to express their emotions through dance. It's going to make the gangster fight scenes I also have in place: featuring Carl, Max, Phil to name a few, to the sounds of Wagner Ride of the Valkyries or Mozart Requiem Mass - cause we're the BBC let's have some culture please. I think this will give those scenes an extra special twist. The best actress in soap Lauren Branning naturally will discover the cure that if residents smile and laugh it's breaks the spell/illness that has major plotholes but just enjoy it. She's then spends the rest of the time going around spreading joy and laughter to others before that other resident does the same, a homage to pay it forward. However one resident laugh will have dire consequences, changing life forever, as it will be their last. But which one? The week long episode will end will all the square in the Vic laughing with a special theme of shiny, happy people by REM.

:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lorraine says

Me: Oh Lorraine *shakes fist in anger* :mad:
  • Options
    SalomeSalome Posts: 816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a sad job description. No wonder we get crap on out screens
  • Options
    Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lets bombard Eastenders with our CV's
  • Options
    ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,398
    Forum Member
    Lorraine says

Kitten Enders - the fluffy soap :D

"Sharon cat" - large, black and white cat with a nasty nip, overprotective of her kitten and likely to scratch the nose of any one who tries to come between them.

"Billy cat" - scrawny grey cat, likes to rip open the post and hide it under the mat.

"Bianca cat" skinny ginger cat who has a litter every year and likes to meow loudly for no reason.

"David cat" sleek silver cat who fathered Bianca Cat then left, comes back every few years to check on brood.

"Sam cat" large lumbering black cat, see "David cat".

"Kat cat" :D black and white stray, permanently on heat.

"Phil cat" - large scruffy stocky cat with a red and grey fur, struts about the square looking for trouble and growling at any one who crosses him, liked to fight with Shirley cat til she moved on.

"Shirley cat" tabby with a mean streak, likes to fight with "Phil cat", last seen in the arches but may now be in the Pound (or a skip).
  • Options
    welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member
    Why is it saying Programme Scheduler, not Story Editor, when I click that link? Very different jobs...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lets bombard Eastenders with our CV's

That would be so funny

HR to Lorraine "those bitches on DS are coming up with better storylines then you"

Lorraine gives a withering look
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,836
    Forum Member
    welshfoxy wrote: »
    Why is it saying Programme Scheduler, not Story Editor, when I click that link? Very different jobs...

Me too.
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

"Sharon cat" - large, black and white cat with a nasty nip, overprotective of her kitten and likely to scratch the nose of any one who tries to come between them.

"Billy cat" - scrawny grey cat, likes to rip open the post and hide it under the mat.

"Bianca cat" skinny ginger cat who has a litter every year and likes to meow loudly for no reason.

"David cat" sleek silver cat who fathered Bianca Cat then left, comes back every few years to check on brood.

"Phil cat" - large scruffy stocky cat with a red and grey fur, struts about the square looking for trouble and growling at any one who crosses him, liked to fight with Shirley cat til she moved on.

"Shirley cat" tabby with a mean streak, likes to fight with "Phil cat", last seen in the arches but may now be in the Pound (or a skip).

Shirley's cat would not feature in KittenEnders, she's already international known
  • Options
    KJKJ Posts: 58
    Forum Member
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ha ha, brilliant cat characters!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They usually recruit direct from the local secure Mental Health Unit .
    Must of run out of forms for them to rubber stamp :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Admiral StarAdmiral Star Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have submitted a storyline where..

Shirleys body is found behind bin bags, her nose half eaten by rats

Some EE fans would be sharpening their pitchforks if you did that. :D And that's just for starters!
  • Options
    BertypopBertypop Posts: 4,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's not actually a story editor job, though? It's a Programme Scheduler - which is quite different.
  • Options
    madmumof3madmumof3 Posts: 86
    Forum Member

This is amazing!! I would definitely watch this!! :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    MarkjukMarkjuk Posts: 30,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/foi/classes/disclosure_logs/rfi20111146_salary_ranges_aug_2011.pdf

The Job is grade 6D - the only info I could find for pay range is from period 2011-2012 which equated to:

£27,867 to £41,081 a year - The D suffix represents a daily rate.
  • Options
    radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "you’ll be expected to explain very complex issues" - Sorry but is this definitely for Eastenders:p:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'd watch this, I love cats, also the cat characters are brilliant :D

Tamwar cat - a shorthaired cat, has a gloomy temperate and doesn't take an interest in anything. Those seem to perk up when watching Westerns.