Options

Noah

Uncle FesterUncle Fester Posts: 15,357
Forum Member
✭✭
I watched the film "Noah" last night although the film was well made with good graphics I find it hard to believe that some people still believe that this stuff is for real :confused:

Comments

• Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched the film "Noah" last night although the film was well made with good graphics I find it hard to believe that some people still believe that this stuff is for real :confused:

Did you know him when you were a kid :p
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So is the intent here to discuss Russell Crowe and Ray Winstone's rather wooden performances or are we clambering back on to the anti-religion merry-go-round by the back door ?
  • Options
    talentedmonkeytalentedmonkey Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The film was not an accurate telling of the account in Genesis, it was a million miles off, but then not many Hollywood films stick to the facts.
  • Options
    Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its what makes religion so potentially dangerous. Logic, evidence and reason go out of the windows and "truth" becomes what some guy tells you what god says thinks and does.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Im not religious in any way but am uncomfortable with Hollywood trying to sensationalise Biblical chapters
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member
    Both the movie and the bible suck.
  • Options
    UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im not religious in any way but am uncomfortable with Hollywood trying to sensationalise Biblical chapters
    Cecil B DeMille thumbs his nose at you.

I hope they had some of the animals go in seven by seven like they did in the original text.
  • Options
    droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Worth seeing at the cinema then? Rather than wait for video?
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aha, that was quick then .. maybe the merry-go-round had stopped for maintenance, but I see we're back up and running :D
    Worth seeing at the cinema then? Rather than wait for video?

Worth avoiding IMO. I found it utterly tedious. The CGI around the actual flooding was reasonably impressive but that's it.
  • Options
    droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aha, that was quick then .. maybe the merry-go-round had stopped for maintenance, but I see we're back up and running :D

Worth avoiding IMO. I found it utterly tedious. The CGI around the actual flooding was reasonably impressive but that's it.

I've just checked and I think I'm too late for the locals anyway. I must keep a closer eye on the local flicker building.
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And what about Hollywood sensationalising other fictitious characters like Batman, Dracula etc? Maybe you just don't like films. :confused:
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The film was not an accurate telling of the account in Genesis, it was a million miles off, but then not many Hollywood films stick to the facts.

I really don't think you can say that what is written in the bible is FACT.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    shackfan wrote: »
    And what about Hollywood sensationalising other fictitious characters like Batman, Dracula etc? Maybe you just don't like films. :confused:

Yeah I love Batman, Jesus, Moses and all the other super heroes :confused:
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The film was terrible. No wonder humanity is screwed if that's where we came from.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I love Batman, Jesus, Moses and all the other super heroes :confused:
    Jesus Christ, Vampire Hunter
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    I love true stories. I found this more believable than Ghandi anyway. There's no way that guy was a passive resister as he looks the sort that would hack your arms off with a machete.
  • Options
    spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    as film critics pointed out, this is is a de-biblicalised version of the story, with yhwh omitted, and the flood being sorta Gaia's revenge for dropping too much litter ......
  • Options
    Uncle FesterUncle Fester Posts: 15,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forget the bit about Cain killing Abel and then going into the wilderness and got himself a wife , the game changer for me was after the ark landed there were only 7 humans left , Noah his wife 3 sons 1 daughter and her twin girls , the 1 son left and Noah turned to the 2 babies and told them to go forth and multiply , did Noah forget that "god" had wiped out the whole of the human race :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Forget the bit about Cain killing Abel and then going into the wilderness and got himself a wife , the game changer for me was after the ark landed there were only 7 humans left , Noah his wife 3 sons 1 daughter and her twin girls , the 1 son left and Noah turned to the 2 babies and told them to go forth and multiply , did Noah forget that "god" had wiped out the whole of the human race :confused:

It would be the inbreeding that I would be worried about.

But God said he would wipe out the humans who abused the earth, not Noah and his family, because they had followed his ways.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weren't his sons' wives supposed to be on board as well?
  • Options
    MoggioMoggio Posts: 4,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You're right. This film was far more realistic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also found it incredulous that they would be amazed that Emma Watson's character could have a child. It's not like God hadn't just shown his power, so why would they be surprised that he could cure her of her infertility.

The whole film made no sense.
  • Options
    paulsh1paulsh1 Posts: 2,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The film was worth watching just to see Ray Winstone's acting.

It was comical.He played it exactly the same way as every other role he does!
  • Options
    chopsimchopsim Posts: 3,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes but was Emma Watson sexy or not?
  • Options
    The 12th DoctorThe 12th Doctor Posts: 4,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Flood story originated with the Sumerian creation myths. Noah in the Sumerian story is Utnapishtim.