Options

tablet won't charge

ACL777ACL777 Posts: 1,665
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have a few months old sony and it isn't charging. The charge indicator is on but the battery indicator is diminshing. I got a message pop up saying my charge source was insufficient and the drain was greater. Any ideas..? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    ACL777 wrote: »
    I have a few months old sony and it isn't charging. The charge indicator is on but the battery indicator is diminshing. I got a message pop up saying my charge source was insufficient and the drain was greater. Any ideas..? Thanks.

Are you using the original charger or charging from your PC or a phone charger? If it is your original charger see it it will charge your phone or other device, the charger might be duff. USB points on a PC just don't have enough ooomph for some devices and the same with a phone charger.
  • Options
    ACL777ACL777 Posts: 1,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm using the original charger. It is now slowly charging. When I posted i was on 13 per cent battery. I am now on 65. It seems to be slowly working. I will try the charger on other devices to identify the route of the problem. Thanks.
  • Options
    nvingonvingo Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    The original battery in my three year old smartphone was not fully charged after 8-10 hours (charging light remains orange) with the original charger and cable. I purchased a new higher-capacity battery and that recharges in the same conditions in just a couple of hours.
    Battery age is likely the OP's issue.
  • Options
    alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    nvingo wrote: »
    The original battery in my three year old smartphone was not fully charged after 8-10 hours (charging light remains orange) with the original charger and cable. I purchased a new higher-capacity battery and that recharges in the same conditions in just a couple of hours.
    Battery age is likely the OP's issue.

Battery age of the ops tablet is only a few months old though