OK! you aint got the latest phone but you still love your....?

OnexOneOnexOne Posts: 3,816
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi folks, this is a thread for lovers of older phones! Ok you dont have the lastest Iphone 6 or Sony Xperia Z3 or Samsung S5 but you still have the ....like me i cant do without my sony xperia lt18i (s) (its everything im happy with in a phone)...havent upgraded and dont intend to until having to...anyone else like me out there..that just love there older mobile?

Comments

• robbrarobbra Posts: 524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not that old but my pretty basic Acer Liquid Z4 Duo. Does everything I want for £80 :)
  • OnexOneOnexOne Posts: 3,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thanks for the reply robbra, thats exactly what im saying? why pay over the odds for the newest gadget phone when if your happy with the one youve got! nice one
  • finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a SE Arc and it was OK for the time I had it so I can see why you like your S. I agree with the sentiment about not having the latest device. However I would recommend getting a flagship from last year. The M7, S4 and G2 are still great phones. I got my G2 for a song and I honestly don't feel like I am missing anything from this year's batch.
  • 1saintly1saintly Posts: 4,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Samsung galaxy ace2
    Running KitKat courtesy of
    http://www.cyanogenmod.org/
    still got original battery in :D

will be seeing if i can get
    http://www.android.com/history/
    on, but even if not, i will be keeping it for at least another 12months :cool:
  • MinardiMinardi Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not that old, but generally considered outdated hardware wise, Lumia 1020. Nothing else interests me, does everything I need and more.
  • DangerBrotherDangerBrother Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have dabbled with top of the range phones the last few years, but find my S3 with archidroid ROM in it is great.

Ideal size for a phone in my opinion. I was enjoying my Note 2 for a while but too big really, as is now true for many top phones.

Had the Nexus 5, S4, S5, the expensive Nokia ones, iphine 5s,etc but not impressed particularly and returned for refunds.
  • nafanny29nafanny29 Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The old Nokias from the late 90s were the best phones I ever had!!
  • OnexOneOnexOne Posts: 3,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nafanny29 wrote: »

ye aint far off the mark there...nokia 3310 with snake..ahh the memories...Now with phones nowadays becoming more like tabs size...we need to get back to a proper size phone...the compact versions of phones now are the ideal size NOT tablet like size? that aint a phone
  • david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nafanny29 wrote: »

I still have an old Motorola and is the size of today's cordless phones. And you can only make and receive phone calls on it.
  • HypnosssHypnosss Posts: 1,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2! The Note 4 looks fantastic but I am in no rush, I might get it in about 3 months time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Not that old, but have a Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3
    All those who said bigger phones will never catch on, eat your words.
    Just works beautifully and use it often as a phone/ mini tablet (no 7 inch tablet in my house :)).
    It has the left and right one hand option too, which is nice, but never use as I find it easy to use on the go.
    I did buy an Evecase Rugged Shell Stand Case that protects it well too. needed as being large the chance of a slip may increase. Fits perfectly in my pocket too.
    Can be picked up for only £250, it can be upgraded to KitKat, and it looks like it may get Lollipop too.
    Also have an old iPhone 3GS which I use more as an iPod and for apps rather than to make calls, but still runs and performs very well.
  • gothergother Posts: 14,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not that old but i've been more than delighted with my Moto G, for £90 it does everything i want it to do and puts a lot of these expensive phones to shame too.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK! you aint got the latest phone but you still love your....?

My Nokia N86. LOVE it!!!

Classic Nokia.
  • MinardiMinardi Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    My Nokia N86. LOVE it!!!

Classic Nokia.

Ahhh great phone. I liked mine, but had constant issues with rapid battery drain. It eventually went to be replaced by an N8. The N95 8GB on the other had, my favourite phone ever, along with the 1020 I have now.