Forum Member
    ✭✭
    @ Mike Rackabit

You forgot Tomorite!
  • Options
    coulsdon59coulsdon59 Posts: 2,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Siobhan Wykes on with Nick Ferrari this morning - thats a name we havent heard for a while!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    clitheroe1 wrote: »
    Both Nick Ferrari and Olly Mann were on The Alan Titchmarsh show today. Mr Ferrari was obnoxious, calling another journalist a communist because she voiced her support for rent controls and continually tried to talk over her and suggested she should live in South Korea. Olly Mann, calmly intervened saying he too supported rent controls even though he was also a landlord.

It was like watching a microcosm of their radio shows: Mr Ferrari being intolerant and impatient of anyone that disagrees with his opinions and Mr Mann being balanced and reasonable and willing to listen to all opinions while not being afraid to challenge them.

I've not seen Olly on TV for a while now, he looks much slimmer and fitter than he was previously, Nick Ferrari on the other hand...

Could do with Olly on at 10.00pm.
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coulsdon59 wrote: »
    Siobhan Wykes on with Nick Ferrari this morning - thats a name we havent heard for a while!

What was she doing / saying ? I seem to remember it was a 'comedian' (forgotten his name, but someone used to refer to him as the "worlds un-funniest" !!) .
  • Options
    BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member
    Wasn't Siobhan Wykes Nicks bird at the time? Or was that Katy Ker-night?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    Sorry - I have to mention the Fire Kills advert - they seem to be playing it more and more at night and the early hours of the morning. I'm starting to find it really creepy! In fact I had to get up at some silly time this morning to check my plugs :blush: so I suppose the ad worked![/QUOTE

Now that is another ad that gets up my nose but after several weeks I thought that actually it's good in an informative way because there must be hundreds of people, particularly young women, who don't appreciate how dangerous these multi plug sockets are when overloaded.
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BurlyBeaR wrote: »
    Wasn't Siobhan Wykes Nicks bird at the time? Or was that Katy Ker-night?

It was Sibohan. As this photo shows, they were still together earlier this year.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    From Jim Davidson on Twitter -

"Nick Ferrari. Why do you have a go at me? i thought we were friends My kids are so pissed off"

What has Nick said now?
  • Options
    gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was Sibohan. As this photo shows, they were still together earlier this year.

Dear oh dear! It's a toss up which one of them has got the worst dye job. :o
  • Options
    Hey_HoHey_Ho Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    goforgold wrote: »
    Sorry - I have to mention the Fire Kills advert - they seem to be playing it more and more at night and the early hours of the morning. I'm starting to find it really creepy! In fact I had to get up at some silly time this morning to check my plugs :blush: so I suppose the ad worked![/QUOTE

Now that is another ad that gets up my nose but after several weeks I thought that actually it's good in an informative way because there must be hundreds of people, particularly young women, who don't appreciate how dangerous these multi plug sockets are when overloaded.

The idea of an ad to highlight this problem is good, but the actual ad is terrible. I usually turn the sound down as soon as it comes on. The other night however I listened to it all the way through and ended up bursting out laughing at the end of it. It's like a spoof, "and three people died" said in a lugubrious voice had me in stitches. I don't actually find the idea of people dying in fires funny btw, but this ad is the pits.
  • Options
    Charlie DrakeCharlie Drake Posts: 3,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    goforgold wrote: »
    Could do with Olly on at 10.00pm.
    He would certainly be a vast improvement on the idiot who is on now.
  • Options
    Lone DrinkerLone Drinker Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clitheroe1 wrote: »
    Both Nick Ferrari and Olly Mann were on The Alan Titchmarsh show today. Mr Ferrari was obnoxious, calling another journalist a communist because she voiced her support for rent controls and continually tried to talk over her and suggested she should live in South Korea. Olly Mann, calmly intervened saying he too supported rent controls even though he was also a landlord.

It was like watching a microcosm of their radio shows: Mr Ferrari being intolerant and impatient of anyone that disagrees with his opinions and Mr Mann being balanced and reasonable and willing to listen to all opinions while not being afraid to challenge them.

I've not seen Olly on TV for a while now, he looks much slimmer and fitter than he was previously, Nick Ferrari on the other hand...

You watch the Alan Titchmarsh show ?
  • Options
    Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I wonder if they will be making an announcement . . . . . Or is that all over now?
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Olly getting some unbelivable intolerant callers on the gay men kissing on the bus topic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Olly getting some unbelivable intolerant callers on the gay men kissing on the bus topic.

That's why I had to turn it off. My blood pressure can't cope with it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Stewie coughing and spluttering through the show - NOT a good sound!

Someone up high really needs to tell him not to come in when it's uncomfortable listening for the audience, never mind whether he wants to work every single day possible for the money or not.

Edit. - he's apologising, in between coughing on air. Don't apologise, have a day or two off, for goodness sake!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SA coughing is terrible. Sorry for his work collegues.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SA coughing is terrible. Sorry for his work collegues.

I can't believe that he thinks it's OK to broadcast like this, it sounds bloody awful.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to be careful about my sugar intake says the man drinking a Manuka honey drink. He's called a bloke a wittering old tart and is revelling in the death of Lynda Bellingham. Plus ca change.
  • Options
    James30James30 Posts: 5,201
    Forum Member
    Stewie coughing and spluttering through the show - NOT a good sound!

Someone up high really needs to tell him not to come in when it's uncomfortable listening for the audience, never mind whether he wants to work every single day possible for the money or not.

Edit. - he's apologising, in between coughing on air. Don't apologise, have a day or two off, for goodness sake!!!

He wouldn't have a day off today, Daniel Radcliffe is in for 'In Conversation' :o His favourite :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    James30 wrote: »
    He wouldn't have a day off today, Daniel Radcliffe is in for 'In Conversation' :o His favourite :D

He'll probably give him his cold, the idiot.

He ought to shut up now about Lynda Bellingham and his experiences of cancer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He'll probably give him his cold, the idiot.

He ought to shut up now about Lynda Bellingham and his experiences of cancer.

Yes that is another thing. SA seems to believe himself to be a world expert on cancer
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He's now said that we'll lose an hour's sleep on Saturday when the clocks go back.

We gain an hour, you twit!
  • Options
    coulsdon59coulsdon59 Posts: 2,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What was she doing / saying ? I seem to remember it was a 'comedian' (forgotten his name, but someone used to refer to him as the "worlds un-funniest" !!) .

Only on the line briefly to talk about Lynda Bellingham.

Which comedian? Mark Dolan? Who can forget Mandela/Mandolan! Only Nick found that funny!
  • Options
    gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only on the line briefly to talk about Lynda Bellingham.

Which comedian? Mark Dolan? Who can forget Mandela/Mandolan! Only Nick found that funny!

I used to enjoy 'Mrs Mandelson' who'd phone in about her wonderful son Peter. :D

Morning all. :)
This discussion has been closed.