Options

Just about to embark upon WeightWatchers again..

Comments

• Options
    Millie MuppetMillie Muppet Posts: 6,853
    Forum Member
    sarahj1986 wrote: »
    another 2lb loss this week!! keep at it everybody

Brilliant! Many congrats. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How are we all doing, 'Watchers? It's been aaaaages!

I'm another 1.5lb down tonight and overjoyed because

a) I have now lost 5% body weight

and

b) I was naughty at the weekend. (Decadent Italian food, booze and local Food Fest)

Updates please! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Guys, my mum visited this weekend and took me out for lots of yummy food.

Consequently I've gained 2lb.

Please motivate me, I've fallen off the wagon. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

just remember how good you felt last week when you lost the 1.5lbs when you were naughty as well. Or remember how crap you feel this week for gaining weight. - Not sure if this is healthy thinking to feel guilty or elated. So erm yeah sorry not much help
  • Options
    whackyracerwhackyracer Posts: 15,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well look at it this way, do you want to shop in larger lady shops? Or just go in any shop you fancy, knowing full well that whatever you choose to pick up and buy, will fit wonderfully and look superb.
  • Options
    rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member

Don't worry, I leaped off the wagon over the last two weeks. There was a death in my family and I didn't really feel like cooking so lots of junk food for me, I've also been comfort eating.
    I didn't go to WW last week and I won't go tonight. I know I'll have gained an obsene amount next week but now I've got a week to catch up with that damn wagon.

I'm sure I've said it before but the brilliant thing about WW is that every week is a fresh start. So you had a bad week (or weeks it dosn't matter which). The day after your meeting you can start fresh. You'll get there, we all have ups and downs but we all know WW is the best healthy way to loose weight. Just take a deep breath and sit down and plan out your week ahead. Even if it's just planning your lunches so you don't buy something naughty on your lunch break. It will get you back in the habit and you can go from there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thank you, you're all brilliant and I LOVED the comment about 'larger lady' shops....so true! Well, I never shopped in them to begin with- the largest I've been is a 'healthy' size 16- but yes, I absolutely hate the feeling of trying something on which theoretically should fit you, yet feels, and looks, absolutely awful.

It is a wonderful feeling to lose weight and I'm just going to try and focus on that.

Keep on 'watching. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thank you, you're all brilliant and I LOVED the comment about 'larger lady' shops....so true! Well, I never shopped in them to begin with- the largest I've been is a 'healthy' size 16- but yes, I absolutely hate the feeling of trying something on which theoretically should fit you, yet feels, and looks, absolutely awful.

It is a wonderful feeling to lose weight and I'm just going to try and focus on that.

Keep on 'watching. :)

BIB, so jealous :mad: but I completly understand what you're saying. I'm finally down to an 18/20 depending on the style of top and today I noticed the top I'm wearing now actually looks decent, something that hasn't happened with any top for years in my eyes. Too big but it is a 22/24. I was a 26/28 at my largest so this top used to be all belly, but now it hangs off my boobs as a loose top should without any interferance from my gut :D

I'm not really annoyed with you for complaining about being a 16 at your largest by the way, I only get angry with people who are a size 14 and under and complain about their weight directly too me (my sister for example :mad:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm not really annoyed with you for complaining about being a 16 at your largest by the way, I only get angry with people who are a size 14 and under and complain about their weight directly too me (my sister for example :mad:)

Yeah, it's pretty tactless complaining about being 'fat' to someone who you know is heavier than you- that really hacks me off too. :mad:

But then I guess weight is very subjective. There are a couple of girls at my WW group who can't be more than a size 12, but obviously aren't happy with their size.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Right I need some tips to get back into the WW groove. The last 3 weeks I've really fallen back into my old bad food ways (see one of my previous posts for the reason). And despite what my mum said to me earlier in the year, yes I do enjoy eating all the junk again even though I enjoyed eating the WW way for the past year.

I've just finished my second share bag of chocolate (aero bubbles and smarties today) of the day and I've finally hit the point where the junk food is making me feel rough and I can see I've gained weight. I haven't been to a WW meeting for 2 weeks and I don't know if I should go tomorrow. I know I'm going to gain, that won't upset me because I know the reasons behind it, but I don't know if I should give myself an extra week to really focus on WW and get myself back on track before getting weighed again?

Any thoughts would be helpful, and any tips if anyone’s done a similar thing after a short WW 'break'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    OK Rumple I have some motivation for you hunny.

I have had a similar time of late. I gained while my mum was here and found it really difficult to get back into the groove after she left and I found out I'd put on 2lb. I just felt very dejected, especially cause I'd got my 5% the week before and had basically undone the good work.

This week I had a heavy period and have just lain around feeling fat and having the appetite of a horse. I had takeout sushi on Friday, and a Chinese on Saturday. Then BBQ (albeit salmon rather than sausages, but anyway....)

I didn't want to go to WW this week either. I felt that if I were to gain anymore I might just reach for the razorblades. But I did, and,...

I've only gone and lost 4lbs. :eek:

I am still sitting here feeling stunned. I would recommend you to get yourself back to your meeting pronto because it's just so easy to lapse otherwise. You might get a pleasant surprise, which is the best moivator in the world, and if you don't, you still have motivation, be it slightly less pleasant but very honest!

You can still have goodies remember- you don't have to give up the good stuff, just wean yourself off it, or have slightly less. WW choccy bars are YUMMY. Mullerlite choc orange yoghurts too. Water down your booze with spritzers of Sprite Zero or loads of ice. Pretzels are a more economical munchie than other crisps. I'm like you, I adore junk. Last night I was actually looking at photos of garlic bread online. (It didn't help that someone posted a pic in the 'food photos' thread, grrr. :mad:)

But I believe these phases pass, they honestly do, and like others said to me last week, looser clothes and dropping dress sizes are the greatest motivator of all.

If I can do it, honestly, anyone can. Don't ever stop enjoying your food! Where there's a will there's a way. :) xx
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I joined WW a while back online but to be honest have only been flirting with it now and then, using family stuff/visitors etc as an excuse when really it isn't cos you can really eat what you like in moderation.

Its great to see a thread, i had my first proper pointed day in a while today, hope to come back and share in the support again tomorrow with another good day, one day at a time right :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Gaun yersel' Pasodaisy. It can feel like a struggle sometimes but it's all so worth it. There's no better feeling than a loss. :)
  • Options
    marietsmariets Posts: 1,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My WW motto is "no food is ever going to taste as good as being slim feels"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    HI everyone. I've been reading your thread was interesting as I'm really trying to loose weight at the moment. I have beeing uuming and aahing for the past week whether to join ww online or slimming world online - I'm siding more towards ww as it is about half the price of slimming world and the site looks a lot better. I was just wondering what everyones experiences are of the online site as I would really struggle to get to any meetings as they aren't at convenient times for me.
  • Options
    BarbellaBarbella Posts: 5,417
    Forum Member
    WW is really good. I can't praise it highly enough as it simply teaches you to eat helathy and moderatley.

I can't say that I was over weight, but I was overweight for me ( 10 and half stone) and I lost a stone very easily.

The website is great, the weight tracker is very useful and the success stories are motivating.

Also, to those fretting about small weight gains - I have found that it is best not to weigh myself a week before my period and wait until 6 days after because I will always appear to have gained weight before my period, wheras really, it is just water retention.

Personally, i don't think its useful for women to weigh themselves weekly because hormonal fluctuations can give a flase impression of apparent weight gain. I think that weighing once a month is better, and in mid cycle .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Barbella wrote: »
    WW is really good. I can't praise it highly enough as it simply teaches you to eat helathy and moderatley.

I can't say that I was over weight, but I was overweight for me ( 10 and half stone) and I lost a stone very easily.

The website is great, the weight tracker is very useful and the success stories are motivating.

Also, to those fretting about small weight gains - I have found that it is best not to weigh myself a week before my period and wait until 6 days after because I will always appear to have gained weight before my period, wheras really, it is just water retention.

Personally, i don't think its useful for women to weigh themselves weekly because hormonal fluctuations can give a flase impression of apparent weight gain. I think that weighing once a month is better, and in mid cycle .

Thanks for the reply barbella. Like you I'm not massively overweight - I'm 10 stone 4lbs with a bmi of 23 but I am overweight for me and I know I would be happier if I got done to 9 stone ish as that is what I normally am.I think I will take the plunge and sign up this weekend.I will definately be using this thread for motivation.
  • Options
    BarbellaBarbella Posts: 5,417
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the reply barbella. Like you I'm not massively overweight - I'm 10 stone 4lbs with a bmi of 23 but I am overweight for me and I know I would be happier if I got done to 9 stone ish as that is what I normally am.I think I will take the plunge and sign up this weekend.I will definately be using this thread for motivation.

I think you'll do it easily - I was amazed how quickly and easily I lost.

Only drawback is that my clothes are all hanging now and I need new ones :D You wouln't think a stone would make such a difference but it really does!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Barbella wrote: »
    I think you'll do it easily - I was amazed how quickly and easily I lost.

Only drawback is that my clothes are all hanging now and I need new ones :D You wouln't think a stone would make such a difference but it really does!

Thanks for that. After weighing myself today I am actually weight 10 stone 8lbs which means I've a tiny bit more to lose. I signed up for ww online this morning so I now I just need to get my head around what sort of things I should be eating. I am finding the online point tracker very helpful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mariets wrote: »
    My WW motto is "no food is ever going to taste as good as being slim feels"

That has become my new mantra for whenever I've got a craving. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How's it all going guys?

Who else gives themselves a points-free day once a week?

Today is mine and I'm off to make the most of the 50% off Pizza Express offer shortly. :D

What do you treat yourself to when you go points-free?

Keep on watching! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How's it all going guys?

Who else gives themselves a points-free day once a week?

Today is mine and I'm off to make the most of the 50% off Pizza Express offer shortly. :D

What do you treat yourself to when you go points-free?

Keep on watching! :)

Nope. That's what my weekly points are for. I am WAY too focused on losing the final few pounds - should reach 50lb loss this week.

Yippee!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Right I'm back on WW as of today, had 3 weeks of junk food, time to focus. My weigh in is on wednesday but I've seen WW scales in Tescos and I'm considering buying them (don't have any scales at home, if I'm going to buy some might as well be WW ones) and weighing myself before hand to soften the blow.
  • Options
    peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    This woman is a Weighth Watcher now that she has lost the weight she likes to show off her hip bones http://www.sherylyvette.com/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gizzy77 wrote: »
    Nope. That's what my weekly points are for. I am WAY too focused on losing the final few pounds - should reach 50lb loss this week.

Yippee!

50lbs is a wonderful achievement- very well done you, you're an inspiration to all of us who contribute to this thread. :)

Makes this week's loss of 2lb seem rather paltry but in total I'm at 13lb now and just need one more wee pound next week to get my first stone off. :D

PS My Saturday treat didn't affect this; Pizza Express this week, yummy! ;)